You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Seen there was talk about him getting a loan move in January. He needs one badly

Not in the squad again today. Long back on the bench. Ings went off injured in the first half and Nathan Tella was brought on to replace him.
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Seen there was talk about him getting a loan move in January. He needs one badly

Not in the squad again today. Long back on the bench. Ings went off injured in the first half and Nathan Tella was brought on to replace him.

Hasenhuttl none too complimentary about his attitude here:

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Hasenhuttl none too complimentary about his attitude here:

He basically says he doesn't have the right mentality and also isn't good enough, not much more you can say really. He does have some strengths to his game to be fair, but there are glaring weaknesses also and he doesn't seem like the type that will put the work in to make the most of the abilities that he does have.

If I was calling it now I'd say he'll find his level at league 1 at best. Maybe lower than that even.
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 8:03pm
honest view given by a good manager...any of us who kicked a ball knows the need to fight for your place.At the elite level there just isn’t space or tolerance for less than 100%....he’s young hopefully he will cop on and work hard....his tweet seems a sign of his attitude tho.....again he’s young hope he gets the head down.

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 8:13pm
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 12:03pm
Move to a solid promotion chasing team would be his best bet, a Bournemouth or something .......hasn't a hope of a Premiership move
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Move to a solid promotion chasing team would be his best bet, a Bournemouth or something .......hasn't a hope of a Premiership move
So he can sit on their bench too? 

He looks nothing more that a fairly average youth player with massive gaps and limitations to his game. Throw a bad attitude into the mix too. He’d be doing well to find a League One club willing to give him time at the moment. I’ve seen far better youth players than him not even manage that. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:48pm
Dare I say he's proven to be a more natural finisher than Parrott, Connolly and maybe Idah based on the evidence so far. 4 goals in 29 appearances, only 9 of which have been starts, with the vast majority of his appearances brief cameos.

He clearly has attitude problems but if he could get his head straight he would be a really big asset for us.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 11:11pm
don’t rate him.  Hope to be proved wrong. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 11:36pm
He signed a contract last year until 2022 and he is on £525,000 a year so he was obviously rated highly enough at the club to be offered that. He'll get every opportunity at Southampton I would think but if it doesn't work out there will be other teams interested.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:15am
What are the attitude problems that people are talking about
Bar a response to not making Kenny's squad I dont recall hearing anything about it
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Bar a response to not making Kenny's squad I dont recall hearing anything about it

His club manager has commented about his attitude multiple times in the media, most linked in this thread.  Its why he has been dropped from the squad.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 11:00am
Missed the link! Cheers!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

His club manager has commented about his attitude multiple times in the media, most linked in this thread.  Its why he has been dropped from the squad.

Am I missing something? I can only see comments that that he's not working as hard in training that's not an attitude problem

It would damage this forums' reputation
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Am I missing something? I can only see comments that that he's not working as hard in training that's not an attitude problem

eh, not working hard in training is an attitude problem...his manager has questioned his professionalism in the past as well, as damning as you can get about a pro footballers attitude.  The face the manager has criticized him multiple times in the media tells it's own story.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 3:42pm
maybe hassenhutel just does not like him for whatever reason , just because one person saying a thing does not mean it is so
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 3:46pm
Very frustrating as unlike most here I think he has potential. Chelsea on Stephens Day last year they were getting outplayed and it was a moment of pure quality by Obafemi that turned it on its head a 19yo doesn’t produce moments like that if they have League 1/2 standard ability as has been suggested on here.

I would like to see him get a loan move in January and maybe a move down to a Championship club might spark him up a bit.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

maybe hassenhutel just does not like him for whatever reason , just because one person saying a thing does not mean it is so

Tbf Hassenhutll seems fair and when he’s said it a few times it I wouldn’t think it’s without merit. 

To me something like that tells me that he actually rates Obafemi he wouldn’t go out of his way to make a point if he didn’t think he had ability. 

We all see it ourselves a player not at it who has ability is far more frustrating to us then a player we know hasn’t the most quality anyways.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 125>
  Share Topic