You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 47>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:00am
Anyway , one good performance and result on Tuesday and we are in good shape again. We usually react to a bad game with a good one in double-headers . More of that Tuesday please
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:03am
Originally posted by uibhfaillian uibhfaillian wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

As usual a load of horsesh*te posts on here after a game. And as usual the blame game being played with the manager getting slated . Bollox. If you give any team 70% of the possession and they complete hundreds more passes than you there is absolutely nothing any manage in history can do about that. Too many players had a compete shocker and we were lucky to get a draw as a result of that . But yeah , let's blame the manager .

I'd normally be a supporter of MON but there's no excuses for him yesterday. Of course the players were on the pitch, but he did nothing on the sideline to change things. Ronnie Whelan was right in his analysis when he said if you're going to play long ball then Murphy should've been up front with Long and when you boot it long you push up midfielders to support them as they try to lay it off or hold it up front. We had no discernible game plan, the manager takes the blame for that. He has a chance to redeem himself with a win on Tuesday. If we fail to get a play off at the very least from the position we were in the Group, he has to go.

You have proven my point with your post . The midfielders should absolutely get up to support . They didn't . Do you honestly think the manager told them not to support the forwards ?
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:07am
This is the point where Glenn Whelan needs to be dropped, I've been in the camp of Whelan supporters for awhile now but after last night I've looked back and realised that we have been sh*te and awful to watch in almost every game he has started in the midfield (Bosnia at home would be the exception) yet when he is dropped and we play McCarthy or Meyler in his position we suddenly look a lot more threatening and up for the match, I can say with without any doubt at all that if Whelan starts on Tuesday we will not win and tbh we will be lucky to keep our unbeaten run intact which imo is irrelevant as right now we are in win or bust territory.
Hi Lads
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:09am
Shutup
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Shutup

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:22am
Hoolihan has to get at least a half hour as well. Brady should have been hooked for him.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:23am

Shutup
LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:24am
The amount of lads on the rag here after
an unsurprising result against a team that generally plays well against better teams.

I think first place is gone and would take a playoff now tbh which still wouldn't be a bad return for a 4th seed team. We're a limited team and results like this shouldn't be completely unexpected.

Hopefully we'll batter Serbia's goal on Tuesday but can't see anything more than a draw.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:29am
Yesterday was a carbon copy of Serbia away, and I put that result down to the players, this one however has to land at O Neills door.
Setting up to bypass the midfield in 30degree heat and against a side who showed they can play a bit while in Dublin and other games was simply wrong.

90 passes completed against Serbia in Belgrade.
150 passes completed against Georgia in Tbilisi, that's no fluke, no freak accident. Our players have proved at club level the can knock it around, but I think 4 consecutive passes completed was our best yesterday.
And it's all down to tactics and set up.

People don't like reading it or hearing it but we've been sh*te most of this campaign and somehow we are still in second place in the group, a group we could've easily won with a better manager, set up & game plan.

People using this to have a go at Glen Whelan are f**king clowns, likewise people amazed at how many of our players are in bad form for the national side aren't much better. It's no coincidence lads, it's been like that for a while

Edited by 9fingers - 03 Sep 2017 at 10:31am
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:29am

Shutup

I don't need to respond all I need is 2 click's, copy paste, add a little bit of writing and click send.
Hi Lads
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yesterday was a carbon copy of Serbia away, and I put that result down to the players, this one however has to land at O Neills door.
Setting up to bypass the midfield in 30degree heat and against a side who showed they can play a bit while in Dublin and other games was simply wrong.

150 passes completed against Georgia in Tbilisi, that's no fluke, no freak accident. Our players have proved at club level the can knock it around, but I think 4 consecutive passes completed was our best yesterday.

People don't like reading it or hearing it but we've sh*te most of this campaign and somehow we are still in second place in the group, a group we could've easily won with a better manager, set up & game plan.

People using this to have a go at Glen Whelan are f**king clowns, likewise people amazed at how many of our players are in bad form for the national side aren't much better. It's no coincidence lads, it's been long me that for a while

Pretty much called it after 15-20 mins but somehow it made that performance look decent.
Hi Lads
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Anyway , one good performance and result on Tuesday and we are in good shape again. We usually react to a bad game with a good one in double-headers . More of that Tuesday please
I think you are right on that one BB , I expect a real go at Serbia on Tuesday night I think everyone will be fired up .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:21am

People don't like reading it or hearing it but we've been sh*te most of this campaign and somehow we are still in second place in the group, a group we could've easily won with a better manager, set up & game plan.

People using this to have a go at Glen Whelan are f**king clowns, likewise people amazed at how many of our players are in bad form for the national side aren't much better. It's no coincidence lads, it's been like that for a while

Would agree with most of this but we've basically been playing this type of football under our last two managers. They must see in training that the players we have can't play poessesion football.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

Absolute dogsh*t. There's nobody can justify that.

A serious case has to be made now for excluding Englishmen from our team. No desire whatso ever. The days of Cascarino and John Aldridge are long gone. Get rid of the foreigners.

Seani Maguire and Daryl Horgan? Where were they? Anybody that follows football would have said that duo would have caused them problems all night. Seani would have probably bagged a hat trick against this lot. Talk about making a bags of it

f**k off you idiot. Is it you who gets to decide who is English or Irish? Sean Maguire was born in Luton. Which side of your fence does he fall on?

What are you on about ya plonk.

Seanie is Irish.

I'm talking about the Englishmen declaring for us. We can do without them these days.

If we had an open minded manager, with the likes of Wes, Horgan and Seanie starting in the 11. We beat a crowd like Georgia all day long.

Maguire is Irish, and he was born in Luton:
http://www.the42.ie/liverpool-fan-thrown-into-dressing-room-andy-carroll-2507001-Dec2015/

If his parents had stayed in England until he was 18, instead of moving back to Ireland, would that make him English or Irish?

All this blame the foreigners talk is embarrassing. Read a history book if you want to understand why we have so many players born outside Ireland.

Edited by DeclanDaly - 03 Sep 2017 at 11:31am
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:28am
We kicked off the start of the 2nd half.  Now you would think given a verbal tonguelashing at half time the message would be to hold onto the ball better.  No.  Straight from the kick off in the 2nd half we played a 50 yard long ball up to Long and the ball was lost.  Top top football on show.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:44am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Would agree with most of this but we've basically been playing this type of football under our last two managers. They must see in training that the players we have can't play poessesion football.

So we are basically the only side in UEFA outside of the 6th seeds who can only do long ball and nothing else... how realistic does that sound? Against Italy & France we didn't play long ball and look how we played.
Hi Lads
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:58am
After sleeping on it last night its mad to think that despite the awful performance did we not have the best chances? I dont really remember Randolph making save after save despite the possession stats. We had McCleans header, Longs header and McGeadys chance. That is the only positive I can take. Georgia were shooting from long range for the most part or swinging crosses in from 40 yards out.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:04pm
All well and good but what on earth was stopping them being fired up yesterday?

We are only capable of playing well when we dig ourselves a hole either within a game or on the back of a poor performance. 

Says a lot about the attitude of the manager who has them playing like they are in a straight jacket for almost every game despite talking too much

I am not a football snob and find teams passing the ball in circles going nowhere utterly boring but we are not even playing good direct football.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 47>
  Share Topic