You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 47>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 3:10am
Absolute dogsh*t. There's nobody can justify that.

A serious case has to be made now for excluding Englishmen from our team. No desire whatso ever. The days of Cascarino and John Aldridge are long gone. Get rid of the foreigners.

Seani Maguire and Daryl Horgan? Where were they? Anybody that follows football would have said that duo would have caused them problems all night. Seani would have probably bagged a hat trick against this lot. Talk about making a bags of it
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 3:24am
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

A serious case has to be made now for excluding Englishmen from our team. No desire whatso ever. The days of Cascarino and John Aldridge are long gone. Get rid of the foreigners.

Seani Maguire and Daryl Horgan? Where were they? Anybody that follows football would have said that duo would have caused them problems all night. Seani would have probably bagged a hat trick against this lot. Talk about making a bags of it

f**k off you idiot. Is it you who gets to decide who is English or Irish? Sean Maguire was born in Luton. Which side of your fence does he fall on?
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 3:25am
Granted, Arter was dogsh*t again tonight, and Walters and Christie were no great shakes either, but Brady, Whelan, Ward and Duffy - all born and bred here - were brutal as well. Your point is a bit ridiculous, to be fair! The people that need to go are the gobsh*tes on the sideline.
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 3:32am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

f**k off you idiot. Is it you who gets to decide who is English or Irish? Sean Maguire was born in Luton. Which side of your fence does he fall on?

What are you on about ya plonk.

Seanie is Irish.

I'm talking about the Englishmen declaring for us. We can do without them these days.

If we had an open minded manager, with the likes of Wes, Horgan and Seanie starting in the 11. We beat a crowd like Georgia all day long.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 5:46am
Ohhhhh dear I woke up this morning thinking I was having a bad dream but no I had Georgia on my mind .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 7:43am
Originally posted by AlanOB AlanOB wrote:

Analysis of another incoherent Irish performance -- General O'Neill's luck is finally running out: https://t.co/hBIc3VUrJB - http://bit.ly/2eyiadJ 
More coherent than your attempt at posting a link.

Edit: As irked as I was by the use of the word 'General', that is pretty accurate.

Edited by pre Madonna - 03 Sep 2017 at 8:12am
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:26am
Since Robbie Brady took that number 10 jersey he's been brutal for us.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:27am
Not saying Seani or Conor Hourihane or Liam Kelly or Ryan Manning would have guaranteed us a victory last night, but ironic that it's a barely tested 17 year old given a chance by Coleman which has probably finished us.

God forbid we give anybody new a go off the bench, we'd rather leave them at home altogether in most cases.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:28am
Brady has been fairly sh!te the past year. Considering we have him in for his set pieces, they have been woeful by and large.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:31am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Since Robbie Brady took that number 10 jersey he's been brutal for us.
To be fair to him, he is a left winger and nothing else. He is being shunted around the pitch in the belief that he has to start and McClean can't be dropped and it isn't doing anybody any good.
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:36am
I do think we need to pretty much clear out a lot of guys like whelan for the Serbia game, what this team clearly lacks is desire and ambition and its guys like Whelan that are responsible for this, I've been in the camp that Whelan does all the unseen work etc but after last night that unseen work isn't good enough anymore.
Hi Lads
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Brady has been fairly sh!te the past year. Considering we have him in for his set pieces, they have been woeful by and large.

Can't believe how bad his set pieces are.
That's pretty standard stuff - a few decent crosses into the box and we could have tested their defence more which I think is poor.

Everything we did yesterday looked amateur.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:06am
As usual a load of horsesh*te posts on here after a game. And as usual the blame game being played with the manager getting slated . Bollox. If you give any team 70% of the possession and they complete hundreds more passes than you there is absolutely nothing any manage in history can do about that. Too many players had a compete shocker and we were lucky to get a draw as a result of that . But yeah , let's blame the manager .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:13am
The manager has set the team out to play this way and has done so in every game this year so yeah it is the manager's fault, one off fair enough but this has been a problem for 8 months and nothing has been done to rectify it.
Hi Lads
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

As usual a load of horsesh*te posts on here after a game. And as usual the blame game being played with the manager getting slated . Bollox. If you give any team 70% of the possession and they complete hundreds more passes than you there is absolutely nothing any manage in history can do about that. Too many players had a compete shocker and we were lucky to get a draw as a result of that . But yeah , let's blame the manager .

Ironic that this is one of the biggest culprits of a horsesh*t post. Players are to blame for playing the EXACT same way in every game except for the away games against Austria and Moldova?

Is his the first game you have watched this campaign? Can you tell me how tonight was different to how we played vs Austria at home/Wales at home/Serbia away? Answer - it wasn't. Same approach, same result.

Wierd isnt it that most of these players pass it at club level. Do you think they show up and decide to hoof it for the week or do you think that management tells them to sit back and go long? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that its coming from a manager who has done this at club level for a long time. Did you watch Sunderland under him? I seriously doubt it.

Questions are rightly being asked of the manager. To serve up the tripe that he has in this campaign is fine when we are winning. End justifies the means. But play that way and probably throw away qualification and questions should be asked of this management team.

uibhfaillian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfaillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:25am

I'd normally be a supporter of MON but there's no excuses for him yesterday. Of course the players were on the pitch, but he did nothing on the sideline to change things. Ronnie Whelan was right in his analysis when he said if you're going to play long ball then Murphy should've been up front with Long and when you boot it long you push up midfielders to support them as they try to lay it off or hold it up front. We had no discernible game plan, the manager takes the blame for that. He has a chance to redeem himself with a win on Tuesday. If we fail to get a play off at the very least from the position we were in the Group, he has to go.

Edited by uibhfaillian - 03 Sep 2017 at 9:26am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:40am

Yesterday was a team under instruction. Hit balls long. Get it into the channels.

You play long ball tactics then hoof the ball up to the one man attack of Shane Long.

When you play long ball you have to commit to it. Players need to be breaking from midfield in support of breaking balls. Or at least have 2 up front.

Yesterday was just an excercise in giving the ball away.

If you think yesterday's performance was not management related then God help you.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:51am
I never said the management covered themselves in glory lads .

Everyone got it wrong last night - players , staff . Even the fans in the stands who were quiet for most of the 2nd half (understandably). The most important fact of the matter and the one that had most impact on the result is the fact that the players played badly. Seriously , I doubt some of yee have ever kicked a ball or sat in a dressing room.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 47>
  Share Topic