You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jake Doyle-Hayes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Linked with Dundee United, which would be a pretty underwhelming move considering St. Mirren was viewed as a platform to bigger and better things.

I thought he would've done enough to warrant interest from the Championship or League One.

A move to a Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts would be considered a step up in Scotland from St Mirren. Even if they performed quite well this season. 
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 12:32pm
Move to Dundee United off after they got tired of his agent stringing them along: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/dundee-united-decide-against-signing-24427531.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 2:20pm
Obviously Dundee got wind he had a better offer elsewhere and jumped before they were dumped.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 3:40pm
Yes my own thinking is maybe he has got a better offer I’d actually be shocked if he couldn’t get one. Will be interesting to see. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 6:14pm
Signs for Hibs on a 2 year deal.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Signs for Hibs on a 2 year deal.

This makes sense that he got the better offer. Good step for him at his age hit the ground running and he mightn’t be long getting a bigger move again in 2/3 years time. This lad is a cracking little player id be dissapointed if he didn’t kick on and star for Hibs again. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 7:25am
Should be a good move for Jake.

Good luck to him.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 7:16am
https://youtu.be/-8ADnkO2Q3E

Decent interview with Jake Doyle-Hayes from Hibs.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 9:17pm
Watched a bit of this tonight. Really impressed with Doyle Hayes having a fine game. Knight Molumby Coventry Kilkenny Noss Johansson etc tend to get most of our attention but Doyle Hayes is flying under the radar.

Developing into a fine midfielder and still only 22 quite young. Has a two year contract at Hibs and no doubt the intention is hit the ground running impress and potentially get in line for an improved move again. Looking at him tonight there’s every chance he will do that. Could be one to watch. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:37am
Has played a lot of first team football and showing the benefit of that. A season in League 2, then a season with St Mirren and looks like he'll get plenty of game time at Hibs this year.

Hibs are a team that are extensively watched by scouts and are a good club to be at if you want to move on to a Championship or even bottom half EPL team. No doubt that will be JDH's intention, so it's up to him to continue to perform at Hibs if he wants that to happen.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 11:33am

Has played a lot of first team football and showing the benefit of that. A season in League 2, then a season with St Mirren and looks like he'll get plenty of game time at Hibs this year.

Hibs are a team that are extensively watched by scouts and are a good club to be at if you want to move on to a Championship or even bottom half EPL team. No doubt that will be JDH's intention, so it's up to him to continue to perform at Hibs if he wants that to happen.

Neatly summed up yes. I thought he was very impressive last night and he got MOTM after so I wasn’t the only one it wasn’t Irish delusion thank god. 

2 year contract so if he keeps hitting the ground running and I think he will it will be interesting to see will he start attracting better interest again in the next year or so even. I’d be hopeful he will he’s a fine player.  

Edited by kevin100 - 06 Aug 2021 at 11:39am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 6:09pm
Off to a flyer at Hibs it seems, great reports about his performance again today. The standard of opposition (Ross County - game was over as a contest at half time) needs to be taken into account but encouraging nonetheless.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:11pm
Given our struggles in midfield we're going to have to take a look at this lad in the senior squad before long. Seems to be a standout week after week in a very decent Hibs team, despite having had to deal with a blast of Covid since the start of the season. 

Was unlucky not to get more of a chance for our under 21s in the last campaign, albeit there was a lot of competition in that position - Knight, Molumby, Taylor, Coventry etc. He's certainly catching up with them in senior football though, a bit like Scully he is showing the benefit of playing plenty of league football at an early stage of his career.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:56pm
If the SPL goes bust were fooked
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 10:04pm

Given our struggles in midfield we're going to have to take a look at this lad in the senior squad before long. Seems to be a standout week after week in a very decent Hibs team, despite having had to deal with a blast of Covid since the start of the season. 

Was unlucky not to get more of a chance for our under 21s in the last campaign, albeit there was a lot of competition in that position - Knight, Molumby, Taylor, Coventry etc. He's certainly catching up with them in senior football though, a bit like Scully he is showing the benefit of playing plenty of league football at an early stage of his career.

Didn't see him today but have down a few times and he's so good on the ball/very rarely gives it away. You wouldn't have got the ball off him in a telephone box the few days I see him. 

He really ought to get a look in for a friendly soon if staying fit playing regularly and impressing. It mightn't be long before he moves on again to a higher level as regards club also the 2 year contract was signed with this in mind I think. Looks like he would suit a passing style which is what Kenny's trying to bring in! 

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Sep 2021 at 10:05pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 11:32am
not saying ye are wrong but a quick check on the game yesterday informs me that he didn't start for Hibs. Came on at half time. Bad timing maybe....
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

not saying ye are wrong but a quick check on the game yesterday informs me that he didn't start for Hibs. Came on at half time. Bad timing maybe....

Hasn't been training as he's still feeling the affects from an illness according to Jack Ross. As You Tell Me said he had Covid recently.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:00pm
I'd imagine this squad comes too early for him especially due to the recent illness, but I'd hope to see him get a chance next March in the friendlies.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic