You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 125>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:39pm
We have the advantage over Nigeria in that they have qualified for a WC, and we have not.

They won’t cap him in a competitive game, their next one will be in the WC, while we could call him up to our squads for the friendlies, and play him in the nations league.
Sponsored Links

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

We have the advantage over Nigeria in that they have qualified for a WC, and we have not.

They won’t cap him in a competitive game, their next one will be in the WC, while we could call him up to our squads for the friendlies, and play him in the nations league.

The next round of qualifers for the ACON will be played in March and then in August . Two chances for them before we have a naitons league game if they seriously want him
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:17am
If anything, Nigeria's situation is a hindrance to us. They'll surely have a few friendly games before the world cup in which they'd have a low risk chance to call him up. Seeing as he's already played at U-19 level for us, the mere change of association would be enough to tie him to them.
We're decent enough..
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:33am
It takes 6 months for a player to change. So won't be able to play before world cup
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:43am
Where was he born? how does he qualify for us?
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:46am
If I was martin I bring him in in march
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He's Dublin born and bred.
Danger here, OH NO
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:46am
Dublin
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:52am
Well then lets settle down and stop worrying about him switching to Nigeria, and more ridiculously, stop talking about him being called into the 2018 Nigerian World Cup squad after 5 minutes of first team football.
Bainneban View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bainneban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:24am
He would qualify for three countries if he wanted, England being the third. Hopefully he develops into a good player.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:25am
I'm not sure if that chance was as easy as it first looked - mainly because the ball bounced on the greasy surface just before it got to him. He'll still be disappointed not to have done better but would disagree that it was a 'sitter'. I've watched a couple of his goals for the Southampton under age teams - looks a very good prospect. Quick with a decent finish.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:32am

Well then lets settle down and stop worrying about him switching to Nigeria, and more ridiculously, stop talking about him being called into the 2018 Nigerian World Cup squad after 5 minutes of first team football.

No.

I fully believe he'll captain Nigeria to world cup success, go on to be better than George Weah and we'll be left wondering 'what if' as a 43 year old Robbie Keane comes out of retirement and starts for Ireland.

Edited by AntrimMan - 22 Jan 2018 at 9:33am
@AntrimMan85
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'm not sure if that chance was as easy as it first looked - mainly because the ball bounced on the greasy surface just before it got to him. He'll still be disappointed not to have done better but would disagree that it was a 'sitter'. I've watched a couple of his goals for the Southampton under age teams - looks a very good prospect. Quick with a decent finish.

If he'd went with his left foot, it would have been a simple enough finish. He admitted as much himself after the game. Anyway, I doubt anyone will hold it against him, I'd imagine he was extremely nervous coming on.
We're decent enough..
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Moved over to England at a young age far as I can find out. Beeh over there long enough to qualify for them under the residency rule.

Be absolutely amazed if O'Neill brought a 17 year old into the squad, would be totally out of character.

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 22 Jan 2018 at 2:04pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Moved over to England at a young age far as I can find out. Beeh over there long enough to qualify for them under the residency rule.

Be absolutely amaO'NeillO'Neill brought a 17 year old into the squad, would be totally out of character.

He must have moved over the water pretty young as he has an English accent. Anyway, it's good to see one of our underage players getting game time in the EPL. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:16am
He has to start against Turkey, it will be absolutely ridiculous if he doesn't.

Edited by pre Madonna - 22 Jan 2018 at 10:16am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:25am
Can't decide who should get the armband in Turkey. Obafemi, Rice or Cullen

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

The next round of qualifers for the ACON will be played in March and then in August . Two chances for them before we have a naitons league game if they seriously want him

Sh*te, didn’t think they’d have qualifiers before the World Cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 125>
  Share Topic