You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Got a serious injury on Sunday. Loan cancelled. Shame.

Where is this being reported?
Sponsored Links

TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 9:29pm
Southampton journalist for The Athletic.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Reports he going to Swansea on loan

This lad is going to keep sliding down the divisions in England. Nowhere never good enough 

When you think of the outrage from some on here when SK didn't have him in his first squad LOL

I think you're being a bit unfair there mind, Obafemi played 20+ times in the PL last season and wasn't completely out of the Southampton first team picture coming into this season.

Not being unfair in any way. Has happened to slot of players who’ve played a few premier league matches.

I never liked the look of him, never saw anything in him (in the small bit I saw him play) - wasn’t surprised Kenny didn’t have him involved at the time 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

ffs. When it rains it pours. 

Our players are fooking cursed. Sick

So Parrott, Obafemi and Connolly are injury prone and Idah is on the verge of coming back after 2 months out. Sean Maguire was on fire at Preston before a succession of hamstring injuries severely hampered his development. And I'm pretty sure Ryan Cassidy missed approximately a year of action with a serious injury when he was at Watford.

That's every one of our promising young strikers.

You almost have to laugh at how absurd it is.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 10:08pm

Any idea for how long he will be out for?

Edited by aviva8 - 04 Jan 2021 at 10:09pm
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Any idea for how long he will be out for?
2-3 months, from reading between lines.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:22pm
Has returned to training.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Has returned to training.

He’s a talented little player but injuries seem to be a huge problem for him. Southampton get a lot of them in general the way the play etc high intensity I imagine maps to the way they train.

May be no harm to get a loan move next year. Would be keen to see would Swansea reinvest their interest in him?
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:35am
Took his rehab seriously apparently. Maybe the penny has dropped

Could really have done with him in the last window so hope he builds and keeps momentum

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 6:20am
I don't think Kenny would have picked him anyway. He doesn't seem to rate him at all.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I don't think Kenny would have picked him anyway. He doesn't seem to rate him at all.
Yeah has to have a spell in the League of Ireland to get a look in under the new regime 
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:00am
Played 45 mins for the B team on Sunday, losing 5-0
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yeah has to have a spell in the League of Ireland to get a look in under the new regime 
DeadDead
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:50am
I don't think Kenny is in a position to refuse anyone who plays for a Premier League club game time at the minute such are his options
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:20am
He hasn't played in a long time though, so he's not exactly been overlooked.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:57am
Was in response to the above that Kenny wouldn't play him anyway as he doesn't rate him
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:06pm
I think next season will be massive for obafemi, if he can get himself a loan move to the championship or equivalent I think he could get a run of games and find form.

exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was in response to the above that Kenny wouldn't play him anyway as he doesn't rate him

His club manager has repeatedly and publicly questioned his attitude.  He has played 13 minutes of premier league football this season, but yes, Kenny should have started him every game.

Hopefully the penny has now dropped with him, he is a player we need to be performing, and if he is I have no doubt he will be selected by Kenny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 125>
  Share Topic