You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia v Ireland - 2 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 47>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:16pm
You know what....some Irish fans haven't a clue. Seriously painful. The same people who slate MON backed Trap. Talk about hypocrisy. Same as Brady calling for Wes, like f%ck off. 

We played at the cross against Belarus before we left for France. We lost and we were pathetic. Doom and gloom, we won't get a point out in France..Bla bla bla. 

What happened in France?

Aviva will be buzzing Tuesday. Of course we can do it, we as a nation are always up against it but we seem to always pull a result out of the bag. We never make things easy but we have to believe. I know I do. Team and tactics will always divide opinion. We expect the football to be football to be like Brazil with players who are suited to a championship side. 

MON knows what is at stake. We have to win Tuesday. If we lose we are out more or less, well scrapping for 2nd. I will reserve judgment on the future on MON until after Tuesday and maybe after Wales. We aren't bottom and we certainly aren't out. 

GET a grip. We are Ireland....has this ever been any different? 

Sponsored Links

Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:18pm
Moldova away will be tricky for Wales aswell, can't see them slipping up out there but you never know. At home it's an almost certain win but in Chisinau who knows. All we have now is hope thats to the Irish team f**king up so royally the last year or so.
Hi Lads
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

Hi everyone,

I can appreciate the raw emotion immediately after the game and everyone is entitled to their opinion!!

So....

Was it the worst ever Irish performance i've seen - no..!! Not by a long way!

Was it the worst ever Irish performance under MON - yes, i think so.

Thee appeared to be lots of management and player errors throughout the 96 mins.

players to blame for - the inability to pass, defend, pay attention, support and do the very basics.

Manager to blame for - the team selection, performance, inability to change things when it was obvious that our defending was putting us under massive pressure. Inability to make subs earlier and overall negative attitude towards going for 3 points.

When you consider we had a dream start, many good sides would have built on this, defended from the front and picked off the opposition - who collapsed when they went behind against Serbia in the late stages of that game. For unfathomable reasons, Ireland retreated and gave EVERY initiative to Georgia.

With the exception of McClean (he actually led whilst virtually every other player hid by their attitude) the entire team who played and the entire management team need to reflect on that train wreck tonight. They HAVE to turn up collectively against Serbia or we will lose. All of them owe it to themselves to improve massively and put in a shift that they can be proud of, regardless of the result. 

True - we didn't lose. True - we got another away point.  However, the two points we threw away could prove very costly at the end of the campaign.

A very disappointing night, made all the worse by Wales' result tonight.

Keep the faith!!

PS -the players' body language at the end of the game showed their disappointment as well. Hopefully they will use that as a catalyst against Serbia.

PPS - MONs disappointing behaviour with TOD also revealed his disappointment with the result and performance. MON let himself down badly tonight. His team were appalling and he knew it - TOD just happened to be the man with the mike!!

You can tell you're an Arsenal fan..
LOLLOLLOL

was it me moniker which gave it away... 

nah, the difference between supporting Ireland and Arsenal is that i've wanted Wenger out for about 7 years, whereas I don't want MON out.......yet...LOLLOLWinkWink
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
raclle View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

I love points

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raclle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:35pm
Looking back on the game its like we played for the draw. There was no fighting spirit today and we seemed totally flat. The formation as usual didnt suit the style of play. Not sure where we go from here considering the bad performances so far in the group.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:36pm
Moldova isn't as straight forward as San Marino or Gibraltar where 3 points are guaranteed before a ball is kicked.

Look Wales will still more than likely beat them but it's not a formality that they just have to turn up.....

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:40pm
Shocking performance and more shocking defending for the goal. No tackles and no jostling for the ball in the lead up to the goal.

Game still the same beat Serbia but can't see that if we play like we did today.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:42pm
Yet another laughable embarassing performance.

Beyond pathetic. Out played by Georgia.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:43pm
The problem with playing Serbia is we really havent played well at all in 2017 and after this sh*tty result we are expected to chuck that all out the window and suddenly play well enough to beat Serbia, really struggling to see it but its all or nothing, a draw is pretty much a defeat imo.
Hi Lads
YouGirlsInGreen View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YouGirlsInGreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**king pathetic comments from some on here
+1. Some absolute dickheads on this forum.

Lads, can you blame some of the comments? Lads are emotionally/financially/personally invested in the team. That was pure and utter sh*te and it's all too common.

Can't wait for Tuesday when I've to arrange my professional and personal life to watch more of that dross.

Ps, MON is again being incredibly disrespectful to TOD here who has a right to ask the questions

No problem with the team being criticised. Do have a problem with some of the words like Treason being used and false comparisons being made to Liechtenstein in 1995

Posts coming in thick and fast so missed the "treason" post and/or similar.

Hope the travelling support have the best night of their lives because they f**king deserve it.
I don't mean to get personal but I'm sick and tired of comments like "I stopped watching at HT" and "why bother showing up next week". Yes, we were muck tonight and I'm extremely frustrated but Tuesday night we go again.

Agree. We were absolute muck, shocking, terrible etc etc. I was at the game tonight and it's definitely up there with the worst performance. But not close to the unbelievable spectacle at full time when the team walked towards the crowd clapping and 3 lads at fromy of crowd started booing sticking their fingers up and calling them all c**ts. When we objected we were told lads had paid their money and deserved to give their opinion. Never in all my years going have I been so ashamed. Absolutely disgraceful. I'm unbelievably disappointed but if I ever see that s**t again I'll knock them out.

To Tuesday.. and we go again.

Edited by YouGirlsInGreen - 02 Sep 2017 at 11:59pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:02am
It was the manner of tbe performance or lack off. It just wasnt acceptable at all. It was hard to watch. The spaces that georgia had to play..it was just unbelievable. If i travelled all that way and watched that i would be pretty upset too. Im still lost for words how it developed.

Edited by doherty - 03 Sep 2017 at 12:02am
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 12:03am
The performance was embarrassingly poor tonight but doing what those assholes did tonight was a over the line, the players are more ashamed of the performance as anyone and kicking them when they are down won't do anyone any good. We win next week and we are just about in the driving seat.
Hi Lads
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:03am
The played us off the park at home,and wales at home too, Austria also but just got unlucky. They are actually a decent team. We were very lucky to get a point. I'm shocked at how people are so surprised tbh.

However we were like rag arse rovers. Some of the tactical decisions were baffling. A lot of poor individual performances. But it's not a big a travesty as some make out tbh. Some of the comments are ridiculous tbh. And absolute spanners in the crowd booing the team and giving them the finger. Seriously what sort of absolute cunnts do that to a team that has given us so many good moments in the last 18 months.

Edited by Citizen - 03 Sep 2017 at 1:04am
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:09am
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Worst Ireland performance I've ever seen. I couldn't even be arsed going into why etc, they're not worth my time after that
worth your time? What the time spent watching it on your sofa you t**ser.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:10am
Nothing wrong with booing the team after that monstrosity of a performance. Grow a pair ffs.

Thanks to Martin O'Neill for letting down my accumulator for 420 quid. ****
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 1:13am
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Nothing wrong with booing the team after that monstrosity of a performance. Grow a pair ffs.

Delighted for you.

RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:16am
A terrible performance and no positives except we somehow got a draw. One thing that stood out to me was at the end when the ball was going out of play the players were in no rush to get the ball, it's like they settled for the draw which is unusual as when we need a goal we always have a go, at one point with less than a minute to go Stephen Ward was fixing his hair. What exactly is O'Neill being payed for if there's no tactics no gameplan and no fluency, we conceded nearly 80% possession to a team that's about 100 places below us in the rankings, that is simply outrageous. it's the same problems over and over, Walters is shocking on the wing, Ward tucks in and leaves the left side exposed,Our midfield are unable to hold onto the ball, Whelan offers nothing,Hoolahan our most gifted player is constantly benched for 'workers', overall we have a Stone Age approach to our football which needs to change.
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:30am
Originally posted by RKeane RKeane wrote:

A terrible performance and no positives except we somehow got a draw. One thing that stood out to me was at the end when the ball was going out of play the players were in no rush to get the ball, it's like they settled for the draw which is unusual as when we need a goal we always have a go, at one point with less than a minute to go Stephen Ward was fixing his hair. What exactly is O'Neill being payed for if there's no tactics no gameplan and no fluency, we conceded nearly 80% possession to a team that's about 100 places below us in the rankings, that is simply outrageous. it's the same problems over and over, Walters is shocking on the wing, Ward tucks in and leaves the left side exposed,Our midfield are unable to hold onto the ball, Whelan offers nothing,Hoolahan our most gifted player is constantly benched for 'workers', overall we have a Stone Age approach to our football which needs to change.

This time next year as we kick off our Euro campaign, I'd bet my house that not one of the people mentioned will be involved in the Irish set up. 
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

Delighted for you.

exactly. who gives a f**k about ur accumulator u ****. This is about the world cup. f**k off.

Edited by rolo - 03 Sep 2017 at 3:00am
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 47>
  Share Topic