Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 17/18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 79>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:03am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

and he used to play with Sunderland 

Roy Keane played for Cobh.

My point being the reason for the GD's (Sunderland fan) love for him!!!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:25am
Video doing the rounds of Karius celebrating with the fans, and Henderson starts having a go at him for not coming for Kolarov's long ball Clap
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Video doing the rounds of Karius celebrating with the fans, and Henderson starts having a go at him for not coming for Kolarov's long ball Clap
Heard it was for diving before the peno was kicked.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 11:46am
Should be a great final as many have mentioned both teams have the firepower up front and the potential defensive vulnerabilities to be exploited.

Real have to be favorites mainly due to their experience.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:02pm
Karius was very poor last night. What was he at for the Naingolan goal?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:12pm
It was a great strike to be fair but it seemed like he thought it was going wide and was trying to run after it. Why, I don't know, because it's not as if they were chasing a goal. It was a poor attempt to parry the ball away for Dzeko's goal too. 
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It was a great strike to be fair but it seemed like he thought it was going wide and was trying to run after it. Why, I don't know, because it's not as if they were chasing a goal. It was a poor attempt to parry the ball away for Dzeko's goal too. 
It was a serious strike and don't think he would have got it regardless but the Dzeko one was atrocious goalkeeping
Some people just deserve a slap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:37pm
Well that has put the Karius improvements debate to bed. He made several mistakes and if Liverpool want to progress further he needs to be replaced. 

Another mad ole game in the ACL, the last few years have been excellent and this might be the best of the lot. Plenty of goals in the Final will top it off nicely 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:42pm
TAA pulled off a save that Karius could only dream of making. I think that in itself says quite a lot!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Has the making of a great final.
Two teams great at attacking but will concede sloopy goals.

Great season for Liverpool, second only to City.

You'll not be saying that if they finish fifth and lose the final.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Europa league football next season would be hilarious. They won't finish 5th though due to the GD
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Europa league football next season would be hilarious. They won't finish 5th though due to the GD

They are making hard work of 4th but they only need 2 pts from 2 games to make it.

EL for Chelsea. That’s 2 out of three seasons they have missed out on champions league football.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 3:59pm

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Jaysis, Liverpool win the first leg 3-0 and he's pissing himself thinking they are nailed on to win the competition 
You are easily the saddest human being on the planet there is absolutely no doubt about that at this stage. Do you recall your laughter when a few on here mentioned Liverpool as potential winners? No? Memory a bit hazy?

I'm still 100% certain they won't win it.

As for the saddest person on the planet comment, I think you should look inwards old man. All it took was me saying about how I didn't think Ederson was the best keeper in the PL and you've been 100% triggered LOLLOL 
Certain Liverpool won't win the CL you say? 100 percent certain you say? Interesting stuff this LOLLOLLOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Haney View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 4:09pm
Dave, any advice or links to bus companies about  getting from Chisinau to Kiev and back or hiring a lad to drive a car or minibus up  and back, got flights to Chisinau wed-sun for e273 and have the Cosmos booked e35 a night for a twin room
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 4:37pm
Get the train. Not sure how to go about booking it but there are multiple daily trains from Chisinau to Moscow that go via Kiev.

You can check the times at pass.rzd.ru but I really don't know how you go about booking it. You'd want to have it booked before you get out there because there's a risk it'll sell out if there are lots of people looking at it.

You can't book it online with Russian Railways. Well, you possibly can, but there's a serious problem with so doing, even if you can. The problem is that that train requires you to collect the tickets from a ticket office. You can't just get on the train with your online confirmation. And by ticket office, I mean a Russian Railways ticket office. In Russia.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 03 May 2018 at 4:45pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 5:01pm

Jaysis, Liverpool win the first leg 3-0 and he's pissing himself thinking they are nailed on to win the competition 
You are easily the saddest human being on the planet there is absolutely no doubt about that at this stage. Do you recall your laughter when a few on here mentioned Liverpool as potential winners? No? Memory a bit hazy?

I'm still 100% certain they won't win it.

As for the saddest person on the planet comment, I think you should look inwards old man. All it took was me saying about how I didn't think Ederson was the best keeper in the PL and you've been 100% triggered LOLLOL 
Certain Liverpool won't win the CL you say? 100 percent certain you say? Interesting stuff this LOLLOLLOL

Yeah I still think they'll lose to Real in the final but if they don't then fair play.

I can admit when I'm wrong as I never expected them to reach the final to be honest. I also don't really care if I said something a few weeks ago that didn't come to fruition so you can bump away
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:35am
It’s surprisingly very quiet on here about Liverpool.

What’s the predictions?

I think Liverpool have to attack. It’s the only way they can play.
They could win this by a few goals.

On the other hand Real know this and can look to sit back and counter attack. Madrid have more options.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:07am
Can see Real starting Bale and targeting the right side of Liverpool's defence. Zidane making noises about not altering the game plan too much, just focusing on keeping the ball better. I actually think they'd be better off being more direct with it, rather than trying to keep it in midfield, especially when Liverpool's pressing game will be full of energy in the first half.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 79>
  Share Topic