Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 79>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Over 50% of the bottom teams end up with less than 3 points every season. The gap between the top and the bottom is too big.
Yes indeed.

The Top teams should really break away and form like a champions league or something.

Great idea
What would they call it?

At the start of each group, I'd say at least 12 of the 16 2nd round teams is known with certainty.

Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Fk Qarabag have Roma away next so they will end up P6 W0 D2 L4 and a goal difference of worse than -11.
It was a though group but they are clearly playing against much superior opposition.

Over 50% of the bottom teams end up with less than 3 points every season.
The gap between the top and the bottom is too big.
With Roma never assume anything, check their ucl history, have struggled at home against the supposed weakest teams in the last few campaigns they have made the group stage.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:25pm
Paris Saint Germain have a +23 goal difference after 5 games, impressive with Bayern in the group. 

Most games tonight have little at stake or would be a huge upset at best. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:26pm
I fancy a win for Celtic to at least end the group on a high.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Paris Saint Germain have a +23 goal difference after 5 games, impressive with Bayern in the group. 

Most games tonight have little at stake or would be a huge upset at best. 

Reports of some bother around the Hauptbahnhof between PSG and Bayern/Bordeaux fans.
Couple of arrests
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:26pm
Tonight is much the same as last night, nothing on in most groups. You'd expect Liverpool to beat Spartak handily enough...but then again...so for that reason it's probably the pick of the night
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Tonight is much the same as last night, nothing on in most groups. You'd expect Liverpool to beat Spartak handily enough...but then again...so for that reason it's probably the pick of the night

and it doesn't really matter about finishing 1st or 2nd now considering there are big teams in both pots
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:41pm
True Ali.

The knock out stages of the past few years have been good and it is shaping up nicely again for this year
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:43pm
Shakhtar would be a good bet tonight. Think they're 9/5

City will be fielding a reserve side I'd imagine, with the derby on Sunday. Shakhtar looked a good side at the Etihad

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:39pm
Darragh Moloney saying how he sort of feels sorry for Moreno with the criticism of him in the Sevilla 

Dunphy: "He's on a hundred grand a week Darragh, don't punch yourself over it"  

LOL

Always below the belt personal criticism from our Eamonn LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:07pm
Omg that's soooo funny, I'm soooo glad you took time out to post that

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

LOL

Glad it provoked the annoyance of the premier misery guts of Dundalk. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Jaysus Shoco.....touchy
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Darragh Moloney saying how he sort of feels sorry for Moreno with the criticism of him in the Sevilla 

Dunphy: "He's on a hundred grand a week Darragh, don't punch yourself over it"  

LOL

Always below the belt personal criticism from our Eamonn LOL

How is that below the belt
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:14pm
Dunphy has also said Liverpool fans have a real identity with their club, unlike Man Utd fans
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:16pm
Anybody know why the draw is on Monday. It was always on friday that i can remember
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:17pm
They changed it to Monday a year or two ago
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:20pm
Citeh let me down for a nice few quid, had the draw backed! 

Gabriel Jesus wasn't on form tonight......Ermm

Chelsea let me down last night, bastards! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 79>
  Share Topic