You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much do you stick in a wedding card?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 33>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Wedding thank you cards:

Couple attending give....

€100.....”thank you for being there and for your card and for your gift”

€200.....”thank you for being there and for your card and for your generous gift”

€300......”thank you for being there and for your card and for your very generous gift “

You thank them more lavishly for the more lavish gifts????

So your wedding is all about the money..... I hope you’ll both be very happy

No, it’s... “thank you for the very generous (insert X amount)..
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Wedding thank you cards:

€200.....”thank you for being there and for your card and for your generous gift”

€300......”thank you for being there and for your card and for your very generous gift “

Ffs that’s just creating work just sent out a blanket thank you to everyone and thank them for their generous gift.   Perfect 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Wedding thank you cards:

Ffs that’s just creating work just sent out a blanket thank you to everyone and thank them for their generous gift.   Perfect 

But if you thank somebody for a gift, and they didn’t give you one, it would be passive aggressive.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:23pm

Wedding thank you cards:

But if you thank somebody for a gift, and they didn’t give you one, it would be passive aggressive.

Who gives a sh*t they turned up at your wedding and didn’t give you a gift.  They can’t say anything. 

As far as I can see weddings seem to be more about wannabe project managers and stationary nerds having a field day and tying themselves up in knots with bullsh*t etiquette. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm

Wedding thank you cards:

Who gives a sh*t they turned up at your wedding and didn’t give you a gift.  They can’t say anything. 

As far as I can see weddings seem to be more about wannabe project managers and stationary nerds having a field day and tying themselves up in knots with bullsh*t etiquette. 

Etiquette isn’t bullsh*t. It exists due to custom and practice,and adhereing to it can be very important.

Weddings are awkward for many reasons, and I know too many people who lost friends over various breaches.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:38pm

Wedding thank you cards:

Etiquette isn’t bullsh*t. It exists due to custom and practice,and adhereing to it can be very important.

Weddings are awkward for many reasons, and I know too many people who lost friends over various breaches.

Sounds like you hang around with a load of walkers who take themselves too seriously. Who gives a sh*t it’s a good day out and a bit of Craic. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:49pm

Wedding thank you cards:

Sounds like you hang around with a load of walkers who take themselves too seriously. Who gives a sh*t it’s a good day out and a bit of Craic. 

It is a good day out. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:51pm

Wedding thank you cards:

He hangs about with Coyne?
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wedding thank you cards:

He hangs about with Coyne?

brilliant.......and on that note please someone close this thread
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

We spent 26k on wedding. got 20k back

but also spent 15k on honeymoon

minimum I would put in a card is 200

we had 1 couple at ours gave nothing

and one gave 500. 

169 people seated

it is what it is. we just wanted people to be there.

Where did you go?

Vegas, Mammoth Lakes, San Fran and Dominican Republic. 3 weeks. Some craic.
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Robbo is being so hypocritical here, big wedding, doesn't want any cash but will accept it, give me a break Confused

Guarantee it pays for most of his wedding which anyone with a brain has factored in no matter what cr*p they talk

If you don’t have a wedding list you are saying in the most polite way possible - give us cash. Nobody (outside Cavan) will turn up to a wedding empty handed. Would you do it yourself?
Now unless you return all said cash/ give to charity / put it behind the bar you are talking absolutely through your hole.

Lads trying to take the high ground yet accepting every present given to them.  LOL

As I said before, we are doing a free bar and it’s a byob option too. We’re trying to make it as cheap as possible for our guests as a fair few will be travelling from outside of Ireland. If people want to give gifts they’re more than entitled to, however if someone came to my wedding without giving any gift it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. The reason I want to them to attend is to enjoy the day with us. Not for us to try and see how important they feel we are to them by trying to monetize of relationship. It’s strange that people feel I’m being hypocritical in all of this. The part I’m trying to stress, which a lot of you seem to not understand is for me I don’t care who does what and I certainly won’t be tracking gifts given by people and thanking them based off of what they gave, which is what a lot of people do. Some will try and say we do it for this reason or that, when the sad reality is that they did it try and evaluate their friendships and relationships with people.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 2:07am
I got a thank you card only last week and it just said thanks for coming and a few nice words. No mention of special thanks for the money I gave them and it didn't cross my mind they never thanked me for it. Only thought of now after reading this thread..

I'm got a fancy meal and a few drinks included that would add up to about €80 if it was in a restaurant so in reality I'm just paying for my night. If I couldn't afford to pay I wouldn't or would give less. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:25am
Robbo - I assume when you go to a close friends wedding you don’t get a present.
As you are close, no present would be expected and you want to respect their wishes. It will have no impact on your friendship at all as you don’t try to monitize your friendship.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Robbo is being so hypocritical here, big wedding, doesn't want any cash but will accept it, give me a break Confused

Guarantee it pays for most of his wedding which anyone with a brain has factored in no matter what cr*p they talk

If you don’t have a wedding list you are saying in the most polite way possible - give us cash. Nobody (outside Cavan) will turn up to a wedding empty handed. Would you do it yourself?
Now unless you return all said cash/ give to charity / put it behind the bar you are talking absolutely through your hole.

Lads trying to take the high ground yet accepting every present given to them.  LOL

As I said before, we are doing a free bar and it’s a byob option too. We’re trying to make it as cheap as possible for our guests as a fair few will be travelling from outside of Ireland. If people want to give gifts they’re more than entitled to, however if someone came to my wedding without giving any gift it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. The reason I want to them to attend is to enjoy the day with us. Not for us to try and see how important they feel we are to them by trying to monetize of relationship. It’s strange that people feel I’m being hypocritical in all of this. The part I’m trying to stress, which a lot of you seem to not understand is for me I don’t care who does what and I certainly won’t be tracking gifts given by people and thanking them based off of what they gave, which is what a lot of people do. Some will try and say we do it for this reason or that, when the sad reality is that they did it try and evaluate their friendships and relationships with people.

That last act of conjecture is not valid at all. Only a fraction of a fraction would fall out with people over wedding gifts.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:35pm

Wedding thank you cards:

Ohhhh wait until your turn Baldie , now the last thing you will be worried about is money .
Brace yourself baby i am not sure what happens next but here go's .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Trevor.ie View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:45pm
We are all expecting an invite MurphLOL
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:43am

Robbo - I assume when you go to a close friends wedding you don’t get a present.
As you are close, no present would be expected and you want to respect their wishes. It will have no impact on your friendship at all as you don’t try to monitize your friendship.

None of my close friends have gotten married yet and I can’t speak on their behalf
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Ohhhh wait until your turn Baldie , now the last thing you will be worried about is money .
Brace yourself baby i am not sure what happens next but here go's .

He has the spreadsheet done since 1996 Murph, you & Mrs Murph are down for € 500 between ye, he reckons ye are good for it. Think I'm OK for roughly € 25, Newryrep's in for a pint or so, Sligo Hornet was down at the very bottom of the list & got crossed off it due to ongoing wallet issues. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 33>
  Share Topic