You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BleeperBikes Dublin city

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BleeperBikes Dublin city
    Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:16pm
I see the Chineese model has landed in Dublin, I saw a couple of the bikes up around where I live yesterday. Gonna download the app, I use the Dublin Bikes from time to time so a mix of both options could be good 

info here

So I have the app, there are a lot of the bikes most of them are in the city, but there some in Terenure, Rathmines and other places where there are no Dublin bikes..so looks like it'll be handy for locations outside of the Dublin Bikes scheme 

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 21 Jun 2017 at 1:17pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 3:17pm
Yeah, it's the areas that don't have DBs that will be best for this.

The big concern is drink cycling: they'll have to time restrict it like DB, otherwise it'll be a total disaster at 3am on a Saturday night.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:36pm
Did the DCC not put the launch of this on hold?
Edit;
http://www.thejournal.ie/bleeperbike-launch-delay-dublin-2-3452937-Jun2017/

Edited by 9fingers - 21 Jun 2017 at 4:37pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The big concern is drink cycling: they'll have to time restrict it like DB, otherwise it'll be a total disaster at 3am on a Saturday night.

That's a very good point on the late night bikes. You could easily see one and think ah f**k it I'll grab the bike - I've cycled home manys a time after having a few too many on my own bike, it's not a very bright thing to do, so a novice cyclist grabbing one of those bikes could end in tragedy. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:13pm

What's the craic with parking them up? Is it true you can leave them anywhere in the city once they aren't causing an obstruction or on private grounds?
El Puto Amo
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That's a very good point on the late night bikes. You could easily see one and think ah f**k it I'll grab the bike - I've cycled home manys a time after having a few too many on my own bike, it's not a very bright thing to do, so a novice cyclist grabbing one of those bikes could end in tragedy. 

Yeah, it's total madness to do it. I've done it at times when I shouldn't have done it and woken up with little recollection of getting home. It's really stupid.

If you tried to cycle down Camden Street (with the taxis) or Harcourt Street (with the luas lines) at 3 or 4am, after a skinful, you're asking for trouble. They'd have to timelock them.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

What's the craic with parking them up? Is it true you can leave them anywhere in the city once they aren't causing an obstruction or on private grounds?

Ya anywhere at all. Just fire away
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic