Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorld Cup Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 10:31am
1986 World Cup was take off Colombia in 1985 and given to Mexico so there is a precedent for this.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

1986 World Cup was take off Colombia in 1985 and given to Mexico so there is a precedent for this.

Colombia couldn’t afford it - the country was broke.

Qatar are in a completely different boat.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 11:31am

Taken off them in early 1983. So had 3 years preparation 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Id imagine less red tape as well back then 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

And a lot more Shenanigans as well. Canada and the US put in separate bids 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:43pm

Never knew Fergie was Scotland manager for WC86
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Never knew Fergie was Scotland manager for WC86
He was Stein's assistant for Scotland when he died in Cardiff, a night that had a huge impact on him.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Colombia couldn’t afford it - the country was broke.

Qatar are in a completely different boat.

Yeah, not suggesting it's going to happen or situation is comparable. Just pointing out it has been switched previously.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:04pm
Hi lads, recently returned back from a week long visit to Qatar. Visited some of the World Cup stadia, facilities along with the Aspire Academy and meeting with the commercial director of PSG amongst other things. Prior to visiting I was very apprehensive obviously because of what had been purported in the media. Having returned however I can only say I have been blown away from the experience as a whole. Naturally not everything is running smoothly behind the scenes but it is nowhere near as what we are led to believe.

I have written a blog post on the week's events. Attached below is part one. Please feel free to offer feedback I hope it's a good insight as to the country itself and what they have planned in accordance with 2022. Any questions you have please ask, I am only excited to offer any useful insights I may have and elaborate on my experience. Thanks.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Hi lads, recently returned back from a week long visit to Qatar. Visited some of the World Cup stadia, facilities along with the Aspire Academy and meeting with the commercial director of PSG amongst other things. Prior to visiting I was very apprehensive obviously because of what had been purported in the media. Having returned however I can only say I have been blown away from the experience as a whole. Naturally not everything is running smoothly behind the scenes but it is nowhere near as what we are led to believe.

I have written a blog post on the week's events. Attached below is part one. Please feel free to offer feedback I hope it's a good insight as to the country itself and what they have planned in accordance with 2022. Any questions you have please ask, I am only excited to offer any useful insights I may have and elaborate on my experience. Thanks.

I would say the lads building the stadia would have a slightly different view.The ones who are still alive. The dead ones would probably go along with it. They are quite passive about the whole thing.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:39pm

Find it a bit perverse to be honest, like a propaganda piece.

Fast forward one week and many including yours truly have had our questions answered emphatically

Did they answer your questions about the huge amount of deaths, labour camps and system of bonded labour they utilise to build the stadia? I know you cover it later on but bit worrying to accept it at face value.

The importance of CSR were ascertained.

You can't be serious....
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:47pm
Are you Richard Keys?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Are you Richard Keys?

LOL

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:37pm
Red or blue pill? 

JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:43pm

https://conorwalsh26.wixsite.com/thelowdown/single-post/2019/01/28/ONE-WEEK-IN-DOHA-%E2%80%93-PART-ONE?fbclid=IwAR1GjIGuRyTAbWaDpI7TpHiHnodHD6qB03JgjgUxDdFJgDs6qcmcu-bU1UI - https://conorwalsh26.wixsite.com/thelowdown/single-post/2019/01/28/ONE-WEEK-IN-DOHA-%E2%80%93-PART-ONE?fbclid=IwAR1GjIGuRyTAbWaDpI7TpHiHnodHD6qB03JgjgUxDdFJgDs6qcmcu-bU1UI

The Qataris must have brainwashed you over there!
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:09pm
Oh my god get the boat you soulless immoral pr*ck!
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:18pm

They could organise the greatest World Cup ever seen and everyone visiting could have a brilliant time. It still doesn't take away from the fact that it is a theocratic, absolute monarchy where people can be flogged for having consensual sex with someone they are not married to, where you can be executed for engaging in homosexual activity or being an apostate from Islam, where if you are a woman who has been raped you can end up in prison for "fornication" and need to have 4 Muslim men to testify that they witnessed the rape to avoid jail, where you can be imprisoned for blasphemy. I'm sure there is plenty I've left out. 

That's before you get onto their use of actual slaves to build their stadiums. You don't address the conditions of the workers or the conditions they live and work in. You devoted one line about the reported death toll among the workers and that was just to state how your hosts told you that the number was grossly exaggerated. I'm sure a bunch of people who have no problem using slave labour wouldn't lie about something like that. 

Edited by the_walls - 30 Jan 2019 at 6:22pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:19pm
Auschwitz has a better human rights record than Qatar
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic