You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 85>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Read their statement-who the hell is managing their PR!?!?! Mentioning the effect it has had on their mental health!

Just read it there - about seven or eight paragraphs of vague waffle followed by 'We hope this answers the questions which have been in the public sphere...'.

Pretty good trolling to be fair to them.

The county board have also released a statement. Fairly strong and unambiguous with no grey areas. Unlike the rebels
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 2:59pm
I think this whole thing is totally out of control now.

From the actual facts that are out there and statements made it doesn't look good for the break away crew.

The whole thing is very sad.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Laois GAA are bringing in a divisional competition after John Sugrue (Laois manager) said the Kerry model would revamp the club scene in Laois.

It's something I've waited to see happen for years, absolutely delighted!

In Laois, there are too many small village teams who simply cannot compete with Portlaoise and our best players like Donie Kingston/Ross Munnelly etc are playing with tiny rural clubs where it wouldn't be uncommon to see numerous players on the wrong side of 35 lining out for both clubs with a real lack of youth coming through.

Portlaoise have won every Laois Championship bar 2016 since 2007, I have no doubt if certain rural clubs joined together in the new ravamp, healthier competition at club level would benefit the Laois senior team no end. 
We do something similar in Cork, the Senior Championship contains all the big clubs, but then divisional sides too. So if you're from a small village but good enough for Senior, you join with a bunch of other communities to make the divisional senior side. Each small village plays junior too, so the village keeps its GAA identity. 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

From the actual facts that are out there and statements made it doesn't look good for the break away crew.

Sad no, pathetic yes imho
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:15pm

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Laois GAA are bringing in a divisional competition after John Sugrue (Laois manager) said the Kerry model would revamp the club scene in Laois.

It's something I've waited to see happen for years, absolutely delighted!

In Laois, there are too many small village teams who simply cannot compete with Portlaoise and our best players like Donie Kingston/Ross Munnelly etc are playing with tiny rural clubs where it wouldn't be uncommon to see numerous players on the wrong side of 35 lining out for both clubs with a real lack of youth coming through.

Portlaoise have won every Laois Championship bar 2016 since 2007, I have no doubt if certain rural clubs joined together in the new ravamp, healthier competition at club level would benefit the Laois senior team no end. 
How does it work?

I'd hazard a guess that there will be two championships and the league calendar will be nowhere near as long or drawn out.

The Laois Senior Championship should contain amalgamations i.e. Arles Killeen/Arles Kilcruise, Ballylinan and Barrowhouse etc along with clubs like Graiguecullen, Portlaoise, Portarlington etc who can go alone.

Then in order to allow small clubs the chance to keep their own identity I reckon they will play in their own individual championships at lesser grades with promotion/relegation taking place.

I could be way off here, I'm just guessing!  
Seems to be a competition set up for use as trials for the county panel. Starts when the championship ends
Some people just deserve a slap
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:43pm

Is there any way you can blame the dubs Ewan? 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Is there any way you can blame the dubs Ewan? 

Wouldn't put it past him to find a way  LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 18 Sep 2018 at 4:45pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:52pm
Horan nominated for the Mayo job again
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Would that be Monsignor Horan as they do need a miracle

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 19 Sep 2018 at 12:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Would that be Monsignor Horan as they do need a miracle

LOL

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:34pm

What the Mayo fans think of that appointment ,if it happens ?

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I'd eat my own teeth to see this happen
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:13pm

As I understand it,Horans name has been put forward by at least one club.

This essentially means nothing.His last comment on this was there was no contact between him and the CB.As far as I can make out nothing has changed.

Horan has dealt with these clowns before and stood up to them on certain issues.They are not keen to work with him either.They will get a yes man in.

Mayo fans would be over the moon if Horan came back.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:37pm
Tubber nominated him with his consent So he wants the gig
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:47pm
No word of Jimmy Sloyan?
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Tubber nominated him with his consent So he wants the gig

Cheers for the info Mark👍
That's great news
There's light at the end of this!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I'd eat my own teeth to see this happen

LOL

Same here though Clap
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:17pm
Bit of a ruckus after the Ballinascreen Greenlough championship game in Derry at the weekend. Video going round of the umpire on his backside and then a supporter comes running on and copes over the ref LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 85>
  Share Topic