Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are England NOT the best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 25>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:35pm
Bhob, I honestly have no idea what you are on about. In Southgates opinion Smalling isn't good enough to make a team or squad which will most likely play 3 CBs. This at a time when I would consider England to have their weakest options at CB in decades. Still, Smalling can't get in. Your United bias is comical. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 16 May 2018 at 4:38pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Three of the 4 recognised centre backs England are bringing (Jones, Stones and Cahill) cannot get a game regularly for their club yet are deemed good enough for international level ahead of others that do. Some logic

Jones was way ahead of Smalling in the pecking order at United at the start of the season. In fact if Jones and Bailly stayed fit all season, Smalling would barely have kicked a ball. Obviously that was always a big if though as Jones fitness record is terrible. Stones was regular stuff City and looked to have displaced Kompany as first choice until an injury. Cahill is just terrible. As is Smalling.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Worst England squad Ive ever seen.

Nah, they were worse off in 2014. A well past it Gerrard and Lampard surrounded by a very average crew - particularly looking at the club teams they played for. Sturridge was in great form going into that tournament but the likes of Sterling and Stones were only 19 while Alli and Kane weren't even around yet.

The current squad has much better full backs, much better attackers and a genuinely world class talent in Kane - something they did not have in 2014. All their young players have a few more seasons under their belts at this point. They still look desperately weak in centre midfield and at centre half as well.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Bhob, I honestly have no idea what you are on about. In Southgates opinion Smalling isn't good enough to make a team or squad which will most likely play 3 CBs. This at a time when I would consider England to have their weakest options at CB in decades. Still, Smalling can't get in. Your United bias is comical. 

Please point out exactly where I stated Smalling should have been selected? I would like the exact quote and if you are unable to do so then I suggest you stop making up utter nonsense yet again.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:46pm
Would agree with that. Better starting 11 than '14 WC. Kane alone drags the team well up on them. Serious issues around CB and CM as you've said. At least Southgate is trying to solve it, by playing the likes of Walker at CB in a 3, he knows the quality isn't there so he's trying to find solutions. Whether it works against better sides is another thing altogether.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:47pm
It's like groundhog day on here and with a lot of Irish fans in regard to the English national team.

There is absolutely no expectation on this English side, a good campaign would be for them to make the last 16 and perhaps the last 8 with a bit of luck.

The quality of their side reflects this, yet for some baffling reason loads of Irish fans will spout absolute garbage from one extreme to another like "oh they think they should win the WC" or "Southgate is out of his depth" etc. 

England for once are now selecting good honest professionals without the ego's or players who are living off their past, in what is an extremely bold move from Southgate and do you know what, best of luck to him. 

I certainly hope the masses save the dramatic posts, when England eventually do get knocked out as they're cringeworthy beyond belief.

Edited by Green Devil - 16 May 2018 at 4:48pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Please point out exactly where I stated Smalling should have been selected? I would like the exact quote and if you are unable to do so then I suggest you stop making up utter nonsense yet again.
What are you actually rambling about. You really are a strange fish altogether.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

What are you actually rambling about. You really are a strange fish altogether.

Apology accepted
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

you'd be genuinely pissed off if you'd booked flights/accomm/tickets to Russia to go watch that squad

Well you would probably have had an idea when you booked the flights that Messi and Neymar weren't going to suddenly appear in an England jersey.

Yeah I’m not sure who you think is missing?
This is England’s level now.

Should get out of their group in 2nd place.
The target would be 1/4 finals.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:27pm
England won't fear Belgium and imo there won't be much between them when they meet, this Belgian side are a group of individuals and for all their talent don't seem to be a great team by any means.

I wouldn't be surprised to see England getting a draw.

I think people underestimate the likes of England and overestimate the likes of Belgium.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:11pm
Glenn Murray f**king hell Bhob LOL
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

England won't fear Belgium and imo there won't be much between them when they meet, this Belgian side are a group of individuals and for all their talent don't seem to be a great team by any means.

I
I think people underestimate the likes of England and overestimate the likes of Belgium.

Who are the likes of England and Belgium ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I

The response you would expect from a child, good lad Thumbs Up

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

4th highest English scorer. An ugly player who scores goals.
What has Wellbeck done to get included?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

4th highest English scorer. An ugly player who scores goals.
What has Wellbeck done to get included?

TBF Welbeck has done very well for England when called upon, the fact he can play on the wing as well as up front helped his cause no end.

I really don't think someone like Murray would offer anything at international level. 

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:35pm

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I

The response you would expect from a child, good lad Thumbs Up
No it's not kiddo, why not say people underestimate England and overestimate Belgium instead of using a nonsensical cliche. End.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:44pm
Well for me personally, I didn't see it as a nonsensical cliche and wasn't expecting someone to talk about my writing style when I was making points.

Each to their own. 

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

you'd be genuinely pissed off if you'd booked flights/accomm/tickets to Russia to go watch that squad
It's better thatn we would put out if we were there and we certainly wouldn't be feeling that way!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 25>
  Share Topic