You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 85>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:11pm
maybe the counties with a large amount of clubs, or counties that are well off for sponsors would forego the dosh and leave it to where it’ll do most good.theyre always banging on about the gaa family so maybe they’d like to prove it.Big smile
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:13pm
few € under €3,500 for Monaghan clubs.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:20pm
I know my local club in Tyrone makes about €1k a week on lotto ticket sales, being the main source of income. I think there's probably somewhere in the region of 50 clubs in Tyrone, so 2 grand won't make that much difference.

The money might be better left with the county board, tbh - certainly, 100 grand would make a difference for the inter county senior team more than 2 grand would make a difference to most clubs.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I know my local club in Tyrone makes about €1k a week on lotto ticket sales, being the main source of income. I think there's probably somewhere in the region of 50 clubs in Tyrone, so 2 grand won't make that much difference.

The money might be better left with the county board, tbh - certainly, 100 grand would make a difference for the inter county senior team more than 2 grand would make a difference to most clubs.
48 football clubs then throw in the hurling clubs as well most of whom are actually separate entities. Few handball clubs as well on top of that. Is that Dungannon SD? We would struggle to make 100 quid a week from the lotto. We would cry out for 2 grand. Currently paying 5 grand every quarter to purchase land for a training pitch

Edited by bogball88 - 24 Sep 2018 at 10:07pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Bit of a ruckus after the Ballinascreen Greenlough championship game in Derry at the weekend. Video going round of the umpire on his backside and then a supporter comes running on and copes over the ref LOL
If it happened at a LOI game there would TV3 documentaries galore.
As much as I love playing and watching gaa the fact that basically a blind eye is turned to these acts of thuggery is really depressing. Lots of Gaels put it down to a bit of passion also
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:34pm
Donaghmore. A grand is a bit generous - it isn't far away though. It's definitely over £800, so it would be coming close to €1,000.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 11:03pm

Donaghmore. A grand is a bit generous - it isn't far away though. It's definitely over £800, so it would be coming close to €1,000.
Some set up in Donaghmore now. Always wondered why they didn’t get championship games
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:08am
Almost 5000 for clubs in Leitrim and fermanagh. That is a huge boost for them. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:38am
None of JPs money going to the London County Board by the looks of it - Given that London will still be fielding in both the football and hurling championships next year, I look forward to Colm Parkinson having 27 different shows to highlight this unfair balance within the GAA !
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:10am

Nail on the head, jaysus lads ye can be very naive on this thread do you think for one minute the 32 county boards are going to distribute €100,000 among the clubs not a snowballs chance in hell they will do everything within their power to hold onto this moneyThumbs Up
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Bit of a ruckus after the Ballinascreen Greenlough championship game in Derry at the weekend. Video going round of the umpire on his backside and then a supporter comes running on and copes over the ref LOL
If it happened at a LOI game there would TV3 documentaries galore.
As much as I love playing and watching gaa the fact that basically a blind eye is turned to these acts of thuggery is really depressing. Lots of Gaels put it down to a bit of passion also
A blind eye? Sure it is encouraged and merely part of the all-consuming passion. Sure doesn't the term Gael mean 'wild man'? 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

How many clubs have Cork? 100 grand mightn't stretch too far there

260 so about 384 Euro each LOL

Better than a kick in the bollox all the same but still wouldn't go too far in comparison to what clubs in the likes of Leitrim will be able to do with their share
24 in Leitrim, 21 in Fermanagh

Over 4k each Shocked

That will go a long way with those clubs 

Its a great gesture from JP.

4k even for a club in Leitrim will make very little difference, there wont be any noticeable impact.

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Better than a kick in the bollox all the same but still wouldn't go too far in comparison to what clubs in the likes of Leitrim will be able to do with their share

Over 4k each Shocked

4k even for a club in Leitrim will make very little difference, there wont be any noticeable impact.

Send it up here here, our club would bite your hand off for 4 grand
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:01pm
All jokes aside, and who am I to tell the likes of JP where to send his money, but if JP finds any more loose change behind the couch, one all weather GAA pitch in London would make such a massive difference. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:03pm

Over 4k each Shocked

Send it up here here, our club would bite your hand off for 4 grand

Genuinely ?

4K outta the blue is nice but it wont go too far.

As useless as Ros CB is probably better off letting them have the 100K to use on helping Hyde upgrade.Give the clubs some concession on their contribution's this year instead.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:08pm
Talking of Roscommon GAA,there is a raffle in December to win a house in Ashtown D15.

€100 for a ticket and the house is valued at €425K.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 3:48pm

Over 4k each Shocked

€4,000 is a lot of money towards the likes of cones/bibs/footballs etc for the new 2019 season.

Seeing as O'Neills footballs retail at €50 a pop. 

Speaking from managing a junior soccer team, if you put the value of cones/resistance bands/foam rollers/training balls/match balls/bibs etc together for us starting off this summer you're talking €500/€600 or so. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 6:31pm
Anybody who says a couple of grand wont help in a GAA club needs to get involved more. Transport costs for teams, especially rural teams, can be astronomical.

"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 85>
  Share Topic