You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English FA Cup 2017/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 26>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:52pm
Ahhh Arsenal always entertaining
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:05pm
A pathetic defence of the cup. One of your only realistic chance of silverware, and thats the squad he picks. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

A pathetic defence of the cup. One of your only realistic chance of silverware, and thats the squad he picks. 

This was my thinking too. Ridiculous giving most of your 1st team a rest when you’ve nothing to play for
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

This was my thinking too. Ridiculous giving most of your 1st team a rest when you’ve nothing to play for

Very surprising by Wenger. Best chance of a trophy and he puts out that team.
I feel he’ll need top 4 or win the EL or else the fans will have a total meltdown.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:12pm

"Nothing to play for"?

They've got the Lge Cup Semi-Finals coming up, plus the Europa League, and they must be desperate to finish back in the Top Four again.

Considering that was their 10th game since 07 December, and they've another 6 games before they play at Spurs on 10 February, I'd say another FA Cup tie squeezed in there would be very far down Wenger's list of priorities.

Though I'm still chuckling mightily at this latest embarrassment at the City Ground LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

"Nothing to play for"?

They've got the Lge Cup Semi-Finals coming up, plus the Europa League, and they must be desperate to finish back in the Top Four again.

Considering that was their 10th game since 07 December, and they've another 6 games before they play at Spurs on 10 February, I'd say another FA Cup tie squeezed in there would be very far down Wenger's list of priorities.

Though I'm still chuckling mightily at this latest embarrassment at the City Ground LOL

An FA cup win would keep the pressure off, I don’t think a league cup win would.
And I can’t see them winning the EL.
Just my opinion of course but teams focusing on a league cup instead of the FA cup is silly
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 7:51pm

"Nothing to play for"?

An FA cup win would keep the pressure off, I don’t think a league cup win would.
Just my opinion of course but teams focusing on a league cup instead of the FA cup is silly

It's funny to observe the sky effect in full swing. League cup was the laughing stock; sky cover it; big competition. Like the premier league being the best in the world :-)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:06pm

"Nothing to play for"?

Not if you're already in the semi final

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:17pm
Blame Sky for everything.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Theo Walcott, what a waste of a career
I can see him back at Saints before end of transfer window
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 8:17pm
I barely regard the League Cup as a major competition anymore.

Half the teams don't care about it, Round 1 falls in pre-season and round 2 falls between games 2 and 3 so they'd rather not get players injured.
The seeding system is bollocks
and the Match fixing from Carabao sunk the trophy to new lows this season.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Theo Walcott, what a waste of a career
I can see him back at Saints before end of transfer window

He has played very little this season, and obviously hasn't been great when he has due to a lack of games. He's the type of player who needs a run of games before he starts performing. Will be shocked if he's still there in August.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm
I hate Arsenal Fan TV with an absolute undying passion but someone had tagged me in a video on Facebook and it was trending on Twitter so I had to see what the fuss was about.

Robbie the main host interviewed an Arsenal fan "What did you enjoy the most about the match" the fan answers with "The fact I'm blind so I couldn't see that sh*t performance" LOLLOL

Edited by coyne - 07 Jan 2018 at 11:01pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:35am

Should be tasty tonight on BT Sport 19.45 ko.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

<DIV ="span4 matchfixture">Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace

Where does this rivalry between the two come from?
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The media.  The Rome Derby it aint.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:52pm

I think it was the mid-seventies when it really kicked off, Brighton only adopting the 'seagull' nickname as a response to Palace's 'Eagles'. It really took off when Alan Mullery took charge of Brighton and Venables went to Palace, the pair had never got on at Spurs and their rivalry, the fact that Palace and Brighton had spent most of the previous decades in the same division, and also  that neither had a real derby, meant a real animosity developed. I'm sure there are pictures online of Mullery flicking the 'v' sign at the Palace fans. He also went into the Palace dressing room after a game, chucked his spare change at Venables and told him 'that's all you and your team are worth'. Bit of a character was Mullers!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The media.  The Rome Derby it aint.
Definitely not a media one. This is one of those quirky and peculiarly English derbies that pretty much went under the national media radar for a long time before being picked up on. 
My favourite story, supposedly true but it may be wishful on my part, is that the sobriquet adopted by the Brighton fans, and later the club itself, of 'the Seagulls', which was a result of this fixture, led to 'police intelligence'(an oxymoron if ever there was) spending much time and money infiltrating the neo-Nazis on the coast, believing they were chanting 'sieg heil' and not 'Sea-gulls'. Brighton has always been a well known hotbed of fascism. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 26>
  Share Topic