You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are England NOT the best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

How is that not a pen?? LOLLOL
Absolute joke of a decision. Pickford got the ball but was doing some shirt-tugging and holding back in order to do so. He really got away with one. Imagine how the rest of the game could have turned out if that penno had been given and scored...

And what the hell is the point in having that goal-line official standing there watching it happen right in front of him and doing sweet fa about it. Confused

Come on UEFA, do the right thing - replace those useless 'officials' with VAR.

Edited by ConorMac77 - 16 Oct 2018 at 1:16am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:18am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Absolute joke of a decision. Pickford got the ball but was doing some shirt-tugging and holding back in order to do so.

And what the hell is the point in having that goal-line official standing there watching it happen right in front of him and doing sweet fa about it. Confused

The big problem being that those useless officials being replaced with VAR are exactly the kind of numpties that will end up running the VAR. We have seen some woeful decisions by VAR in the World Cup based on human error. How do you fix it? AI maybe?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:04am
Well second half showed we're not the only team to sh*te it and turn themselves in to the Alamo under siege when they go ahead in a match and surrender all possession and territory in the hope of desperately clinging on. Difference is we would never  go three goals up in the first place against any country where camel racing is not the national sport.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Absolute joke of a decision. Pickford got the ball but was doing some shirt-tugging and holding back in order to do so.

The big problem being that those useless officials being replaced with VAR are exactly the kind of numpties that will end up running the VAR. We have seen some woeful decisions by VAR in the World Cup based on human error. How do you fix it? AI maybe?
True, there were some ridiculous decisions made by VAR at the world cup but I still think they got more right than wrong. Despite those cock-ups, I'd still prefer it to those walking pieces of furniture on the goal line who do nothing. And besides, if after poring over several replays of an incident, we still end up with the wrong decision, then surely UEFA will realise that the officials concerned simply should not be in the job. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 6:55am
England 3 shots on goal and scored them all .
As for the pen LOL the Ref must have taken a bribe Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 7:23am
Wasn’t given as he didn’t go down I think. Bit like Aguero at anfield a few weeks ago, it seems if you stay on your feet you’ve little chance of getting a penalty
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

3 shots, 3 goals, no corners, 31%. Will it be an MBE or a Knighthood for Garth. Party on...

Three excellent goals in fairness.

Kane was brilliant.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Wasn’t given as he didn’t go down I think. Bit like Aguero at anfield a few weeks ago, it seems if you stay on your feet you’ve little chance of getting a penalty
LOLLOLLOL
You never stop do you !!!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
LOLLOL He will tell ya now you missed the joke
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Its a simple point, had Aguero or Rodrigo gone down when there was contact, they'd have had a much better chance of getting the penalty. You almost have to go down now when there's contact or you don't get a free. That was my point.
I don't actually think Aguero's was a clear cut penalty, i'd still be undecided on it. But had he gone down he'd probably have got it.
I'm sorry if this causes offence to the beloved team who you sometimes don't admit on here that you support.

Its very apt I should be saying it on the England thread, given the amount of delusional sh*te posted on here, but sometimes it is possible to remove the blinkers and talk about football and decisions in football games objectively. You don't have to behave like children in the playground on every single football topic that relates to a team that you like or dislike.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Oct 2018 at 11:13am
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:27am
Man City fan giving lectures about removing the blinkers in relation to Aguero in an England National team thread... classic!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:29am
In fairness it was a valid point he made
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:43am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Man City fan giving lectures about removing the blinkers in relation to Aguero in an England National team thread... classic!

I never complained about the Lovren-Aguero incident on here once. I've just said I still can't decide if it should have been a penalty or not.
Take who I, you or anyone else supports out of it, and read my point again.

Had Aguero or Rodrigo gone down when there was contact in the penalty box in the last 10 days i'd be pretty sure both would have been awarded a penalty.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:43am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

In fairness it was a valid point he made

Of course it was. Men acting like children are unable to see the point sadly.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I know.
I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:42pm
What you looking a boat for? You would be safer getting a point to your comments. Your only point here is that I support City.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:59pm

What you looking a boat for? You would be safer getting a point to your comments. Your only point here is that I support City.
Relax ya mad ting LOL

Everyone can see my point.

You reference every injustice in football back to something that happened to your beloved City.

You'd never have survived the 70s and 80s with all the bribery and corruption that went on.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 1:25pm
Yeah, but that's because you forgot your trousers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic