You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Young Talent Emerging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Dubs are Brits, so the confusion is understandable.

Eh 1. Yous f**kers didn't lift a finger during the rising.
2. Your fella signed the treaty that partitioned the island

1,200 Volunteers got together in Cork and were going up to Dublin but didn't in the end after receiving nine contradictory orders from Dublin

A lot of the fighting in the War of Independence took place in Cork, with the city being burnt down by the British

And yet they still flew the Jack from city hall last year

If you're referring to the flying of the flag after the Manchester terrorist attack, while I didn't agree with the flying of the flag, it was done as a mark of respect.
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Sponsored Links

Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I could choose to put on a Russian accent (which I happen to do pretty well) but I don't think I could keep it up full time! Foreign footballers who move to England don't suddenly start sounding english, though they may develop a kind of hybrid accent after a few years but more so if english isn't their first language. You speak by default according to where you were brought up not by consciously deciding to pick an accent, unless you are some kind of method actor playing a role.
Why can't our plastics have the decency to fake a Dublin or Cork accent then when they are doing their interviews for RTE then, show us where their heart is?

You clearly don't understand how accent works/develops then. If it was a "default setting" then everyone in the world would speak with exactly the same accent as it would never have changed since the dawn of time. Accent is subject to cultural influence and personal choice. Irish-Nigerians represent a cultural "sub-group" and many have therefore developed their own accent, much like Irish-Americans, Italian-Americans etc. developed their own distinctive accents in the various cities they moved too. I'd suggest the reason some Irish-Nigerians speak with a London-twang is due to the influence of London Grime culture which they consciously choose to emulate, much like many young people in Ireland choose to emulate an Americanised accent by virtue of the cultural content they've been exposed to. I don't know whether Obamfemi did grow up in England or not, he may well have, but the mere fact he speaks with a London-sounding accent isn't proof that he did.
Thanks but I think I'll make my judgements based on logic and my observations and experience of every other person whose grown up in one country then moved to another one. Irish Nigerians aren't some kind of Ali G subculture that fake an accent that bears no relevance to their upbringing or family origins. How many have you met?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 5:56pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 6:58pm
Its nice to see he's having a steady rise and the fact there's not massive expectations heaped on him to play 90 minutes week in week out in a pressure cooker environment. 

If he continues to get game time on a fairly regular basis then it would be nice to see him getting a call up for our next international game, along with a few others. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
d-mac View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 12:42pm
Kieran O'Hara just signed a new contract today.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 6:45pm
Josh Barret on loan at Coventry for the rest of the season from Reading. Still just 19
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 2:07pm
Anyone know much about Nathan Tormey? He's in Arsenal's U-23 squad and has apparently represented us at U-16 level. Oko-Flex and Jordan McEneff are the other Irish interests at Arsenal, but they're still in the younger age groups.
We're decent enough..
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 2:11pm

Anyone know much about Nathan Tormey? He's in Arsenal's U-23 squad and has apparently represented us at U-16 level. Oko-Flex and Jordan McEneff are the other Irish interests at Arsenal, but they're still in the younger age groups.

Looks like he had a big injury this year, so he’s been out for 6 months. Born in England by the looks of things
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 12:34pm
Video profile on Ryan Patrick Nolan at Inter Milan: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ra8r0QsEJXo
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Video profile on Ryan Patrick Nolan at Inter Milan: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ra8r0QsEJXo
From Shannon, Captain of Inter Milan U19s but struggling to get into the underage setup here ffs LOL
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 4:44pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

From Shannon, Captain of Inter Milan U19s but struggling to get into the underage setup here ffs LOL

There's something absolutely stink about our underage setup when Inter Milan's U19 captain barely gets a look in. 
The only way is up
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 9:28pm
Who said he was captain??
Looking at their under-19 Europa league games he wasn't captaining them anyway.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Who said he was captain??
Looking at their under-19 Europa league games he wasn't captaining them anyway.
Was told by members of his family he has captained a lot of games for them this season.
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 2:20pm
Conor Shaughnessy starts again for Leeds today.

Jack Doyle-Hayes on bench for Villa.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:47pm
18-year-old defender Canice Carroll started, and scored for Oxford United today. Played for our u17’s in 2015.

We’ve plenty of defensive minded players coming through, why can’t we just unearth an attacker?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:56pm
There's any amount of young attacking talent coming through at the moment? Our U-17/18 crop is one of the best we've had in a long while.
We're decent enough..
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 8:28pm

There's any amount of young attacking talent coming through at the moment? Our U-17/18 crop is one of the best we've had in a long while.

Not so sure. We’ve plenty of young defensive minded lads playing League 1, Championship football.

There’s no real attacking talent playing first team football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
  Share Topic