You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 85>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Tyrone v Armagh McKenna Cup game switched from Healy Park Omagh to the Athletic Grounds in Armagh tonight due to waterlogged pitch-again showing the shambles that is what is supposed to be our county ground.

Anyone in Belfast/Lisburn direction fancy a run down to see the unveiling of the red shorts?

Healy park must be one of the worst pitches going any sign of rain and all and games called off or moved due to fears it be waterlogged l

We had as much rain here and game going ahead in ballybofey

It's a joke, don't even think there was an awful lot of rain down home either. Roisin Jordan was on about building a stand alone stadium for Tyrone before she got ousted. Something has to be done though, this is on top of 2 Club championship games having to go to Armagh last year too
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 2:45pm
I'm guessing they made a mess of the drainage system when the pitch was laid.
Was there talk of building another terrace/seating there? Be a better move to use some of that cash to replace the pitch. 600K would sort that out.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Was there talk of building another terrace/seating there? Be a better move to use some of that cash to replace the pitch. 600K would sort that out.

First I have heard of it. Omagh St Enda's are the owners of the ground and play all of their club games and train there which probably doesn't help things either. But your right about the draining-long overdue

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 3:13pm

First I have heard of it. Omagh St Enda's are the owners of the ground and play all of their club games and train there which probably doesn't help things either. But your right about the draining-long overdue

I could be wrong but have a feeling there was talk of it recently. Main thing is to sort out the playing surface no point losing gate receipts.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm

I could be wrong but have a feeling there was talk of it recently. Main thing is to sort out the playing surface no point losing gate receipts.

You boys know all about that in the Hyde up until recently Wink
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

You boys know all about that in the Hyde up until recently Wink

Sure do. That was a disgrace towards the end.No choice but to dig it up and start from scratch.

The playing surface is a match for any county ground now, we just need to fix the numerous other problems
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 3:53pm
Will be down there for the FBD game, will be my first time there since the pitch has been done up.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
Nathan Mullins of st Vincent's starting midfield for Donegal tonight
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 7:55pm

That's Brian's cub isn't it?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:00pm
It is
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:22pm
Dublin 1-04 Offaly 0-04 20mins gone
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:59pm
Scoil ui Chonaill provide the goalie for the Dubs footballers tonight. When did they last have someone on the senior panel ? Robbie Kelleher ?
Used to play for them when in school.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:05pm
Antrim are playing Tyrone. Well. Tyrone are playing. Antrim are understood to be in attendance.
@AntrimMan85
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:21pm

That bad AM ?

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:33pm
Down 4:19 to 2:11. A fair bit of the 2-11 after Tyrone 20 ahead and couldnt be arsed any more.
@AntrimMan85
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 12:04am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Down 4:19 to 2:11. A fair bit of the 2-11 after Tyrone 20 ahead and couldnt be arsed any more.

Holy Ghost CJ mcgourty has fairly enjoyed Christmas-wile barrell on him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 12:08am
Easy nights work for Donegal too winning 2:15 to 0:06. Truth be told wasn't much of a test for the young Donegal side but fee players showed they hitting the ground running and be looking for their place in the side come league and championship

Away to monaghan on Sunday should be a tougher test before we give Rory Gallagher a "friendly" welcome back to ballybofey next Wednesday night when he visits with his fermanagh side
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 12:10am

That's Brian's cub isn't it?

It is indeed he was actually born in Donegal when Brian was a teacher up here. Played for both us and dublin at u21 level
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 85>
  Share Topic