You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 85>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 10:10pm
Good win for Kildare and it was fully deserved. 
They stood up for themselves and got the home game and I do think it made a difference. 

Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:03am
Great win for Kildare. Just goes to show how big an advantage playing  at home is.

Edited by Jerryfromkerry - 01 Jul 2018 at 12:04am
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

To answer your question no..

Was near enough 50/50 from what I could see.Dnt know what all the fuss about tickets was about. .looked about 75% full.

Fair play to kildare...they were slightly better on the day and their supporters are sound.

I hope they get to the super 8s and play again in Newbridge ....old style but decent ground.
Cheers. Good to see they werent badly outnumbered after the week they had.
The GAA reduced the capacity for health and safety...they say anyway.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

To answer your question no..

Was near enough 50/50 from what I could see.Dnt know what all the fuss about tickets was about. .looked about 75% full.

Fair play to kildare...they were slightly better on the day and their supporters are sound.

I hope they get to the super 8s and play again in Newbridge ....old style but decent ground.
Cheers. Good to see they werent badly outnumbered after the week they had.
The GAA reduced the capacity for health and safety...they say anyway.
Yeah Newbridge was nailed in the Slatttery report. I think it used to have 18k capacity. 

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 9:36am

only caught the last few mins, fair play to Kildare. Were the home fans as badly outnumbered as predicted by the Mayo faithful on here?

Mayo lads finding it hard to give away tickets in two pubs I was in .Kildare lads gladly took them off their hands 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 9:59am
End of the road. Tough to take but we are staring a transition in the face right now. Terrific 7 years

U20s in the semi final in two weeks now to conclude our summer football. Hopefully a win and a good crack at national honours

Well done Kildare 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 10:13am
A lot of dead wood in that Mayo team. When you look have to bring Donal Vaughan onto the field to swing the momentum your favour, then something is badly wrong.

Mayo will be back again next year. Their same failing of shooting came back to haunt them today. I watched the last 20 minutes and counted at least 5 terrible wides.

Diarmuid O'Connor was marvellous. A far more inspirational performer than his brother (which wouldn't be hard) and will be a mainstay of that team going forward. On the other side, Daniel Flynn was superb for Kildare, a real presence in the full forward line and well able to take a score.

The odds were stacked against Kildare all week, it's a galvanising result for them and another sign that home advantage counts. f**k these extra games in Croke Park for the Super 8's
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 10:43am
Mayo have a good 17/18  players but after that it goes down hill quickly .When they're forced ro use the bench the quality just isn't there.

End of the road for Rochford, 3 years no Connacht win and an early exit this year I'd expect him to go.

I wouldn't be surprised to see McStay in next season.

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 8:24am
Word is our game against dublin could be fixed for saturdsy 14th july at 7pm in croke park. Gaa have made a mistake fixing a game on the sundsy at same time as world cup final so hope with this been ssturdsy will boost attendance

*nothing confirmed until 9th july just what ive heard 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 8:26am
I think Galway and Kerry are due to play that day too
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 8:48am
Round 4 of the gaa qualifiers is as follows

Fermanagh vs kildare
Laois vs monaghan 
Cork vs tyrone
Roscommon vs Armagh 

Cork/tyrone and roscommon/armagh to join us and dublin in group 1 with the other 2 joining kerry and Galway in group 2. Potentially a northwest derby on bank holiday weekend in Ballybofey 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 8:49am
Round 4 qualifiers

Fermanagh - Kildare
Cork - Tyrone
Laois - Monaghan
Armagh - Rossies

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 9:14am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Word is our game against dublin could be fixed for saturdsy 14th july at 7pm in croke park. Gaa have made a mistake fixing a game on the sundsy at same time as world cup final so hope with this been ssturdsy will boost attendance

*nothing confirmed until 9th july just what ive heard 

Really Hope it's the Saturday night 

Only way they could avoid a clash with the WC final on the Sunday is a 12pm and 2pm throw in.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Jul 2018 at 9:14am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 9:14am
So using some predictions, the Super 8's will be....

Group A
Kerry
Galway
Fermanagh
Monaghan

Group B
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Roscommon

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Group A
Kerry
Galway
Fermanagh  Kildare
Monaghan

Group B
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Roscommon

Fixed that for youThumbs Up

Brilliant result on Saturday night and well deserved too. Like was said above, showed why it was worth fighting for home advantage and all the talk about being hugely outnumbered was wide of the mark. GAA confirmed on the radio this morning that IF the Super 8's are made then the home game will be in Newbridge, Fermanagh will be tough though.

Just on the ground, think the H&S have gone way overboard with the attendance restrictions. Was disappointing to see so much space with so many still looking for tickets, could easily have fit more in and still had the ground "safe"
Some people just deserve a slap
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Just on the ground, think the H&S have gone way overboard with the attendance restrictions. Was disappointing to see so much space with so many still looking for tickets, could easily have fit more in and still had the ground "safe"
What was the H&S concern? Usually these things aren't about actual space on the terraces but something like not enough emergency exits or toilets.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Group A
Kerry
Galway
Fermanagh  Kildare
Monaghan

Group B
Dublin
Donegal
Tyrone
Roscommon

Fixed that for youThumbs Up

Brilliant result on Saturday night and well deserved too. Like was said above, showed why it was worth fighting for home advantage and all the talk about being hugely outnumbered was wide of the mark. GAA confirmed on the radio this morning that IF the Super 8's are made then the home game will be in Newbridge, Fermanagh will be tough though.

It could have taken another 5,000 with no problems whatsoever. Ridiculous restrictions.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 11:38am
Agreed. There's no issues whatsoever with the ground apart from its small. The terraces are grand, there's toilets - I've been in a lot worse grounds. Maybe its something they can look at if we make the Super 8's
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 85>
  Share Topic