You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hangar or McCleans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Which one ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [40.00%]
9 [60.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hangar or McCleans
    Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:59am
Simple question really to those to travelled the last time which of these bars do you think is the better all round spot .
Myself who visited both I have to go with the Hangar myself as an outdoor setting really had it for me .
Now yer lots of Ex pats but hey it was decent enough now the service could be slow at times .
As for McCleans well only had one drink in there small bar but they did have decent bands I was told but small and pokey , now if you like to smoke 80 fags an hour without one touching your lips then this is the place for you .

Edited by Sham157 - 23 Jun 2017 at 12:17pm
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:32am
Murph its McClarens and the Hangar
If I could vote would go with McClarens
Food, Music, karaoke and not completely rammed like the Hangar was. That said, we always ended up in the Hangar

Edited by 9fingers - 23 Jun 2017 at 11:35am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:13pm
Gonna try sample a few other places this time..
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Murph its McClarens and the Hangar
If I could vote would go with McClarens
Food, Music, karaoke and not completely rammed like the Hangar was. That said, we always ended up in the Hangar
fixed
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:30pm
Did the one the American one own not shut down?

The strip was the place to be
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:31pm
Was only in McClarens once and seemed a nice spot. Tommy Feely doing the Sex Pistols 'GTSQ' karaoke was priceless with his purple died hair LOL. An absolute legend and total gent Clap

Thought the Hangar was a great spot and nice to sit out in even at night as it was still pretty warm.

The Wales-Austria match will be on after ours at 10.45pm so we'll be able to catch most of that after the match. 

Anyone try that Dublin pub which is a bit further out of the way from the other two? Looks nice enouigh in the inside but will probably be rammed given it's size. 

Edited by irishmufc - 23 Jun 2017 at 12:34pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

That's the Hangar bar.

According to google it's still open so hopefully it is. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:47pm

the rumour was untrue.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:05pm

Some great bars along there.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:11pm

Apart from the one that fleezed us! They were advertising bottles of grey goose at ridiculously cheap prices so we had a rake of bottles between us..the bill came then and it was really expensive, turns out they were giving us bottles of a different size..There was nearly a riot leaving the placeLOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Apart from the one that fleezed us! They were advertising bottles of grey goose at ridiculously cheap prices so we had a rake of bottles between us..the bill came then and it was really expensive, turns out they were giving us bottles of a different size..There was nearly a riot leaving the placeLOL

They were the right size! She just multiplied the price by ten even though it was clear on the menu
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:42pm

It was indeed apart from us all getting locked in that bar and been held to ransom to settle a ridiculous bill.  

But yeah the strip was very lively.

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:17pm
MacClarens for us deffo the Hangar was the slowest service and craziest way of paying for drink ive ever seen. Also loads of other bars and restaurants on the strip where MacClarens was. The craic there the night of the game was one of the best on any away trip.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:27pm
McClarens and Shardeni Street for us I think. We booked our digs with that area in mind so all good.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

MacClarens for us deffo the Hangar was the slowest service and craziest way of paying for drink ive ever seen. Also loads of other bars and restaurants on the strip where MacClarens was. The craic there the night of the game was one of the best on any away trip.

That rings a bell. I've vague memories of some obscure payment system. What was it again?

I don't really remember the service being that bad mind. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:37pm
I think it was you asked for a beer at the bar one girl would serve you then pass the bill onto someone on the till , so you had to pay the till person even thou your beer was at the other end of the bar . Now if you were sat outside you just paid the waitress .
 Only got messy when everyone turned up really .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:10pm
They had a bar outside with the same system but seeing as the two girls were standing next to each other it wasn't an issue. Their pizza after the match gave me the trots...pure filth!

McClarens for me next time. They have seats outside it as well albeit a much smaller section.

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Jun 2017 at 3:11pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 5:32pm
Avoid eating in the Hangar!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic