You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Music Festivals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Anyone else hate music festivals or is it just me getting older. Much prefer to go to individual gigs.
No I'm the same I've said on another thread here that they should banned!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Not too easily brother. Although it is pretty baffling how you are still allowed post on this site after nearly getting to owners of it sued .
I think you have just proved that you are very, very easily confused. LOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:14pm
The bands don't give a f**k about it

You trying to tell me that a band like Royal Blood who played in The Workmans Club in Dublin 4 years ago don't care about now playing at Slane and Glastonbury this year?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

You trying to tell me that a band like Royal Blood who played in The Workmans Club in Dublin 4 years ago don't care about now playing at Slane and Glastonbury this year?
Of course they give a f**k! About the money and enhanced reputation, where do you think they prefer playing? To people that have gone out of their way to see them in the Olympia or Kentish Town Forum or wherever, or in a field of pissed up kids?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Of course they give a f**k! About the money and enhanced reputation, where do you think they prefer playing? To people that have gone out of their way to see them in the Olympia or Kentish Town Forum or wherever, or in a field of pissed up kids?

So you think they prefer playing at a small venue, that they arrive into and leave straight after their gig for a few hundred people rather than a field of thousands at a festival where they can usually arrive early, stay the whole day, hang out with other bands etc?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:34pm

So you think they prefer playing at a small venue, that they arrive into and leave straight after their gig for a few hundred people rather than a field of thousands at a festival where they can usually arrive early, stay the whole day, hang out with other bands etc?

Many of the bands this weekend just hung out with the crowd once they had done their sets.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:45pm

How many musicians have ever given a festival as their favourite gig? How many live albums have been recorded at Glastonbury or Reading?
They are a means to an end. There is no doubt that they will enjoy the novelty, as well as the exposure, and perhaps even the difference in venue, but they are the musical equivalent of friendly matches; played in front of a mildly interested crowd, usually in midsummer, before the real stuff starts.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:48pm

How many musicians have ever given a festival as their favourite gig? How many live albums have been recorded at Glastonbury or Reading?
They are a means to an end. There is no doubt that they will enjoy the novelty, as well as the exposure, and perhaps even the difference in venue, but they are the musical equivalent of friendly matches; played in front of a mildly interested crowd, usually in midsummer, before the real stuff starts.

Just out of interest, how many times have you been to Reading or Glastonbury ?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Once was enough.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:56pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Once was enough.

Was just wondering as I've been to Glastonbury once and Reading three times and my experiences of them very much differ to how you describe things above.

As an aside, have heard very good things about a Dublin band called Otherkin who played at Reading on Sunday. Was one of the bands my mate met after, they were hanging around to watch other bands etc. 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 4:59pm
PM how many musicians do you know or bands you've met that tour? How many gigs or festivals have you worked at? Where are you sourcing this information from?

The reason live albums are recorded at indoor venues is because they're easier to logistically arrange, sound better and usually are done at the end of a 3 night run in the same venue when they have it down. There's far too much that can go wrong at festivals and too many factors to take into account.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 5:11pm

PM how many musicians do you know or bands you've met that tour? How many gigs or festivals have you worked at? Where are you sourcing this information from?

The reason live albums are recorded at indoor venues is because they're easier to logistically arrange, sound better and usually are done at the end of a 3 night run in the same venue when they have it down. There's far too much that can go wrong at festivals and too many factors to take into account.

exactly.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 5:27pm
Bands love it, saw Mumford and Sons walking around off their heads with a group of about 15 women the year they headlined Picnic. People that give out about people who go to festivals are no worse than ones who give out about Irish fans for travelling away to watch them.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 6:48pm

exactly.

If you think bands prefer small venue gigs to festivals because they sound better then you're just talking out your arse
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 10:46pm
Loaded Reading Festival.Speaks for itself really.Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic