Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 57>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

makes the bench today which is good 
Joiners always have plenty work.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:41pm
Am I right in thinking that that was his premier league debut. 

Hopefully more to come
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Joiners always have plenty work.
😂😂
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Am I right in thinking that that was his premier league debut. 

Hopefully more to come
I think it was 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He made it off the bench for the final minute. 
How did he play?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 7:17pm
Delighted for him hopefully he can breakthrough for them. Personally I was praying he would go out on loan to a team like Millwall again this year for another 30-40 games. He’s only turned 21 I get their was a clamour for him to stick with “breaking through in the PL” this year but the Championship is still a decent level for a lad his age especially at a club like Millwall that will likely be challenging for play off places too. people seem to forget in modern football how young 21 is in footballing terms.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 7:42pm
He needs to be playing every week. A loan move would be much more beneficial to him and us :)
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 5:53am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Delighted for him hopefully he can breakthrough for them. Personally I was praying he would go out on loan to a team like Millwall again this year for another 30-40 games. He’s only turned 21 I get their was a clamour for him to stick with “breaking through in the PL” this year but the Championship is still a decent level for a lad his age especially at a club like Millwall that will likely be challenging for play off places too. people seem to forget in modern football how young 21 is in footballing terms.
How young is it in footballing terms?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

How young is it in footballing terms?

Just turning 21 is very young in football terms. Doherty Egan Stevens Hendrick Duffy Randolph Hourihane Mcgoldrick all examples of players who were well into their 20s before establishing themselves/playing in the Premier League. exceptions I can think of are Coleman who was still 22 nearly 23 before he was playing regular PL football for Everton Brady about the same age for Hull Shane Long who was a bit part player as a kid 2 seasons for Reading  before dropping down to the Championship for 4 years before he got back up to PL level again and James McCarthy who is probably our last player to establish himself at PL level without dropping down as a 20-21 year old. 10 years ago when in reality it was a bit easier for young players to break into PL teams then it is today. 

Unless you have this FIFA mentality of players are finished by the time they are 28 then yes 20-21 is still young and the only thing a lad that age should be worried about is game time. I do think Molumby has half a chance of breaking into the Brighton team properly before the year is out still. 

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 11:36am
On the bench again.
Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 12:49pm
Molumby Obafemi and Smallbone playing in an U23 match. Almost tragic all 3 lads talented who should at the very least be out on loan playing Championship football. 

Huge problem going forward for us is the lack of youth development in English football.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:02pm
The curse of the green jersey.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:08pm

No harm in a bit of wood work to fall back on  
AKA pedantic kunt
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Now Smallbone has been injured for 5/6 weeks so fair enough him but the other 2 really could be playing for a Promotion challenging Championship club.

It’s nothing to do with talent it’s simply a case of these clubs could afford to bring in better more proven options in the short term as in 1 or 2 year short term. If they played in Germany with Mainz/Union Berlin or even higher profile again like Schalke instead let’s say they’d get their game time/would be in the clubs interest to play them as they can’t bring in a player like Walcott/Lallana to be a rotation option for now on huge wages. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:51pm
I'm not being smart here but do you have to keep making the same point Kevin?

They're not playing in Germany, they play in England currently and will be for the foreseeable future. Hypothetical scenarios are great, but who's to say they'd be regulars in Germany also? In truth all of these lads still have much to prove and it's on them now to secure a loan move somewhere and impress.

Edited by Green Devil - 01 Dec 2020 at 1:58pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:03pm
Il keep banging the drum as I think it will effect our ability to havea depth of decent players in the future? What’s wrong with that? 

Of course they have it to prove have made that abundantly clear in my repeated making of the above point (considering you clearly have been noticing) but it’s no good if they don’t get the opportunity to develop in the first place which the 3 lads mentioned above in an extremely important season for their careers haven’t done so.

It’s more of an English football thing in general to me not just isolated to us Irish I constantly bang the same drum as a Man Utd fan as well we don’t put our good young players out on loan to develop and it hurts them/us long term.

Edited by kevin100 - 01 Dec 2020 at 2:06pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:36pm

Il keep banging the drum as I think it will effect our ability to havea depth of decent players in the future? What’s wrong with that? 

Of course they have it to prove have made that abundantly clear in my repeated making of the above point (considering you clearly have been noticing) but it’s no good if they don’t get the opportunity to develop in the first place which the 3 lads mentioned above in an extremely important season for their careers haven’t done so.

It’s more of an English football thing in general to me not just isolated to us Irish I constantly bang the same drum as a Man Utd fan as well we don’t put our good young players out on loan to develop and it hurts them/us long term.
What’s wrong with it is that it is all completely made up. Molumby starting for Schalke is based on nothing and pulled straight from your ass. 

You’ve then proceeded to show yourself up as completely clueless by calling out Manchester United. An academy which has far note players playing in the top 5 leagues than any German club. An academy which consistently tops the English leagues for players produced. And a first team which consistently tops the PL for academy graduates used. 

You’re claims are based on nothing with absolutely nothing to back it up other than trying to be hipster and claim Germany is amazing. Except when you actually look at it, the huge number of English players who’ve recently gone to Germany haven’t got to play. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 57>
  Share Topic