You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Starting to wonder if he's a Burnley signing but maybe not a Kompany one. 

Or he just sees him as a squad player than a regular starter. I know we want him to play but it's a squad game and some get less gametime unfortunately especially when the team is doing really well and before tonight's result were still going for the title.
Sponsored Links

Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:21am
Doesn't bode well for next season if he can't get into the team under these circumstances.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:22am
Burnley have a couple of games left with the title already sealed. I'd be worried if he doesnt see decent game time over those 2 games.

Idah Dream!
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:25am
Am I right in saying he actually only went to Burnley on loan, and that it was due to be made permanent in the summer?
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Luder Luder wrote:

Am I right in saying he actually only went to Burnley on loan, and that it was due to be made permanent in the summer?

yes but read it was agreed it would be made permanent 2 weeks ago
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 10:34am
It was a loan with an obligation to buy if Burnley were promoted. So he's effectively a Burnley player now.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back in the Championship on loan again next season as Burnley will probably strengthen again in the summer. There will be a queue of Championship teams looking for his services if he's available.

Edited by You Tell Me - 26 Apr 2023 at 10:36am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 10:48am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It was a loan with an obligation to buy if Burnley were promoted. So he's effectively a Burnley player now.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back in the Championship on loan again next season as Burnley will probably strengthen again in the summer. There will be a queue of Championship teams looking for his services if he's available.

Could see this being a possibility also. Burnley would have gotten him cheap and wouldn't be surprised if they used him as part of a deal to get better players in as they might do similar with McNally.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 11:37am

When Burnley announced the deal it said they had an option to buy, unless that was worded incorrectly in their announcement 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 11:41am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

When Burnley announced the deal it said they had an option to buy, unless that was worded incorrectly in their announcement 
 Yer he is a Claret 100% the fee was £3 million .

I will repeat this again Foster and Obafemi were brought in to a view to have them fit and ready to go in the Premier League . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 12:26pm

Apparently the way the deal was structured was that the option part only kicked in if they weren't promoted. Once they were promoted it became an obligation.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yer he is a Claret 100% the fee was £3 million .

I will repeat this again Foster and Obafemi were brought in to a view to have them fit and ready to go in the Premier League . 

Cobblers. He wont get fook all gametime in the PL.
I love beer gardens
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 7:08pm
So he will get loads of gametime in the PL?
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 10:22pm
They started Barnes the last two matches since they sealed promotion and he's not staying on after the summer. Foster hasn't done much either and they paid a few bob more for him than they did Obafemi didn't they? If they valued these games and giving Obafemi a run then they'd be doing it in place of Barnes surely. Not sure what all this indicates.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

They started Barnes the last two matches since they sealed promotion and he's not staying on after the summer. Foster hasn't done much either and they paid a few bob more for him than they did Obafemi didn't they? If they valued these games and giving Obafemi a run then they'd be doing it in place of Barnes surely. Not sure what all this indicates.

Yer the Claret paid £10 million for Foster .
Kompany wanted to win the league and Barnes has been outstanding in the last 15 games , he may change things for Saturday but Barnes will play the last game of the season at the Turf as he is very much loved by the fans and they will give him a great send off . 
 You have to earn the right to play and i am sure Kompany knows this you may say . 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 8:20am
What do you think of Kompanys tika taka style Murph. 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 8:28am
I would say he likes it because it's clearly working as they've just won the Championship.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What do you think of Kompanys tika taka style Murph. 

Naff to say the least as if Dyche was at the helm we would have won the league by Christmas . Beer
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 2:52pm
On the bench again today despite having the league wrapped up and multiple changes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 125>
  Share Topic