You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 125>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It shows the craziness of football these days. 3 countries (reportedly) "battling" for him, after five minutes of top flight football.
He could just as easily be at Woking in a few years as he will get more than 2 caps

In fairness, i think it's good practice more than craziness. The media say it in a way that implies Southgate, O'Neill and [insert the Nigeria manager, cant be arsed googling] are working night and day to win his affections. There are lads in each FA who have it as their job to watch these guys at underage level and know they have potential, and want to keep or get them on board. It's smart to do so for 100 players even if only 1 amounts to anything, and it's not like they'll be thrown straight in the senior side.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:13pm
He should be called in and made captain and manager.
AKA pedantic kunt
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:24pm

There is absolutely no need for panic here. The lad is currently with us. For better or worse, he will know the score regarding the Ireland set up. If in time, for whatever reason, he chooses to play for another nation that he is eligible to line out for then more power to him. Thems the breaks. That's if he even develops into a full senior international quality player at all. 

At the moment, he should be afforded all the same privileges of any other talented underage Irish youngster. 
El Puto Amo
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

There is absolutely no need for panic here. The lad is currently with us. For better or worse, he will know the score regarding the Ireland set up. If in time, for whatever reason, he chooses to play for another nation that he is eligible to line out for then more power to him. Thems the breaks. That's if he even develops into a full senior international quality player at all. 

At the moment, he should be afforded all the same privileges of any other talented underage Irish youngster. 

Feck that PC crap. Get him in the squad and give him 5 minutes as a sub. Cut out all the kind of crap that went with McCarthy playing.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:57pm
I tend to agree with get him in and get him capped. The McCarthy episode as well as Grealish should be learned from
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:57pm

There is no need for panic? Really!? I think MON needs to be organising at least two panics before the Turkey game.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I don't think that's true, he'd qualify under the 5 year residency rule regardless of his parents passport status.

My understanding is the residency period of 5 years begins from 18 years of age. So he would need to wait until he is 23. Do you know of many players who have gone down this route to play international football? Does not seem to be to common.

Anyway looks like idle paper talk to me. as someone else pointed out, no sources, 8 mins of first team football etc
[/QUOTE]

I'm not certain myself, hadn't heard that it started at 18 before but it might. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There is no need for panic? Really!? I think MON needs to be organising at least two panics before the Turkey game.

El Puto Amo
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I have never heard of this player
I have never seen him play

Get him into the next squad NOW
Get him his first cap NOW
Future Ireland captain 
LOL Clap, there will be mass hysteria on here over him
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:08pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

https://guardian.ng/sport/obafemi-commits-senior-international-future-to-nigeria/ Don't wanna cause panic or anything!

There’s a good chance we’ll see him playing in a green jersey in the future.
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:30pm
well best of luck to him, not much of a link to Ireland anyway
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 4:59pm
allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report LOL

If you believe that then good luck
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

well best of luck to him, not much of a link to Ireland anyway

Besides being born here?
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report LOL

If you believe that then good luck

Without playing on stereotypes, that website sounds like something set up by one of those “African experts” that you see commenting on Manchester United’s Facebook posts.
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 5:08pm
If it's true he wants to play for Nigeria good luck to him. As I said before some people get confused on this forum and are unable to tell the difference from club and international football. You have one nationality and only one, the likes of people spouting out names like Noble,Bamford etc is embarrassing, they are English men and fans want them playing for Ireland
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

If it's true he wants to play for Nigeria good luck to him. As I said before some people get confused on this forum and are unable to tell the difference from club and international football. You have one nationality and only one, the likes of people spouting out names like Noble,Bamford etc is embarrassing, they are English men and fans want them playing for Ireland

Well in this instance, the fella is Irish. 
El Puto Amo
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

You should have a look at Deco, Thiago Motta, Diego Costa, Jermaine Jones & Nacer Chadli's careers then if you think that's the case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 125>
  Share Topic