You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jayson Molumby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 57>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 8:33pm
He is a very crisp passer of the ball, played a really good ball down the channel a few mins ago. Playing well.
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 8:34pm
Agree with all the posts above. He has had a good first half

Edited by aviva8 - 30 Sep 2020 at 8:35pm
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Molly? 

Oo! Football friend! Or running friend .... or cycling friend! Get a  fitness buddy with Jaha - Coolsmartphone

Jayo Molly
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:07pm
dare i say... he reminds me of a young Glen Whelan Tongue
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:10pm
Brilliant play and battling from "molly" for that chance. 

what a save. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm
For me he would look far better as a number 8 per say for Ireland, he has so much energy and can afford to be a little more rash/ill disciplined in and out of possession than that of a holding midfielder.

James McCarthy you would expect in a 4-3-3 will be our holding midfielder, but playing Molomby ahead of him may allow us to carry a more creative threat in the other central midfield position (granted we won't play with an out and out 10 under Kenny)
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

For me he would look far better as a number 8 per say for Ireland, he has so much energy and can afford to be a little more rash/ill disciplined in and out of possession than that of a holding midfielder.

James McCarthy you would expect in a 4-3-3 will be our holding midfielder, but playing Molomby ahead of him may allow us to carry a more creative threat in the other central midfield position (granted we won't play with an out and out 10 under Kenny)

Agreed. His best traits are wasted as a sitter. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:28pm
Good 80mins from Molly (yeah, its catching on) I have seem him a few times for Millwall in the holding role and I tgink its his best position. 

There are lots of positives in his game but I'm not sure he has that deadly pass you need to play in a more advanced role.

Reads the game well, always wants the ball, tidy in the pass and although not a 'fantastic game I would say a very mature game from him today

Edited by Left foot - 30 Sep 2020 at 9:30pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 11:05pm
A great piece of play by him in the build up to Brighton’s best chance of the game 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 30 Sep 2020 at 11:05pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 11:13pm
Had a solid game I though.
Doesn't look out of place.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 11:57am

I have long thought he would be tailor made for that slightly deeper lying ball playing role tephens played for Brighton last year and surely that would have given Potter food for thought as Bissouma who has been filling it in doesn’t look that well suited to it. Stephens is gone so they have no one else for it really. 

With the back 5/3 CBs in front of him he can afford to be more bold knowing if he gets caught makes a mistake he’s 3 behind him as opposed to 2.

Edited by kevin100 - 01 Oct 2020 at 11:58am
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I have long thought he would be tailor made for that slightly deeper lying ball playing role tephens played for Brighton last year and surely that would have given Potter food for thought as Bissouma who has been filling it in doesn’t look that well suited to it. Stephens is gone so they have no one else for it really. 

With the back 5/3 CBs in front of him he can afford to be more bold knowing if he gets caught makes a mistake he’s 3 behind him as opposed to 2.

Personally speaking, he will need to mature a lot and gain more experience before he could be tasked with playing the holding role, be it at International or Premiership level. There are many aspects of his game that he will need to fine tune + he's very young and extremely energetic so at the moment it makes sense to have him higher up the pitch. If you play him in the 6, he then loses part of his tenacity and box to box running nature.

Also, that's all well and good at club level, he wouldn't have that luxury playing for Ireland as we will be playing with a flat back four.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 5:52pm
Best player in green today. Well done lad
Whacha gonna do
triggs1993 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggs1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:03pm
Man of the match great to see
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:19pm
So far the best player for us it wasn’t funny bar maybe Doherty at CB oddly enough. Molumby was deadly just able to do the basic things on the ball looked so comfortable on it was arguably the best player on the pitch. 

Wouldnt mind seeing him go back to Millwall where he will get 30-40 more games under his belt only turned 21 he has plenty time to establish himself at Brighton or a higher level (genuinely think he has that in him). He could get very handy in that Brighton side if staying this year though such as his quality think he he proved he’s made for that ball playing sitting midfielder role Potter loves (played it deadly against Utd in the League Cup). 

to be frank Bissouma aside who isn’t going to work Brighton have no one else for that role in my eyes.

Edited by kevin100 - 11 Oct 2020 at 6:20pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 6:24pm
yeah thought he was good today.  

I have always liked the way the welsh have backed young talent and haven’t just picked the the player who happens to be scoring one or two goals or gets a run in the premier league.   They have picked from an early age the players managers and coaches deem their most talented and even if they are not getting a game for Liverpool or utd they get picked.   

I feel Molumby falls into that category. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:20pm
Wonder if he's injured tho?
If not he should be in the starting 11 for Wednesday.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:35pm
On RTE radio 1 they were calling him Malumphy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 57>
  Share Topic