FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Week 18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Week 18
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

In fairness Tony that's a Shams fans default response when this is brought up. Obviously ye don't allocate the refs for games but if a Sligo man was reefing that game some of your fans would be going spastic.

Joking aside, I agree with you, I don't think he's biased one way or the other, but he should not be reffing our games because it allows that accusation of bias to be made.

That would be my view on it too Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

You want him removed from Rovers games because you think he missed an incident. An incident so controversial not one media organisation picked up on it.

I wouldnt mind seeing him removed because he gives us nothing in an effort to overcompensate.

But it's amazing that even after a smash and grab for your first win in 2 months you are giving get out about the ref. True to format etc.

Apart from Soccer Republic! 
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:47am

In fairness Tony that's a Shams fans default response when this is brought up. Obviously ye don't allocate the refs for games but if a Sligo man was reefing that game some of your fans would be going spastic.

Joking aside, I agree with you, I don't think he's biased one way or the other, but he should not be reffing our games because it allows that accusation of bias to be made.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:51pm

You want him removed from Rovers games because you think he missed an incident. An incident so controversial not one media organisation picked up on it.

I wouldnt mind seeing him removed because he gives us nothing in an effort to overcompensate.

But it's amazing that even after a smash and grab for your first win in 2 months you are giving get out about the ref. True to format etc.

LOL LOL  I haven't been on here for a while but I thought you'd have come up with a few new ones by now. Clap Thumbs Up 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 04 Jul 2017 at 4:51pm
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm

Edited by roverstillidie - 04 Jul 2017 at 4:42pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:03pm

Well he doesn't give ye red cards so you're right there.
You are taking a partisan view of one incident and extrapolating a great deal.

He gives is nothing. Never has, never will.

Let's not forget you won and are still whinging

LOLLOLLOL And the rtid circle of spin begins.

In case you forgot you asked me about one issue

Can you name one contentious decision he has ever given Rovers way?
And when I point one out, well I'm going into great detail and whinging. You're still great crack. Clap

We get it, he gives you nothing. Dosen't mean he's not favouring ye tho does it .. giving other teams red cards, not giving other teams penalties. Nobody knows what's going on in his head (or heart) for Shams games. At least we agree he needs to be taken away from referee of Shams games.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 3:23pm

You are taking a partisan view of one incident and extrapolating a great deal.

He gives is nothing. Never has, never will.

Let's not forget you won and are still whinging
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:49pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 2:11pm
That would be great. He gives us nothing.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:40pm

Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

Neil Doyle ... still a prick

Always will be. Wouldn't let the game flow at all.

Absolutely laughable he is doing Shamrock games. Russell gets a slap in the face from Finn and he ends up getting a yellow card. The he sends Russell off for a nothing tackle.

If he is the ref for Shams games then their will always be doubts. There should be zero questions to a refs partiality and when you have a ref who is a an ex season ticket holder and his family still goes to games ... well that's just ridiculous.

LOL Can you not read ... Russell got a slap in the face from Finn. Ref was two yards away and there was no red.

Anyway I'd prefer not to get into all that. My main point here is that there should be not doubt, full transparency for both Shams and the other teams involved. Best way to do that is keep him away from your games.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 04 Jul 2017 at 1:40pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:35pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 1:23pm

Absolutely laughable he is doing Shamrock games. Russell gets a slap in the face from Finn and he ends up getting a yellow card. The he sends Russell off for a nothing tackle.

If he is the ref for Shams games then their will always be doubts. There should be zero questions to a refs partiality and when you have a ref who is a an ex season ticket holder and his family still goes to games ... well that's just ridiculous.

Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:28pm

I agree totally, sick of Doyles bias towards the opposition.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:48am

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 04 Jul 2017 at 11:48am
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:24pm
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:23am
Very end of the video you see a man jumping over the wall with the flag. Forza Rovers even put a post on facebook condemning their fans actions. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:28am
Is there any proof of that? because there is proof of the Shams fans entering the pitch to attack the Sligo fans and one fan throwing a rock in to a group of Sligo fans with no flag in sight at any point of the video LOL

Even if the Sligo fans did do that, are you saying that excuses the Shams fans actions?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 10:21am

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Surprise surprise..

They robbed a flag so rovers fans went and got it back.Sligo fans also spent the last ten  minutes of the game throwing rocks into the away end.
All of them? Some of them would need a hell of a throw! I did hear that some Shams fans were saying Jehovah though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic