Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are England NOT the best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 25>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

There will be zero expectancy on this squad, which might work in their favour. Still expect them to get knocked out in the last 16 though.

QFs I reckon if they finish runners up to Belgium they'll play Poland or Colombia in the last 16 probably get past either of them which more than likely sets up a QF with Ze Germans Big smile

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 May 2018 at 2:56pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The decision to bring Danny Rose is shocking just checked he played 14 games this season
I know Southampton and West Ham didn't have the greatest of seasons but
Betrand and Cresswell played 40 and 39 games respectively

Aye, although Danny Rose when he is in form is a far better player than both of those two. The problem is he hasn't been in any kind of form since he got that injury towards the end of the 16/17 season. It's a gamble by Southgate but potentially a worthwhile one.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

You'd have to feel sorry for the like of Glenn Murray considering the season he's had. Should definitely be on the stand-by list.

There was a video on F365's alternative awards the other day, were Murray was put through on goal against Arsenal recently just over the halfway line with no-one near him, and despite having about ten yards on the nearest defender he checked back and kept possession as he knew he hadn't the pace to get through on goal.
He's miles from being an international class striker, no matter how many goals he got this season
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

There will be zero expectancy on this squad, which might work in their favour. Still expect them to get knocked out in the last 16 though.

QFs I reckon if they finish runners up to Belgium they'll play Poland or Colombia in the last 16 probably get past either of them which more than likely sets up a QF with Ze Germans Big smile
That is a very weak side Lassie named, in defence and midfield at least. I would expect Colombia to be strong for them. A shoot-out between Kane and Lewandowski, against two weak defences, could be interesting though.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

The decision to bring Danny Rose is shocking just checked he played 14 games this season

Aye, although Danny Rose when he is in form is a far better player than both of those two. The problem is he hasn't been in any kind of form since he got that injury towards the end of the 16/17 season. It's a gamble by Southgate but potentially a worthwhile one.

True he's a good player and As I pointed out most likely to be starting at leftwing back. I just think it's a big gamble  in terms of his form and potential match fitness.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

That is a very weak side Lassie named, in defence and midfield at least. I would expect Colombia to be strong for them. A shoot-out between Kane and Lewandowski, against two weak defences, could be interesting though.

England usually lose shoot outs Wink
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:39pm

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

True he's a good player and As I pointed out most likely to be starting at leftwing back. I just think it's a big gamble  in terms of his form and potential match fitness.

I also think Poch dropped Rose for his outburst at the start of the season. Him and Alderweireld were available the last few months and were kept on the bench.
Rose is a solid player.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:59pm
Worst England squad Ive ever seen.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Worst England squad Ive ever seen.

Worse than the Euro 92 squad  ? 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:09pm
A poor squad overall, but it was always going to be no matter who got the nod at the minute. They really just don't have the quality in large numbers. There's always hope when you have the likes of Kane, Alli, Sterling, and if Southgate is cute in the bigger games and sets them up well to counter attack, they could have a decent tournament. If this team come out to play against the better sides, I would expect them to be thumped though. A Henderson Dier midfield doesn't exactly scream control or guile. In fact, I genuinely still have no idea how Dier has become so prominent for Spurs and England. He is simply an awful player.

Rose is by far the best LB England have available to them. Even with only a few games under his belt this season, there should be no questions of him starting. Especially in a wing back role where he would excel.

Smalling is an awful footballer. He has no place in an England squad ever. The fact that Tarkowski and Mawson are clearly ahead of him at this stage of their careers says it all really. Southgate missed a trick with Cahill though, there's no way he should be going.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You'd have to feel sorry for the like of Glenn Murray considering the season he's had. Should definitely be on the stand-by list.

There was a video on F365's alternative awards the other day, were Murray was put through on goal against Arsenal recently just over the halfway line with no-one near him, and despite having about ten yards on the nearest defender he checked back and kept possession as he knew he hadn't the pace to get through on goal.
He's miles from being an international class striker, no matter how many goals he got this season

Danny Wellbeck is probably twice as fast as him and has less than half the amount of goals than him. He's not the kind of player that will out run you from the halfway line. He's the kind of player that will put in a serious shift upfront and unsettle defenders.

As I said, should have at least been on the standby list.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

A poor squad overall, but it was always going to be no matter who got the nod at the minute. They really just don't have the quality in large numbers. There's always hope when you have the likes of Kane, Alli, Sterling, and if Southgate is cute in the bigger games and sets them up well to counter attack, they could have a decent tournament. If this team come out to play against the better sides, I would expect them to be thumped though. A Henderson Dier midfield doesn't exactly scream control or guile. In fact, I genuinely still have no idea how Dier has become so prominent for Spurs and England. He is simply an awful player.

Rose is by far the best LB England have available to them. Even with only a few games under his belt this season, there should be no questions of him starting. Especially in a wing back role where he would excel.

Smalling is an awful footballer. He has no place in an England squad ever. The fact that Tarkowski and Mawson are clearly ahead of him at this stage of their careers says it all really. Southgate missed a trick with Cahill though, there's no way he should be going.

Second v relegated LOL

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:17pm
That is a bizarre response. That's like comparing Mo Salah with Lingard and saying 4th vs 2nd. Lingard is clearly better. Nonsensical really.

By your logic, Smalling and Jones are basically the same player as they for the same club. Whereas the reality is Jones is a much better player than Smalling. In fact, it's been a long time since I heard a manager basically say a player won't be part of the setup as he can't pass the ball, as Southgate more or less said of Smalling.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:19pm
you'd be genuinely pissed off if you'd booked flights/accomm/tickets to Russia to go watch that squad
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:28pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Danny Wellbeck is probably twice as fast as him and has less than half the amount of goals than him. He's not the kind of player that will out run you from the halfway line. He's the kind of player that will put in a serious shift upfront and unsettle defenders.

As I said, should have at least been on the standby list.

Welbeck has 5 goals in 12 league starts this season, playing on the wing. Was injured for most of the season. Far better player than Murray IMO

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

you'd be genuinely pissed off if you'd booked flights/accomm/tickets to Russia to go watch that squad

Well you would probably have had an idea when you booked the flights that Messi and Neymar weren't going to suddenly appear in an England jersey.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

That is a bizarre response. That's like comparing Mo Salah with Lingard and saying 4th vs 2nd. Lingard is clearly better. Nonsensical really.

By your logic, Smalling and Jones are basically the same player as they for the same club. Whereas the reality is Jones is a much better player than Smalling. In fact, it's been a long time since I heard a manager basically say a player won't be part of the setup as he can't pass the ball, as Southgate more or less said of Smalling.

I didn't compare them, I simply laughed because I found it funny. It's amazing that Fergie, Moyes, LVG, Mourinho are all wrong but you're right Clap

Anyway there's no point in getting in to it. They'll still be knocked regardless of who they bring as they don't have the talent to win it.

Edited by bhob - 16 May 2018 at 4:34pm
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:34pm

Three of the 4 recognised centre backs England are bringing (Jones, Stones and Cahill) cannot get a game regularly for their club yet are deemed good enough for international level ahead of others that do. Some logic

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 25>
  Share Topic