Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

yes so as I said is there any other players with that body type in elite football?

I think it matters. I look at Troy Parrott and think that’s a perfect body for a footballer. I look at obafemi and think he’s one of a kind.

But at the start I thought he was a shoulder of the last defender type player but there’s a lot more to him than that. He can link it up aswell.

And Parrott has no pace, not many top strikers around like that either.. ..Obafemi certainly does not have a body built for longevity, but I see no reason that his outstanding pace and power would not lead him to be successful in his early to mid 20's.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 12:01am
according to his Futhead rating Parrot’s main attribute is his pace.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 6:45am

LOL
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

LOL
What's source validates your "no pace" call?  Move to Parrott thread if you wish.

My own eyes. Are we seriously going to start using computer game ratings to derive conclusions on players abilities? LOL I mean FFS, that's about the most flimsy use of the word "source" I've ever seen LOLLOL
We're decent enough..
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:45am
Shakiri has the oddest shaped body of any footballer Brian Kerr has ever seen, but that was until he saw Obafemi!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:58am

LOL
What's source validates your "no pace" call?  Move to Parrott thread if you wish.

My own eyes. Are we seriously going to start using computer game ratings to derive conclusions on players abilities? LOL I mean FFS, that's about the most flimsy use of the word "source" I've ever seen LOLLOL
Well if it's good enough for Sky Sports News to use ratings from Football Manager.. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 12:17pm

LOL

Fair enough about Futhead. But you, conversely, tagged him as lacking pace? Does any credible site or source agree with you?  Any revealing Youtube footage, newspaper report, podcast? 

Having watched Parrott on numerous occasions, I have come to the not unbelievable conclusion that he is not fast. We are not talking an Ian Harte/Paul McShane slow coach, but neither are we talking about a player who is notably quick. Think David McGoldrick, not so slow that he's an ineffective footballer, but unlikely to skin anyone either. In sum, completely middle of the road in terms of speed. Hopefully that helps you, feel free to provide "sources" of your own.
We're decent enough..
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:09pm
What games did you see him play in?

Why do you think he is so highly rated if he’s only Mcgoldrick fast?

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:20pm
The only time I've witnessed Parrott run at pace was in the Sweden game when he was chasing a ball over the top for his goal. 

Looked quick to me... not Rashford quick but leaving the defender to struggle quick.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 1:26pm
He seems to have decent pace when he opens his stride. I don’t think he’ll ever be lightening quick, but he doesn’t need to be
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:19pm

LOL

Fair enough about Futhead. But you, conversely, tagged him as lacking pace? Does any credible site or source agree with you?  Any revealing Youtube footage, newspaper report, podcast? 

Having watched Parrott on numerous occasions, I have come to the not unbelievable conclusion that he is not fast. We are not talking an Ian Harte/Paul McShane slow coach, but neither are we talking about a player who is notably quick. Think David McGoldrick, not so slow that he's an ineffective footballer, but unlikely to skin anyone either. In sum, completely middle of the road in terms of speed. Hopefully that helps you, feel free to provide "sources" of your own.
I've no sources because I didn't make a statement either way about Parrott. If you consider him lacking pace then fair enough. I'm inclined to consider Left Foot's assessment more credible. 

He doesn't "lack pace", he just doesn't have an above average amount of it. If you want to believe we've got some sort of infallible specimen on our hands, then fair enough. Personally, I'm happy enough to accept we have an extremely talented footballer on our hands, I don't need to kid myself into believing that he has an abundance of every single attribute on top of that.
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:45pm
oh my f**king god this place is like Twitter with the handbrake on. Shut the f**k up or dm each other 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:30pm
To move back to the topic of this thread: 

Well done to Obafemi last night. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 1:22am
Would Obafemi make the squad as a third striker? Probably competing with Dizdy, Long, Hogan (?), Robinson, McClean, Brady, and Connolly for the forward spots. Maybe Idah too.  
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 3:19am

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Would Obafemi make the squad as a third striker? Probably competing with Dizdy, Long, Hogan (?), Robinson, McClean, Brady, and Connolly for the forward spots. Maybe Idah too.  

Don't forget the slowpoke from Tottenham. 

Until he gets senior appearances on a somewhat regular basis I feel like he won’t be part of the 23 man squad for key qualifiers. Or sprinting lessons from Usain Bolt...
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 8:48am

who ta f**k is dizdy? 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:09am
Obafemi in the squad for me.
How many strikers do we normally pick, 4 or 5?
We'd have Long, McG, Connolly as the first three anyway.
After that would be Obafemi in with McClean (assuming he's a banker pick)

Hogan I'm far from convinced about and has yet to perform for Ireland.
Robinson is getting as many minutes as Idah but a league lower.
Brady is not playing at all.

Idah is a key U21 player and they have big games coming up, so maybe he'll be left there for now assuming he keeps only getting a few minutes here and there for Norwich but you'd think it's a toss up between himself and Obafemi for spot 5 if there is one.

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 3:43pm

i'd have obafemi in the squad along with McGoldrick, Connolly, Long. Maybe room for Robinson or Maguire but i think obafemi should be in
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 125>
  Share Topic