You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 47>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:28pm
Analysis of another incoherent Irish performance -- General O'Neill's luck is finally running out: https://t.co/hBIc3VUrJB - http://bit.ly/2eyiadJ 
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:38pm
Just desserts for Ireland there. Wales full value for the win. If we don't get a result vs Serbia we're in savage trouble
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:39pm
How did we manage to screw this up so badly?!
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:43pm
Not beating an Austrian team who were without numerous starters at home and not beating Georgia this evening will be the reason we won't finish even in the playoff. I am absolutely astounded at the attitude of the team and management towards the said games.
The only way is up
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:46pm
Wales understand the meaning of a must win game, thats why they won tonight and we didn't. I just can't get over how Ireland thought sitting back and defending  for 90 mins was ever going to work.
Hi Lads
ONLY1ROVERS View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONLY1ROVERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:54pm
Not a good performance or night but at the start of the campaign i am sure most would of taken the position we are in tonight. Tonights over lets get behind the team for Tuesday.
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 9:59pm
Hi everyone,

I can appreciate the raw emotion immediately after the game and everyone is entitled to their opinion!!

So....

Was it the worst ever Irish performance i've seen - no..!! Not by a long way!

Was it the worst ever Irish performance under MON - yes, i think so.

Thee appeared to be lots of management and player errors throughout the 96 mins.

players to blame for - the inability to pass, defend, pay attention, support and do the very basics.

Manager to blame for - the team selection, performance, inability to change things when it was obvious that our defending was putting us under massive pressure. Inability to make subs earlier and overall negative attitude towards going for 3 points.

When you consider we had a dream start, many good sides would have built on this, defended from the front and picked off the opposition - who collapsed when they went behind against Serbia in the late stages of that game. For unfathomable reasons, Ireland retreated and gave EVERY initiative to Georgia.

With the exception of McClean (he actually led whilst virtually every other player hid by their attitude) the entire team who played and the entire management team need to reflect on that train wreck tonight. They HAVE to turn up collectively against Serbia or we will lose. All of them owe it to themselves to improve massively and put in a shift that they can be proud of, regardless of the result. 

True - we didn't lose. True - we got another away point.  However, the two points we threw away could prove very costly at the end of the campaign.

A very disappointing night, made all the worse by Wales' result tonight.

Keep the faith!!

PS -the players' body language at the end of the game showed their disappointment as well. Hopefully they will use that as a catalyst against Serbia.

PPS - MONs disappointing behaviour with TOD also revealed his disappointment with the result and performance. MON let himself down badly tonight. His team were appalling and he knew it - TOD just happened to be the man with the mike!!

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by ONLY1ROVERS ONLY1ROVERS wrote:

Not a good performance or night but at the start of the campaign i am sure most would of taken the position we are in tonight. Tonights over lets get behind the team for Tuesday.
bull. I hate it when people say that. You have to take it on the games that come. We were beyond muck today. I was actually embarressed watching us today and i never thought id say that.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:00pm
I really can't see us even getting 2nd if we dont win on Tuesday and tbh its what we deserve after these last 3 games.
Hi Lads
galwayman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote galwayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:14pm
The surprise for me - is that people are surprised at the way Ireland played tonight.
This team has NEVER passed the ball under MON.
They have always been a direct, long ball team who feed off scraps and second balls & set pieces.
This simply has to come from the manager. Every team that plays passing football does so as it is their managers philosophy. It is obviously not O Neills philosophy on the game.
Don't tell me that a team of professional footballers can't string a sequence of passes together. O Neill obviously instructs them to lump it forward, otherwise they wouldn't do it.
Its gas if we did that on my Sunday league team our manager would lose the plot with us.
We're absolutely sh*te to watch. Absolutely dire. Several of my friends who would be football fans have stopped watching the team because they can't stand watching a team that represents our country in their own main sport playing like a bunch of bottom division Sunday morning league hackers who can barely control the ball!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:15pm
We're in trouble in this group now
Most likely a draw at best on Tuesday and Wales will beat Moldova
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:20pm
We have to win and still hope other results go our way.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:26pm
One thing that annoyed me the last few days was Randolph and couple more players saying it wasn't about the performance but about the result in Tbilisi. That's utter nonsense. The performance leads to the result. It may even have subconsciously have reflected in the way they performed.
All good professional teams talk about performing well and doing their jobs individually to ensure this. If all that was being preached in the Irish dressing room was to get the result then players may not have been focusing on the roles they each had to perform. Now maybe that was just a soundbite but I heard it a couple of times. Ah, it's a small point on a bad night but they need to individually and collectively focus on producing a performance on Tuesday and if they do then the result should follow, not the other way round.
It was a bad night. Tuesday needs to be a better one.
We'll all be optimistic and in full voice come Tuesday.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

Hi everyone,

I can appreciate the raw emotion immediately after the game and everyone is entitled to their opinion!!

So....

Was it the worst ever Irish performance i've seen - no..!! Not by a long way!

Was it the worst ever Irish performance under MON - yes, i think so.

Thee appeared to be lots of management and player errors throughout the 96 mins.

players to blame for - the inability to pass, defend, pay attention, support and do the very basics.

Manager to blame for - the team selection, performance, inability to change things when it was obvious that our defending was putting us under massive pressure. Inability to make subs earlier and overall negative attitude towards going for 3 points.

When you consider we had a dream start, many good sides would have built on this, defended from the front and picked off the opposition - who collapsed when they went behind against Serbia in the late stages of that game. For unfathomable reasons, Ireland retreated and gave EVERY initiative to Georgia.

With the exception of McClean (he actually led whilst virtually every other player hid by their attitude) the entire team who played and the entire management team need to reflect on that train wreck tonight. They HAVE to turn up collectively against Serbia or we will lose. All of them owe it to themselves to improve massively and put in a shift that they can be proud of, regardless of the result. 

True - we didn't lose. True - we got another away point.  However, the two points we threw away could prove very costly at the end of the campaign.

A very disappointing night, made all the worse by Wales' result tonight.

Keep the faith!!

PS -the players' body language at the end of the game showed their disappointment as well. Hopefully they will use that as a catalyst against Serbia.

PPS - MONs disappointing behaviour with TOD also revealed his disappointment with the result and performance. MON let himself down badly tonight. His team were appalling and he knew it - TOD just happened to be the man with the mike!!

You can tell you're an Arsenal fan..
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:32pm
Why do we always make these minnows look like a good team
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Why do we always make these minnows look like a good team
no we make minnows look like great teams.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:41pm
Georgia having almost 70% possession is a shocking statistic. That's the type of possession you would be giving up to a team like Germany, France or Portugal.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 10:50pm
We have had no interest in playing football what so ever for the last 3 matches, truly shocking run just amazing we have managed to remain unbeaten. That better change on Tuesday or else we can forget about Russia.
Hi Lads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 47>
  Share Topic