You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:27am
Jezzzzz Starmucks has to be the worst .

Costa and Neros are among best i would say .

Anyone to takes Milk or suger in their coffee is a to$$er ...............
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:24am
I like Starbucks coffee, probably because in work we had costa and I hated it and the Starbucks coffee was a lot smoother.

I wouldn't drink many of the main brands apart from Insomnia.

In spar and petrol station shops that sell Insomnia wouldn't be the same as what you'd get in the Insomnia coffee shops.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

My favourite coffee is a Cortado  but most places dont do it so I ask for a double espresso with so hot milk on the side and then pour in the required amount.  
Cafe Nero do them very tasty! Foam in Terenure do a great coffee too. Have to agree Starbucks is horrible coffee.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'm pretty much addicted to coffee at this stage too, was a nice little few minutes break in the middle of a boring office job as much as anything. Don't really drink it at the weekend. Over lockdown I've branched away from the milky coffees and had a lot more instant coffees. Nestle Azera is top notch for Americanos at home.

L'Or Intense or Lavazza Prontissimo (Silver can) would be some of the better instant coffees I've tried.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 9:01am
My favourite coffee is a Cortado  but most places dont do it so I ask for a double espresso with so hot milk on the side and then pour in the required amount.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 8:57am
I'm pretty much addicted to coffee at this stage too, was a nice little few minutes break in the middle of a boring office job as much as anything. Don't really drink it at the weekend. Over lockdown I've branched away from the milky coffees and had a lot more instant coffees. Nestle Azera is top notch for Americanos at home.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 8:57am
Nespresso first thing in the morning  on way to Gym, another Nespresso before work,  another Nespresso at about 3.30 and would have a Nespresso Decaf at about 8.30 that night before bed. Spend about €70 every 6 weeks on Coffee.

BTW all instant Coffees are generally absolute f**king muck and anyone who tells you different knows f**k all about Coffee. 

Didn't the poster Nero from many moons ago setup a few Coffee shops around Tipp? 

Edited by Yiksheemash - 13 Aug 2020 at 8:59am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 8:35am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ranking coffees that i regularly drink from best to worst

Costa
Frank and Honest
McDonalds
Barista Bar
Starbucks
Café Nero
The one from the machine in the shop part of the Applegreen

Think it depends on the country you're in tbh. McDonald'coffee is very nice at home but absolute p*ss abroad.

Starbucks is nicer in Dubai than it is in Ireland.

I like a strong tasting coffee so would have to say the worst I've ever tasted would be the one that you get from the machine in the Circle K garages, it's water with a subtle hint of coffee.

What I do there is take the cup away after the coffee has gone in and the water has to run.   it's not perfect but much nicer.

Edited by Baldrick - 13 Aug 2020 at 8:36am
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:19am
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Dont drink coffee, bar necking 5 or 6 espressos in the square in Bari many moons ago so I could stay awake, but a few in work drink loads and would prefer the coffee out of McDs than the Starbucks next door. 

Starbucks is sh1t
McDonald’s far better
Butlers used do a nice coffee.
Far too many places have boiling water that scorched the beans.
Was up around clifden there a few weeks back and stopped in a shack the side of the road miss heron understood on the fjord. 30 min queue but was worth it. Unreal coffee.

It's amazing how many places seem to do this considering it's common knowledge that you don't use boiling water to make a coffee.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:18am

Costa
Frank and Honest
McDonalds
Barista Bar
Starbucks
Café Nero

Think it depends on the country you're in tbh. McDonald'coffee is very nice at home but absolute p*ss abroad.

Starbucks is nicer in Dubai than it is in Ireland.

I like a strong tasting coffee so would have to say the worst I've ever tasted would be the one that you get from the machine in the Circle K garages, it's water with a subtle hint of coffee.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:47am
Starbucks is piss and I avoid at all costs.

Costa is the best of the big chains.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:16am
Starbucks is sh*te
Insomnia I like
Costa is ok

Van up at my job is very good first thing in the morning Clap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 12:09am
Can’t start my day without it tbh. Like somebody said before, an addiction. 

Whether it’s an nespresso at home or a coffee at a cafe, the day just isn’t right. 

Spend stupid money on it though but a good coffee is so worth it.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 11:52pm
I much prefer tea.  Hate that stale coffee smell you get on your breath from it. Also coffee dehydrates you more and gives me headaches after a while.

Tea is more refreshing.  I like a nice coffee now and then just for a change.  Would never drink it at home.

Nicest coffee is Costa imo or some of the independent places.   When I was in France for euro 2016 the French served nice coffee but you'd pay 4.50 for a tiny cup of it which was a 'regular'.  More like an espresso size!

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 11:50pm
I was drinking 4-6 cups a day but have cut it down to the morning coffee and another before hitting the gym on gym days.

Love it but trying to eat a more healthy natural diet last few weeks as I recover from the damage during lockdown and one of the things to cut back on or cut out ideally is the caffeine
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 11:18pm
Great coffee in moher cottage just about 2km after thr cliffs of moher as you are heading into liscannor.   Great views of liscannor bay too   
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 10:37pm

Costa
Frank and Honest
McDonalds
Barista Bar
Starbucks
Café Nero

Hate to sound like a coffee snob which I'm about to do but Costa is ****ish. I'm more of a tea person but whatever beans they use seems to have a burnt taste. That could also be a sign of excellent coffee and I like too much mild tasting sh*te LOL 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 10:28pm

Costa
Frank and Honest
McDonalds
Barista Bar
Starbucks
Café Nero

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic