You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:47pm
Bit early for the ticket panicking for Russia . I very much doubt there will be many games sold out
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

gary when you say cheap flights to moscow, what price are you talking? 100 euro

Just over 300 euro return from Dublin or as cheap as 150 ex Brussels.  That is cheap considering the distances involved.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

So once you apply for the tickets you have to put the passport numbers of you and your friends who are going with you in.

Does this exclude me applying for tickets and entering my girlfriend as the one who will go with me and then her doing the same thing? Do they run a search by passport number and exclude duplicates? 

Yes they will definitely check for duplicate passport numbers.  

Of course you could apply with a different guest.  She could also apply with a different guest and you could still bring each other to the games. However you need a ticket in your own name from FIFA to get a Fan ID.

You will need a valid Fan ID to get into the country and to attend games.  For the Confederations Cup the Fan ID did not need to match the name on the ticket according to an Irish friend of mine and some German ground-hoppers.    

You will be going to Russia for thw World Cup next year, gspain?  Regardless of whether or not Ireland are there?

If I get tickets absolutely. A shame that Ireland might not be there, but still would be a cool experience to attend. The Euros were a blast. 

You should be able to get tickets in this phase.  Pick a schedule that suits you and target a few games.  You could double your chances if you and your girlfriend apply separately.  It should be possible to sell unwanted tickets back to FIFA.  

It could be the easiest and cheapest World Cup to attend for many years.  Great value hotels available in most places on free cancellation.  Cheap flights to Russia although internal flights still not sorted out.  

Can we apply separately? Or will FIFA run a search on passport numbers and see that we've each applied for more than 7 matches (the 7 I apply for with her passport number as my guest and the 7 she applies for with my passport as the guest).

They do check for duplicate applications.  They will find duplicate passport numbers.  

To put it simply you have 2 options

1) You apply for up to 7 games with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with all her correct details as your guest.  You get 2 Fan IDs from this account.  

OR

2) You apply with all your correct details naming your girlfriend with an incorrect date of birth, incorrect passport id etc.  From a separate computer using a different address and credit card  your girlfriend applies (using all her correct details) naming you with an incorrect DOB and passport id.  You get your Fan ID from your account and she gets hers from her account (so you both provide the correct details to the Russian authorities).  

You could with option 2 apply for more than 7 games or double up on some games.  Many games outside Moscow will be easy enough. You can see the current demand when you apply.  You could wait until after the Wales game or even change after the Wales game.  

Smart - it's the same name so it would match the fan id, but it's a different number and such. Appreciate it.

Edit: Ony question is do they scan the fan id at immigration to make sure this doesn't happen (e.g. If your fan id that corresponds to the tickets wasn't scanned your ticket won't work at the gate).

They will check your Fan ID at immigration with your passport.  Those details must match.  

FIFA have no access to your passport details.  It doesn't really matter what you tell them.  

For the Confederations Cup they apparently scanned your Fan ID and then in a separate process scanned your ticket.  
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:20am
Anyone still going to be making an application by the deadline (later today)? Or do we just take the chance on faiL tickets should they qualify through the play off?
CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:50am
Applied for 2 'follow my team' packs yesterday eve. Does anyone know do they process the payment straight away or how does it work? Used a Visa Debit card so not sure will that cause an issue.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by CatalanCelt1 CatalanCelt1 wrote:

Applied for 2 'follow my team' packs yesterday eve. Does anyone know do they process the payment straight away or how does it work? Used a Visa Debit card so not sure will that cause an issue.

I work for a bank, let me know your bank account number, the card number, CCV code and expiry date and name on the card and i'll check for you

Edited by lassassinblanc - 12 Oct 2017 at 10:57am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:28am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:35pm
So it looks like the majority held off on this stage of the application process? I had concerns about not being in with the main bulk of Irish if I got allocated random seats through the current stage. Would prefer to do it though the FAI presuming there'll be an avenue for that after a successful playoff.

Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:39pm
I'll only be able to make it away for a maximum of one game if we qualify. No point in me applying now, I'll hold off for the FAI allocation.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
DoYouKnowAnto View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoYouKnowAnto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I'll only be able to make it away for a maximum of one game if we qualify. No point in me applying now, I'll hold off for the FAI allocation.

In the same boat myself
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

So it looks like the majority held off on this stage of the application process? I had concerns about not being in with the main bulk of Irish if I got allocated random seats through the current stage. Would prefer to do it though the FAI presuming there'll be an avenue for that after a successful playoff.

really cant see an issue with tickets
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

really cant see an issue with tickets

+1

I would be shocked if there was a struggle for Irish tickets (if we get there of course) unless we're playing somebody like England
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
43% drop in ticket applications compared to the last world cup just been confirmed by fifa
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 2:19pm
And 70% of that is from Russia itself nobody wants to go it seems
SectionFandG View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SectionFandG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm

Not that it affects anyone around here, but they've got a separate obese person ticket price category
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:38pm
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=10/news=2018-fifa-world-cup-russiatm-3-496-204-tickets-requested-as-the-first--2913903.html

Guessing Moscow / St. Petersburg games will be difficult to get, but that the others in Eastern Russia will be a tad easier...
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

43% drop in ticket applications compared to the last world cup just been confirmed by fifa

Not surprising having just looked at those Ticket prices.. over 100 us dollars for the cheapest ticket..
Fleecing fans.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Not surprising having just looked at those Ticket prices.. over 100 us dollars for the cheapest ticket..
Fleecing fans.

I doubt many locals would have that kind of spare money
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic