You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trap Jnr's to be sacked thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 40>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

They might give him the heave ho.  Have a feeling they won't.  He has the right idea in getting rid of the dead wood no matter who they are and bringing in young hungry players.  I just don't think he is a good  manager though.  I think the next manager will benefit from the stuff Solskjaer has done though.  He has done the hard part and someone else will come in and gain the credit for turning the around.  In fact if I was Utd, I'd get rid of that clown Woodworm and give Solskjaer his job.

Benefit from what? What good has he done since he got the job, seriously?

Getting rid of the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Smalling and all the dead wood in that squad.   He is bringing in young players who want to be there.  It's a case of going backwards before going forwards.  Some of his buys might turn out to be long term players at the club.   What he needs to do now is get in more young players obviously strikers amongst other positions.

Its like putting weedkiller on a weed filled lawn.  You have to kill off everything and then regrow the grass.  He needs to cleanse that squad of all the sh*te which he has nearly done now.  Now its time to bring in a new generation.

Personally I don't think he can really take the club forwards. But getting rid of all the sh*te is a positive in my book.

3 players you've named above are still United players, Pogba Sanchez and Smalling. Players like Jones, Bailly, Shaw, etc are all still stinking the place out. United moved on only a couple of players last summer when they should have moved on 10 plus players. That is what a club serious about a rebuild would have done. 

Ole is a nodding donkey, a completes yes man, as he knows he'll never get a gig close to this level again. If he and the board were serious about a rebuild, they wouldn't be talking about 2-3 year projects, they'd just get on with it. The board are happy with the nothingness United have become. It will take a long long time for the club to challenge again and getting in someone like Allegro or Pochettino won't fix it. It would also be career suicide for someone like Pochettino to go there considering the level of options he should have.

Yep - can't argue with any of that. I somewhat feel sorry for Ole as i'm sure he thought he would somehow manage to thrive in that system. But he is locked in a golden cage entirely of his own making so it's tough to have that much sympathy.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Surely this is the final nail in Ole jokestars coffin

Mata, Matic, Jones, and Pereira in the best starting XI available to him. A raw Dan James too. God knows where he'd be if Rashford, McTominay, Williams and to a lesser extent Martial hadn't stepped up their games this year. Club is a shambles. But still, they spent a decent sum on Matic, Mata and Jones in the last 10 years so he can't say he hasn't been backed
Can be no more excuses now no matter who is out in this fixture they should not be 2 nd best to a dirt team like burley at home but it is just following a well worn pattern now, out out out and take half that team with him 

Suck it up baby , and it's Burnley Ouch
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

They might give him the heave ho.  Have a feeling they won't.  He has the right idea in getting rid of the dead wood no matter who they are and bringing in young hungry players.  I just don't think he is a good  manager though.  I think the next manager will benefit from the stuff Solskjaer has done though.  He has done the hard part and someone else will come in and gain the credit for turning the around.  In fact if I was Utd, I'd get rid of that clown Woodworm and give Solskjaer his job.

Benefit from what? What good has he done since he got the job, seriously?

Getting rid of the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Smalling and all the dead wood in that squad.   He is bringing in young players who want to be there. 

Except that OGS isn't really doing what you suggest. He will obviously be allowed an opinion, which may have traction, but only if it suits Woodward & Co, who retain the real power at MU.

And Pogba is an obvious example. It is quite clear that OGS doesn't want him anywhere near OT, yet he's still there. Why? Because the hierarchy won't cut their losses and just accept the first half-decent offer to get him off the books. Also, he counts as "home grown". Both of which explain why they've not been interested in deals where the buying club offers another (non-home grown) player in part payment.

Anyhow, I personally think it will take a good few more bad results and fan protests etc before they'll sack OGS. For following on from Moyes, LvG and Mourinho, if they're seen to be engaging in another hasty, ill-thought out change of direction, even they won't be able to avoid the charge that the problem is not the manager and his methods/policies, but rests far further up the chain of command.

Instead they'll persist as long as they can with the "long-term/stability/youth development" re-building plan which they used to justify the appointment of OGS in the first place.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Surely this is the final nail in Ole jokestars coffin

Mata, Matic, Jones, and Pereira in the best starting XI available to him. A raw Dan James too. God knows where he'd be if Rashford, McTominay, Williams and to a lesser extent Martial hadn't stepped up their games this year. Club is a shambles. But still, they spent a decent sum on Matic, Mata and Jones in the last 10 years so he can't say he hasn't been backed
Can be no more excuses now no matter who is out in this fixture they should not be 2 nd best to a dirt team like burley at home but it is just following a well worn pattern now, out out out and take half that team with him 

Suck it up baby , and it's Burnley Ouch
LOL sorry C M
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 7:47pm

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 7:52pm
When you're contracted to save a team from relegation, end up 7 points from safety, keeps them up via season getting cancelled but get sacked anyways

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 2:47pm
Nigel Pearson sacked 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Nigel Pearson sacked 

Mad decision 
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:42pm
Nigel is pig headed I’m guessing he threatened to walk if not getting new deal or they told him he was finished either way at end of season and they sacked him.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 3:57pm
A sacking!?  It's been so long.  Brings a tear to the eye.Cry
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 4:04pm

Snakespeare got the boot as well Clap

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 4:04pm
Watford love a sacking 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 4:16pm

A horrible little manClap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 5:12pm
How many is that for Watford in the year now? Seems a crazy amount in the past 4/5 years
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 7:20am

A horrible little manClap
Have to agree with TJ a 100% Wayne Kerr
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:04pm
Eddie H-OUT at Bournemouth

Probably works better when you say it rather than write it
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:29pm
He was the man to replace Wenger at Arsenal a few years ago Dunphy was saying 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:53pm
Wonder would West Ham go for him 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 40>
  Share Topic