You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

I seem to have had €340 taken out of my account yesterday would indicate 4 x Cat 4 tickets to 1 of the 5 games we had applied for. I presume it is for the Uruguay v Saudi game.

Anyone else have money taken? I wonder is that it all done for this phase now.
I hope not! No pending transactions on my credit card atm. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I seem to have had €340 taken out of my account yesterday would indicate 4 x Cat 4 tickets to 1 of the 5 games we had applied for. I presume it is for the Uruguay v Saudi game.

If I remember correctly from the euros didn't people get charged on different days rather then all at the same time? Or maybe it was certain credit cards took longer to make the transaction.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

If I remember correctly from the euros didn't people get charged on different days rather then all at the same time? Or maybe it was certain credit cards took longer to make the transaction.
Yeah, payments were collected in phases iirc.  Can't remember what the story was with CCs though.

Hope you're right all the same.  Really don't want to have to take my chances on 'The Portal'.  Especially when both games I applied for involve Argentina and Brazil so demand there is bound to be huge. Dead
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 2:27pm

Yeah, payments were collected in phases iirc.  Can't remember what the story was with CCs though.

Hope you're right all the same.  Really don't want to have to take my chances on 'The Portal'.  Especially when both games I applied for involve Argentina and Brazil so demand there is bound to be huge. Dead

Following on other forums and not looking good if you don't have a pending charge in the general public sale by now.  Some countries still getting charges today possibly in their national federation sales.  

I think there will still be tickets in the FCFS sales.  However Brazil and Argentina will be amongst the highest demand.  Both play in the smaller Moscow stadium and in St. Petersburg.  

I still reckon I'll get what I need without having to spend huge amounts of time on the portal.  
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Following on other forums and not looking good if you don't have a pending charge in the general public sale by now.  Some countries still getting charges today possibly in their national federation sales.  

I think there will still be tickets in the FCFS sales.  However Brazil and Argentina will be amongst the highest demand.  Both play in the smaller Moscow stadium and in St. Petersburg.  

I still reckon I'll get what I need without having to spend huge amounts of time on the portal.  
Still nothing pending on my CC so resigning myself now to the fact that I haven't been successful. Cry

The portal it'll have to be then by the looks of it.  I know I managed to get 2 tickets off the Euro 2016 portal (including a high-demand match between Germany and Poland) but not sure if I'll be so lucky again this time, especially, as you say, demand is probably going to be huge for Brazil and Argentina.

And I don't even have the safety net of those John Delaney arse-pocket tickets to fall back on this time either. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 3:35pm

All Irish fans were charged on the same day: however, it took about a week before everyone was charged. Like they allocated tickets for fans of about three or four countries every day. It was different to the way this has been done, anyway.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

All Irish fans were charged on the same day: however, it took about a week before everyone was charged. Like they allocated tickets for fans of about three or four countries every day. It was different to the way this has been done, anyway.

Yeah I remember that now. I wouldn't worry too much until they've changed your application from pending and still no charge.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 5:39am
Is there anyway to know if there's something wrong on your end with your card? On the website it says pending. Will it change from pending if you're successful even before payment is made or only after?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:42am

Is there anyway to know if there's something wrong on your end with your card? On the website it says pending. Will it change from pending if you're successful even before payment is made or only after?
Think I remember seeing on this thread (or a similar one) during last autumn's sales phase where someone on here got an e-mail from FIFA saying they couldn't collect the payment but were going to try again in a week or so.  I know UEFA certainly didn't do that for Euro 2016 tickets - if the payment didn't go through (for whatever reason), it was Goodnight Vienna and the application went from 'Pending' to 'Unsuccessful'.

Interestingly, my application is still 'Pending' on my FIFA account but still no pending transactions on my credit card account....
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:51am
The transaction appeared on my bank statement yesterday. The value was for $420 from FIFA World Cup.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:03am

For what it is worth mine is still showing as pending even though payment is already gone. 

My understanding is that the application status is only updated when the emails go out. 

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:38am

My pending charge just went to a confirmed charge this morning.  

If you ring your bank they can tell you if there were any charges declined for any reason.  Our banks are pretty good.  Chase in the U.S. seem to be a disaster rejecting loads.  If it is a pending credit card charge then it will almost certainly become a real one within a couple of days.  

Now your ticket account takes longer to update.  They check to see if they can take money from your card (pending charge).  They take the money (actual charge).  Once they are sure they have your money then they send you an email indicating what tickets you have and update your account status.  Normally the email arrives approx 5 days after a pending charge.     

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:31am
My application has just updated from 'pending' to 'partially successful'. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Does it tell you which tickets you got?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:59pm

Yeah, it lists all matches applied for and each outcome. Only got tickets for 2 matches but it's a start.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:02pm

Yeah, it lists all matches applied for and each outcome. Only got tickets for 2 matches but it's a start.

How many did you go for?
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:03pm
Got the 4 x Cat 3's for the Uruguay v Saudi game in Rostov as expected. The portal awaits!

Can at least apply for the fan ID now once the email confirmation arrives.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:14pm

How many did you go for?

Applied for 7 assuming I would only get 2 or 3 at best. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic