You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bitcoin, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
    Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:10am
Anyone invested in this or any other crypto-currencies?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Anyone invested in this or any other crypto-currencies?

A year ago BTC was trading at 500 and now its nearly 3000.

Jim Cramer reckons the only way is up as its a great way to move money out of countries and transact anonymous. You can see the type of people who might be interested in it!

It has gone up too much in the last 3 months so not a buy now. 

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:13pm

Something ridiculous like if you bought $100 worth of it 7 years ago it would be worth $5million now.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:18pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:18pm
I was gonna start a thread on this, sick I didn't buy back in 2010 was thinking of like €1000 or so. 

The hardest bit is who to buy it from? Brokers and what have you 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Something ridiculous like if you bought $100 worth of it 7 years ago it would be worth $5million now.

Yeah just seen it was trading at 6 cents in 2011 and now at $3000 so thats right.

Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 1:02pm
Bought €500 worth about a year ago, when it went to €1,000 I sold. Happy that I doubled my money. Then I watched it continue to go up and up.

If there is a crash I'll be all over it but it's the waiting game for now
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 1:08pm
how did you go about buying it Fitz? 

Jesus it was 6 cent in 2011 Unhappy I was looking at it before the World Cup in 2010, f**king hell I could have made a good few bob on it. Would've chased out long before it got to the ridiculous price it is now
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 1:58pm
From what I can gather its not straight forward to buy - there is no stock or ETF that tracks it.

There is an app that allows you to set up a wallet and buy / sell it.

Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 5:10pm
I bought on Xapo.com, remember it being recommended when I was doing my research. Their app is pretty neat also, takes a sec to see the price of BTC when you open it.

The other thing I got was physical debit card which is linked to my Xapo account, so if there was anywhere which accepted Bitcoins I could use that card to pay if I wanted or in an ATM. The cash isn't locked down to online purchases.

I haven't really used the card though, my interest in Bitcoin is to make money which I've done only a tiny bit of.

I listened to Andreas Antonopoulos on the  Joe Rogan podcast who is an expert on Bitcoin and I got involved after that.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 7:43pm
Price seems to be way down the last 24 hours
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 10:24am
where do you check the prices? 
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 11:20am
Bitcoin is listed on normal fx exchanges like XE.com but www.coingecko.com or www.coinmarketcap.com lists all cryptocurrencies...
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 6:18pm
I buy on Coinbase, which is an exchange, then I transfer to Trezor which is the hardware wallet I bought to hold my coins so no danger from hackers or from exchanges running into difficulty like Mt Gox did. 

Check out https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/ that has a good guide of the best exchanges for where you are in the world and the pros/cons of each.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 12:53pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 1:07pm
Another cryptocurrency Ethereum crashed in June.

It went from $350 to 10 cents and back up again on the same day..... I seen some people on twitter claiming they got in on the low.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Another cryptocurrency Ethereum crashed in June.

It went from $350 to 10 cents and back up again on the same day..... I seen some people on twitter claiming they got in on the low.

Bhobshoite by any chance LOL
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:12am
BitVendo‏ @BitVendo 5 Jun 2014
More
New software update allows us to control the ATM 100% remotely :)
We have over 20,000 euros worth of #bitcoin ready to sell...
#ireland
0 replies 3 retweets 4 likes
Reply    Retweet 3   Like 4

girl from my home town set up bitvendo back a few years ago... im wondering how much she sold or kept.   packed up her stuff and moved to thailand last year ..   good god knows how much 20000 of bitcoin back then is worth now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic