You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 57>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Just watched him play for Brighton v Man Utd in the premier League 2 fixture on MUTV. Its a level well below the championship and it must be having an affect mentally on the lad. He did well today without ever getting out of second gear.
He did nowhere near well. He was miles off the pace the entire match and a key reason why they’ve conceded 5 goals. It was a dreadful performance. And he didn’t get out of first gear, let alone second. He walked around just watching the majority of the time. 

If this is his attitude to just down tools and not bother doing anything because he doesn’t get in the first team like he wants then I can’t see a great future for him. Displayed a shocking attitude today in a terrible performance. Was frankly pathetic. 

In fairness, you're drawing conclusion without any context. He may have turned down return to Millwall with promise of at least chance to impress. Potter doesn't seem interested (now anyway).

Not being biased, but Potter does seem to be a bit of a spoofer. Haven't exactly moved on much since Hughton. 
Sponsored Links

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 5:10pm
he was obviously looking after himself with the international break coming up which is understandable in a meaningless u23 game 
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Just watched him play for Brighton v Man Utd in the premier League 2 fixture on MUTV. Its a level well below the championship and it must be having an affect mentally on the lad. He did well today without ever getting out of second gear.
He did nowhere near well. He was miles off the pace the entire match and a key reason why they’ve conceded 5 goals. It was a dreadful performance. And he didn’t get out of first gear, let alone second. He walked around just watching the majority of the time. 

If this is his attitude to just down tools and not bother doing anything because he doesn’t get in the first team like he wants then I can’t see a great future for him. Displayed a shocking attitude today in a terrible performance. Was frankly pathetic. 

In fairness, you're drawing conclusion without any context. He may have turned down return to Millwall with promise of at least chance to impress. Potter doesn't seem interested (now anyway).

Not being biased, but Potter does seem to be a bit of a spoofer. Haven't exactly moved on much since Hughton. 
I didn’t draw any conclusions, hence the use of the word “IF.” 

All I can come to a conclusion on is this single performance, which was dreadful and nowhere near doing “well” like claimed above. 

I nor anyone here will know the full reasons behind any of it. Promises or not isn’t an excuse for walking around for 90 minutes and refusing to do anything though. Throwing a strop and downing tools over promises is a pathetic attitude so let’s all hope it wasn’t that. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 7:33pm
Molumby won't have to worry about Potter for very long, an absolute spoofer.
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 5:40pm
I think he's be dreadful for Ireland. Hoped he was going to be a technically gifted midfielder for the future, looks just another dogged, whole hearted ball chaser
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

I think he's be dreadful for Ireland. Hoped he was going to be a technically gifted midfielder for the future, looks just another dogged, whole hearted ball chaser

Have you watched all the games? Hardly been dreadful. He will have a good career in football.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Have you watched all the games? Hardly been dreadful. He will have a good career in football.

It’s a fetish for some people to knock our players on any occasion! Weird f**ks.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It’s a fetish for some people to knock our players on any occasion! Weird f**ks.

I dont think he has been dreadful but he certainly isn't a saviour. 

Happy for him to continue to get game time as he is young and will improve but he reminds me of Harry Arter and ability wise I dont think he is any better than him.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 7:39pm

I mean, can people even attempt to be more constructive in their criticism, where exactly has he looked so bad that you've written him off? 

I agree he's not been incredible for ireland, i feel his positional sense needs to improve, his touch was heavy in places. Id say hes a bit rough around the edges but he has premier league potential for me.

Still only 21 remember and he needs to be playing week in week out
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I mean, can people even attempt to be more constructive in their criticism, where exactly has he looked so bad that you've written him off? 

I agree he's not been incredible for ireland, i feel his positional sense needs to improve, his touch was heavy in places. Id say hes a bit rough around the edges but he has premier league potential for me.

Still only 21 remember and he needs to be playing week in week out

The negativity on here is unreal. Thought he did well and look forward to seeing lots more of him in green. Millwall are certainly missing him this season.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:05am
Agreed. Chap's 21, only starting his international career with not much club football under his belt. Give him a break 
Some people just deserve a slap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:40am
Molumby has been dreadful?! LOL

It genuinely baffles me how some people can come to that conclusion watching the same matches. 

Apart from the Finland home game where he looked way off the pace like the rest of them, he's done pretty well in all the other games. I think he's going to be a guaranteed starter for the next campaign tbh. 

Edited by irishmufc - 17 Nov 2020 at 9:40am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 11:19am
The only issue with Molumby is how little football he has played generally, 18 months out with injury at crucial stage of development.  Did well when he finally got a run of games with Millwall, all though did fade a bit, which is to be expected.  This season was when he really needed to keep momentum going and he's ended up with Brighton u23, despite having a decent game the one start he was given.  He will be a big player for Ireland in years to come, and has done ok in his appearances so far.  He seems determined to get away from Brighton if he's not getting games so hopefully he does that in Jan.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 11:51am
Hes been a bit rusty due to lack of first team action, heavy touch on occasion, not as sharp in the pass as he would be if playing regularly.

But the lad has done well, at 21 and happy to get stuck in with a tackle, covers a lot of grass, decent passer of the ball, calm under pressure, can carry the ball forward and always wants it. High energy levels

I see him as a defensive midfielder. He doesn't seem to have the weighted through ball or composure in front of goal needed to be an attacking midfielder. Id happily be proved wrong.

He'll get a loan move and be an ireland first team player
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 3:35pm
Shame he didn't get the loan move before the window closed but January is rapidly approaching so, if he gets a move then, he could be bang in form in time for March.
Here's hoping.

Edited by Fozz - 17 Nov 2020 at 3:35pm
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 2:02pm
makes the bench today which is good 
trapscat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapscat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

makes the bench today which is good 
Excellent hopefully its not just because of injuries, but its a start. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 5:06pm
He made it off the bench for the final minute. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 57>
  Share Topic