You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Tickets sorted for first 3 Ireland matches and potential fourth.  Money gone from account.  Happy with that.  Won't have to be pissing about with the resale portal anyway. 

Hopefully we qualify now Smile

Congrats.  One thing and you may know this and be happy with the situation but your Rof16 ticket(s) are most likely also confirmed if we qualify. 

If we lose to Denmark you get a full refund less charges etc.  If we win then you are guaranteed our group stage tickets but you also get tickets for a round of 16 game.  This is ours if we come out of the group but if we exit in the first phase you get to see our group winners.

This is different to Euro2016 when I and many others had conditional Irish tickets all the way to the final.  However after we lost to France our tickets ended and we got a refund for the QF,SF and Final. These types of tickets should be available again from the FAI should we qualify.  

Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 1:17pm
Yup, exactly.

That's why I only went with TST3.

However, if we qualify, you will be able to buy "conditional" tickets for knockout games, following the draw, for Ireland games. Like Euro 2016, they only apply if Ireland make it, and the FAI will decide who gets them.

I have no great desire to travel halfway across Russia to see Panama v Japan in the last sixteen.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yup, exactly.

That's why I only went with TST3.

However, if we qualify, you will be able to buy "conditional" tickets for knockout games, following the draw, for Ireland games. Like Euro 2016, they only apply if Ireland make it, and the FAI will decide who gets them.

I have no great desire to travel halfway across Russia to see Panama v Japan in the last sixteen.

That's the weak point. 

Will happily attend a round of 16 match as a neutral if we don't get out of the group. 

Will be unable to stay in Russia for the whole tournament anyway regardless of what happens. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:51pm
The point is, there's no way those will be oversubscribed.

I'll be applying for a heap of conditional tickets off the FAI for knockout games only. Be grand.

I also assume TSTs direct from FIFA for Ireland games will be in among the Ireland fans. Would be mad if they weren't.
pintortwo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pintortwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:51pm
The TST tickets in 2002 were grouped with other Irish fans, and it WAS grand.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:21am

The point is, there's no way those will be oversubscribed.

I'll be applying for a heap of conditional tickets off the FAI for knockout games only. Be grand.

I also assume TSTs direct from FIFA for Ireland games will be in among the Ireland fans. Would be mad if they weren't.

yes normally in the blocks beside the FAI allocation.   
StayPuft View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StayPuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:59pm
I got a confirmation email today. I applied for one ticket (cat 3) for two games at the end of June both in Moscow a day apart.

If Ireland make it, hopefully I'll be able to offload them if I need to.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:11pm

Just got the above from FIFA. Word of warning: it went into my spam emails. Dunno why I checked them at all but I did and there it was.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:37pm
500 usd for a ticket - jesus wept Disapprove
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:40pm
Each ticket basically includes trains to and from the match city from Moscow - so two nights accommodation.

You may as well call that figure of 500 usd as tickets for three group matches, all ground transport in Russia and six nights accommodation. Put like that, it's a perfectly good price.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:05pm

Each ticket basically includes trains to and from the match city from Moscow - so two nights accommodation.

You may as well call that figure of 500 usd as tickets for three group matches, all ground transport in Russia and six nights accommodation. Put like that, it's a perfectly good price.

That's grand if you want to travel by train, and if once upon the train you're ok with travelling in 3rd class. If the train is not suitable then the tickets become extremely expensive.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 10:25pm
Not sure if it's third class or not. I suppose an odd night in third class isn't the worst, but I wouldn't really want two nights in a row on it. It might be second class.

And anyway, even if it is third class, once there's a few people in the group, it'll not be so bad.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 30 Oct 2017 at 10:25pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:40pm

Not sure if it's third class or not. I suppose an odd night in third class isn't the worst, but I wouldn't really want two nights in a row on it. It might be second class.

And anyway, even if it is third class, once there's a few people in the group, it'll not be so bad.

I think I read somewhere that the train travel on the match tickets is in 3rd class although I stand to be corrected on that.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:45pm

Do they gave sleeper cars in 3rd class
I know nothing :-)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

They have sleeper cars but unlike 1st and 2nd class which contain compartments within them which hold 2 and 4 people respectively, there are no individual compartments in the 3rd class carriages.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

They have sleeper cars but unlike 1st and 2nd class which contain compartments within them which hold 2 and 4 people respectively, there are no individual compartments in the 3rd class carriages.

This is unusual territory for you, researching stuff & the like LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 12:37am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

This is unusual territory for you, researching stuff & the like LOL

G'wan outta that. You're just annoyed that I haven't put up any info on how to get from town to town by Massey Ferguson!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 1:09am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

1st - two beds per compartment, proper bed linen, locking doors - basically like a reasonable hotel
2nd - four beds per compartment, proper bed linen, locking doors - like a budget hotel
3rd - open plan bunks, no proper bed linen, no locking doors - like a hostel dorm on wheels

If it is third class, I'm not so sure I'll be using it a lot.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 31 Oct 2017 at 1:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
  Share Topic