Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 79>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:39pm
Dzeko flagged offside wrongly early in the second half, when had the flag stay down it would have been a red card for Karius and a penalty 

Having said that, the two penalties Liverpool conceded in the tie were never penalties, and the one they got away with tonight was a clear penalty 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 May 2018 at 11:47pm
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

and he used to play with Sunderland 

Roy Keane played for Cobh.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Got away with tonight, but more composure in the box and Roma could have done the unthinkable. Liverpool's right side of midfield was appalling, the young full back was left totally exposed time after time. Interesting final, Madrid should win handily. There vast experience will see them through. There defence is better than Liverpool's and will score goals. Liverpool have scored a lot of goals in quick clusters especially at Anfield. Can't see that happening against Ramos & Carvahal. 
Got away with it? Apart from while  0-0 at Anfiled, Roma were never within 2 goals on aggregate of Liverpool until the last kick of a ball tonight (which was a farcical penalty that never should have been given). Now, if Liverpool went from 7-3 to 7-6 up and there were 20 mins or so to play, your logic might hold some weight but the scoreline on aggregate totally flatters Roma. The tie was well and truly buried at HT tonight at 7-3. After that it was a matter of saving face for Roma which they did. They were simply never really in this tie besides that first 10 or so opening minutes of pressure at Anfield.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:50pm
If Real play well in the final you’d have to say they’ll win it 

They were mediocre/lucky in some of the knockout games last year and then really turned it on in the final and blew Juve away 

I could see that happening again 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 May 2018 at 11:53pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Dzeko flagged offside wrongly early in the second half, when had the flag stay down it would have been a red card for Karius and a penalty 

Having said that, the two penalties Liverpool conceded in the tie were never penalties, and the one they got away with tonight was a clear penalty 
Would agree with all of that. The big thing there is what comes first though. The penalty at Anfield that never was made a game that was 5-1 and Liverpool 100 percent through with 90 minutes to spare, into 5-2 and Roma having a tiny sniff. It will be interesting to hear the analysis of this game later, as in my mind Arnold had a very poor game but by far the biggest issue the second half was the attack. That was the worst 45 minutes I've ever seen that trio play together. It meant they didn't get a 3rd or 4th goal which they easily could have, they kept turning over the ball inviting more pressure from Roma. The black and white analysis of games is silly really and never tells the full story. I would be interested to hear did Dunphy once criticise the front threes 2nd half performance, yet he probably tore the defensive players apart? (Missed the post match analysis myself)
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:03am

They were mediocre/lucky in some of the knockout games last year and then really turned it on in the final and blew Juve away 

I could see that happening again 
I would definitely have Real favourites, no doubt about it. Not massive favourites though. Liverpool's front 3 have the capabilities of beaten anyone on their day. The managers will be huge in the final, tactics will play a massive part. If I saw Casemiro on the bench again and Carvajal out, you could make a decent argument for Liverpool. It's funny though, because 24 hours ago most of the commentary would have been how Liverpool won't blow the chances Bayern did against Real. Now it's mostly Real will steamroll this really poor Liverpool defense (not that you are saying that yourself). This is a Real team with plenty of miles on the clock and plenty of flaws on display, so Liverpool of course have a decent chance. I haven't seen the bookies odds but I'd say 60 percent Real 40 percent Liverpool in the final would be very fair. Reals experience could obviously be key.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

and he used to play with Sunderland 

Apologies for not being a football hipster "supporting" the likes of Napoli nowadays.

When I watch football, I see more than the tricks, flicks and goals.

LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:02am
That post did make me laugh LOL
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Liverpool were 5-0 up at one time,
And then Roma were given two penalties that weren't.
Admittedly they should have had a blatant one for Terence Trent's handball.

Anyway job done, no matter how it was done doesn't matter a jot.
Same with Madrid the night before.

Liverpool are in their 8th European Cup Final.

Win or lose doesn't matter its been a very good season and Im happy with their progress under Klopp.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:52am

And what if Liverpool play well ?
Like the way they played against City and first leg against Roma ?

Are you saying Madrid are a better team than City, I wouldn't say so.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Win or lose doesn't matter its been a very good season and Im happy with their progress under Klopp.

Of course it matters when it's the difference between a 'good' and a potentially 'fantastic' season. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 8:58am

A yellow for Karius would have been the outcome. Dzeko's touch wasn't taking him towards goal. It was defo onside and a peno though. 

It should be a great final. 
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Of course it matters when it's the difference between a 'good' and a potentially 'fantastic' season. 
Could still finish fifth.

My point is that Im happy to get to the final, anything else is a bonus.
Im not gonna cry like a bitch if they lose.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 9:18am

And what if Liverpool play well ?
Like the way they played against City and first leg against Roma ?

Are you saying Madrid are a better team than City, I wouldn't say so.

Real have found a way in this years competition, and last years, to win when not playing well.
They could not play well and win the final, that wouldn't surprise me.
If they do play well they will definitely win.

Liverpool cannot play badly and win (IMO), they will have to all be on their game. They will have to bring their A game, like the first legs against City and Roma - correct.

I actually think a two legged affair would give Liverpool more chance of beating Real than a one off tie

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:15am
Has the making of a great final.
Two teams great at attacking but will concede sloopy goals.

Great season for Liverpool, second only to City.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:19am
Decko is still a fine Centre forward,impressed anytime I’ve seen him this season 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

can you actually imagine Jordan Henderson lifting the European cup LOL

Henderson is an easy target because he's not got the skill set or flair of the likes of Salah, Pogba, Pirlo etc.

Henderson does a solid job for Liverpool, keeps things simple and most importantly sacrifices himself for the benefit of the team.

A good honest professional doing a good job, yeah funny alright Ermm

The same as Glenn Whelan.
Unsung hero who does the simple things very well.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:37am
I presume you're not actually comparing the level of both players Zizu, but Whelan should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Henderson. That is a truly cutting insult to Henderson.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 79>
  Share Topic