You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia v Ireland - 2 September
    Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:28pm
We've no suspensions for this one, and only Coleman guaranteed out at this stage.  Georgia have Kankava, a defensive midfielder, out.  

In our favour is that Georgia's slim chance of second is effectively over after drawing with Moldova.  But on the other hand, they do owe us one...

Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:45pm
Georgia owe us one and i fear its going to come in september but if were any good we should be winning this game

its going to be a tough one 
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:57pm
If i have to listen to georgia owe us one till sept ill go off my head. No they dont owe us one. They get what these deserve. If we play half decent we should win the game.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

If i have to listen to georgia owe us one till sept ill go off my head. No they dont owe us one. They get what these deserve. If we play half decent we should win the game.
+1. Does my f**king head in.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:14pm
Agreed. They just drew 2-2 with Moldova. These teams should be put to the sword. Wales, for one, know this. A Uruguay type performance would have them dead and buried.

We need to stop giving certain teams more respect than they deserve. It's getting boring now, this whole Georgia are out to get us sh!te.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:20pm
Watched highlights of Georgia vs Moldova, they were shocking. if we don't come away with 3 points then i'd be massively surprised.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:36pm
Georgia have 3 points in this group. 

We really have to be beating them. Moldova have drawn with them twice.

Wales fans are really kicking themselves over dropping points to Georgia, especially after that draw with Moldova today.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Georgi View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Georgi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 3:17am
Hello peeps, It's almost been a year already. I'll just give a few updates to the folks here, who seem convinced that you guys will definitely win against us in September.

don't be deceived by our performances, we've been missing our best players. Plus we never play well against teams that are our level or weaker. We like to step it up against bigger guys.

Having said that here's how you can predict the outcome of the Septembers encounter.

when the time comes look for these names in Georgia roster:
Okriashvili - Great attacking threat + scores a lot
Ananidze - Top playmaker
Arabidze - Future top playmaker
Mchedlidze - Has found his scoring touch this year
Kakabadze - Good wing back
Gvilia - Defensive midfield, very good passer

if they're all there that means we will have a good chance to win(and I mean actual good chance not some deluded fanboy bs) and we will go all out. If not that means we're either full of injuries or we're just experimenting for future which means comfy win for Ireland.

Oh and, we do owe you.... more than one

either way good luck.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:34am
While this is no guarantee, we should be beat Georgia. They have one of the worst defences I've seen in international football. Walters was isolated until Murphy came on yesterday. We need to have two up front from the start against these.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

While this is no guarantee, we should be beat Georgia. They have one of the worst defences I've seen in international football. Walters was isolated until Murphy came on yesterday. We need to have two up front from the start against these.
I don't know Frank, they do owe us one....
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:39am
Agreed. 4-4-2 against these and smash them from the start. Will I be nervous, yes. But if we don't get 3 points out there we don't deserve to go to Russia.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:39am

Agree, wasn't until Murphy came on that he actually got support and the headers he was winning weren't just aimless knockdowns to no one
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:40am
They owe us f**k all! 3 points..........
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:41am
Murphy has no mobility. Honest lad but offers little other than holding up play.

We missed Long last night badly.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:41am
Only thing though is with Murphy and Walters we had feck all pace up there, hopefully Long is fit so he can play off Walters as I'd think that would work a hell of a lot better.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Georgi Georgi wrote:

Hello peeps, It's almost been a year already. I'll just give a few updates to the folks here, who seem convinced that you guys will definitely win against us in September.

don't be deceived by our performances, we've been missing our best players. Plus we never play well against teams that are our level or weaker. We like to step it up against bigger guys.

Having said that here's how you can predict the outcome of the Septembers encounter.

when the time comes look for these names in Georgia roster:
Okriashvili - Great attacking threat + scores a lot
Ananidze - Top playmaker
Arabidze - Future top playmaker
Mchedlidze - Has found his scoring touch this year
Kakabadze - Good wing back
Gvilia - Defensive midfield, very good passer

if they're all there that means we will have a good chance to win(and I mean actual good chance not some deluded fanboy bs) and we will go all out. If not that means we're either full of injuries or we're just experimenting for future which means comfy win for Ireland.

Oh and, we do owe you.... more than one

either way good luck.

Good man Georgi Burgess Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:42am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I don't know Frank, they do owe us one....
AngryLOL

As You Were
Three in a row
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:44am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Agreed. 4-4-2 against these and smash them from the start. Will I be nervous, yes. But if we don't get 3 points out there we don't deserve to go to Russia.

Totally agree.

If we line up 4-5-1 and draw with them its our own fault.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
  Share Topic