You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russia Accomodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russia Accomodation
    Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:06pm
Large group of us all booked up for russia, all group matches covered with free cancelation the amount of times appartments tried to cancel as they didnt realise it was world cup dates when taking the bookings but to be fair to booking.com in some instances they found us similar accomodation at the cost of the original booking when apartments cancelled the original booking.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:15pm
Ffs
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Ffs
Fail to prepare, Prepare to fail. lol
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:35pm
Only fools Russian...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Only fools Russian...
LOL
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:50pm
How do you know what cities etc to book in?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 1:17pm
Book them ALL
The dark side.. And the light
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

How do you know what cities etc to book in?
Good question considering there's 11 cities to choose from...LOL

He's bound to have come up with some sort of a route though, and I'm guessing Moscow is one of the main ones.

Wonder how many of those hotel bookings he'll actually have kept by the time they do set off. LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 27 Jun 2017 at 1:38pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 1:34pm
Been looking at doing the same the past week, a lot of effort though especially as I have no idea of exact numbers going. Looking like there are plenty of cheap ways to get there also.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:33pm
What's the cost of accommodation, ballpark ?

And what is an overall estimate for travel, accommodation and group games, again roughly ?

And how could I forget - the price of a pint ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:42pm
Last two tournaments I booked fairly early but when we qualify for Russia I'll just book what I need when we know where we are . There was feck all in the price when I booked France the night we qualified up until 8 weeks before hand . And we were only guessing and hoping what venues we should book . So I'll be more cautious when booking up this time
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:44pm
I thought I was being clever booking French cities before the draw but my Bordeaux hotel wanted a lot more money when I tried to reduce the booking.   In the end we compromised on double the rate for the nights I wanted.

Hotels are great value in Moscow anyway.

I've booked Moscow on free cancellation.  I will probably use Moscow as a base anyway if we qualify.  If we don't  I will go anyway and use Moscow as a base.  
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 2:53pm
I cant see the mad rush that there was with France/Poland

Its going to take a fair bit of research  but it would be a nice problem to have
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 3:23pm
basically we split the groups between 3 of us, 3 nights in each host city 2 for the third round of games.
The prices vary from group to group and city to city but we have nothing booked thats over €38 per person per night. Mixtue of apartments / hostels and 2* hotels.

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 3:29pm
Scarily well organised.  Keep your eye on your bank balance as some so called 'free cancellation' bookings try to pull a fast one. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Scarily well organised.  Keep your eye on your bank balance as some so called 'free cancellation' bookings try to pull a fast one. 

used a debit card with feck all in it.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

used a debit card with feck all in it.

Good strategy! 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I cant see the mad rush that there was with France/Poland

Its going to take a fair bit of research  but it would be a nice problem to have
That's what I was thinking, a lot of bandwagonners who were tripping over themselves to get to France last year won't fancy going to Russia for various reasons (that they see anyway) - eg resident hooliganism, different language and culture even from the rest of Europe, harder to get to compared to France and Poland etc etc etc... 

Still not 100% certain about it myself yet tbh but as you say, I'd prefer us to at least have that decision to make at the end of the year... Wink

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic