You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

43% drop in ticket applications compared to the last world cup just been confirmed by fifa

Not surprising having just looked at those Ticket prices.. over 100 us dollars for the cheapest ticket..
Fleecing fans.

I doubt many locals would have that kind of spare money

There is a separate local sale where the tickets have been offered at a lot cheaper prices.
Obviously, none of the locals will be buying those tickets at low prices in order to sell them on at higher prices during the tournament !

Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

43% drop in ticket applications compared to the last world cup just been confirmed by fifa

Not surprising having just looked at those Ticket prices.. over 100 us dollars for the cheapest ticket..
Fleecing fans.

I doubt many locals would have that kind of spare money

There is a separate local sale where the tickets have been offered at a lot cheaper prices.
Obviously, none of the locals will be buying those tickets at low prices in order to sell them on at higher prices during the tournament !

Perish the thought! ShockedLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm

Fleecing fans.

Significant drop in the first phase on Brazil.  However demand is still double that of South Africa in 2010.

Locals can apply for the $20 cat 4 tickets. 

The match tickets include free long distance trains.  They aren't cheap but hardly extortionate.  

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:41pm
'Select' long distance trains GS which I was told would be "dry" trains LOL

Actually had a 5min 'discussion' with few folk involved with the organisation of the tournament that the trains will never be "dry" trains but they were having none of it and my ribs were getting sore from laughing at them insisting they will be.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:05pm
Remember the trains in plenty of instances involve more than one overnight, so they represent a fairly significant saving on accommodation.

The average train time between venues is 24 hours.

And you definitely don't want to be in F3: Nizhny Novgorod, Sochi and Yeketerinburg then possibly St Petersburg in the last 16. It's basically a two day journey from each place to the next.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Remember the trains in plenty of instances involve more than one overnight, so they represent a fairly significant saving on accommodation.

The average train time between venues is 24 hours.

And you definitely don't want to be in F3: Nizhny Novgorod, Sochi and Yeketerinburg then possibly St Petersburg in the last 16. It's basically a two day journey from each place to the next.

I'd bite your hand off right now for F3. It would be amazing to qualify and sorting out the logistics would be a great problem to have. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:34pm
The prices are so high it's not worth taking the chance. If you get stuck with it nobody's gonna buy a €150 ticket off ya.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:20pm
Anyone know if news about tickets is supposed to trickle out, or are we notified mid November?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Anyone know if news about tickets is supposed to trickle out, or are we notified mid November?

The first thing you will see if you get tickets is a pending credit card charge.  Then an actual charge and then 2-3 days later an email.  Best guess is the end of the month for the pending charges.  I'd be surprised if the emails weren't out before the playoffs begin.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:07pm
By 15 November.

Incidentally, if you applied for a category that was green for high availability at the end of the sales phase, then you should get tickets as they weren't oversubscribed. Yellow ones were slightly oversubscribed so you might be okay with them.

I can't see the link to see what demand was like now. I think they've taken it down but I recall the following:

TST 3
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 Med Cat 3 High

TST 4
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 Med Cat 3 Med

TST 5
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 Low Cat 3 ???

TST 6
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 Low Cat 3 Low

TST 7
Cat 1 Low Cat 2 ??? Cat 3 ???
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:35pm
Oh wow didn't know that green meant that the supply was larger than the demand
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 1:48pm
Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
clareob View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clareob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:01pm
  I just received this email. I thought that they would have waited until playoff, considering I applied for Team Specific Tickets

This email is to inform you that starting on the 26th October 2017 the FIFA World Cup Ticketing Centre (“FWCTC”) will be attempting to take payment for the Tickets, which are allocated during the Random Selection Draw process. 

In accordance with the Ticket Sales Regulations, the FWCTC will conduct, or has already conducted, the Random Selection Draw process for the Ticket Applications with Tickets that were over-subscribed. If Tickets are allocated to you, the FWCTC will try to take payment for those Tickets without prior notification.We strongly recommend that you notify your bank of the possible transaction, ensure that your payment card is valid and enabled for online transactions. Please also ensure that the payment card is not restricted by 3D secure requirements and that sufficient funds are available within your payment card limit.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 9:05pm
I think tickets will be the least of our worries TBH
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
World Cup tickets seem to be secured!Smile Monies taken from my account overnight.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:36pm
€1,854.97 taken from my account.

Visa Europe says $2,180 = €1,854.97 yesterday.

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

€1,854.97 taken from my account.

Visa Europe says $2,180 = €1,854.97 yesterday.

$2,180 = 4 x Cat2 TST3.

Superb.

What games? 545 a ticket? Shocked
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
All we need to do now is qualify.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic