You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 79>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Citeh let me down for a nice few quid, had the draw backed! 

Gabriel Jesus wasn't on form tonight......Ermm

Chelsea let me down last night, bastards! 

Cheers for this information LOL
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Darragh Moloney saying how he sort of feels sorry for Moreno with the criticism of him in the Sevilla 

Dunphy: "He's on a hundred grand a week Darragh, don't punch yourself over it"  

LOL

Always below the belt personal criticism from our Eamonn LOL

How is that below the belt

It's probably not overly below the belt, but it's still still typical of Dunphy being personal in bringing up a players wage when it has nothing to do with his performance. It's an easy and cheap/populist shot to bring up a professional footballer's pay if they have a bad game.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Well this is a topic on the CL Mr Coyne Big smile

Still, Chelsea were shameful in front of goal last night as were Citeh at times tonight!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:28pm

Still, Chelsea were shameful in front of goal last night as were Citeh at times tonight!

I was just being a sarcastic twat, sorry! LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:30pm

I was just being a sarcastic twat, sorry! LOL

It's cool, you support Sunderland Heart

Roll on Wolves Saturday!!! LOL

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:32pm
Did ya not see me tipping Shaktar earlier GD
Needed to win, city already had the group wrapped up and one eye on Sunday, playing a few kids, and shakhtar looked a decent side at the Etihad
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:32pm

Darragh Moloney saying how he sort of feels sorry for Moreno with the criticism of him in the Sevilla 

LOL

It's probably not overly below the belt, but it's still still typical of Dunphy being personal in bringing up a players wage when it has nothing to do with his performance. It's an easy and cheap/populist shot to bring up a professional footballer's pay if they have a bad game.  

I agree to an extent but in the context of feeling sorry for a player it's relevant. As they are on so much money it'd hard to feel sorry for him when he receives criticism about his performances at work
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Needed to win, city already had the group wrapped up and one eye on Sunday, playing a few kids, and shakhtar looked a decent side at the Etihad

Hadn't been online all day bud Ouch

I had an idea Pep would rest a good few of his main men and seeing as a draw was good enough for Shakhtar I thought both sides would just play out a dull draw. 

Just from watching the second half, how in Gods name Citeh didn't at least get a draw I'll never know!

Ah well onto the EL tomorrow for a bet LOL

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:48pm
The Spanish teams have been pretty poor in the Champions League so far, I don't see a winner from that country, I think they'll be knocked out early enough too
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

The Spanish teams have been pretty poor in the Champions League so far, I don't see a winner from that country, I think they'll be knocked out early enough too

Barca have held teams at arms length throughout this campaign, they haven't reached second gear yet because there has been no need.

Also, as I've been saying time and time again about Real, La Liga is gone and they are now resting first team players during league games so it would be silly to write them off winning the CL again. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Hadn't been online all day bud Ouch

I had an idea Pep would rest a good few of his main men and seeing as a draw was good enough for Shakhtar I thought both sides would just play out a dull draw. 

Just from watching the second half, how in Gods name Citeh didn't at least get a draw I'll never know!

Ah well onto the EL tomorrow for a bet LOL

I didn’t see much of the game tonight

Watching highlights show here, Keane has his weekly headline written for tomorrow’s click bait and Daily Mail online as he says Liverpool have beat no one yet and will do nothing when they come up against a decent team. Pougatch points out that they beat Arsenal in September and he said well exactly
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:22pm
PSG won’t win it with Rabiot in the centre but they are great going forward . The Mbappe fella is from another planet . Still only 18.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:29pm

LOL

I agree to an extent but in the context of feeling sorry for a player it's relevant. As they are on so much money it'd hard to feel sorry for him when he receives criticism about his performances at work

Surprised at that reply from you tbh. 

Personally I don't know or care what Moreno is on salary wise.Why bring up that "they're on so much money" up? 

These performances at work are in the public eye so it's not the same as you or myself having a bad day at work and no one else outside of work knowing about it. 

Would you apply the same standard of criticism to some EPL player for Liverpool called Moreno getting criticism and McClean who was clearly devastated after the Denmark result? 

I couldn't imagine you trivializing McClean's woe because he was "on so much money". Not that McClean was as bad as Moreno in their respective matches btw. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:31am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

PSG won’t win it with Rabiot in the centre but they are great going forward . The Mbappe fella is from another planet . Still only 18.

Confused He is quality.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:03pm
I said it before and I'll say it again, too many teams in the champions league:

The bottom team in each group only won 2 matches out of 48. This should be the best of the best.

Group A
Benfica  0pts - 13GD

Group B
Anderlecht  3  -15

Group C
FK Qarabag 2 - 12

Group D
Olympiakos   1  -9

Group E
Maribor   3  -13

Group F
Feyenoord  3  -9

Group G
Monaco  2  -10

Group H
Apoel Nicosia 2  -15

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I said it before and I'll say it again, too many teams in the champions league:

The bottom team in each group only won 2 matches out of 48. This should be the best of the best.

Group A
Benfica  0pts - 13GD

Group B
Anderlecht  3  -15

Group C
FK Qarabag 2 - 12

Group D
Olympiakos   1  -9

Group E
Maribor   3  -13

Group F
Feyenoord  3  -9

Group G
Monaco  2  -10

Group H
Apoel Nicosia 2  -15

Sure Monaco made the semi-finals last year, only having the very elite isn't going to encourage clubs in weaker leagues to grow and invest to everyone's benefit
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:17pm
Champions League is fine as it is. Two of last seasons Semi Finalists knocked out in the Group Stage, the other two only finished in second spot. It is competitive.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:18pm
Napoli really got fooked over in their group with Shaktar playing a second string Man City in the final round. I know they lost to Feyenoord but you'd imagine they would have won that if they still had a realistic chance of qualifying and with the better head-to-head record against Shaktar would have gone through if City also took maximum points off the Ukrainians.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 79>
  Share Topic