You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bray Wanderers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:44pm
Hang on a second now i dont understand something here. Ok so the guy who put money in at the start of the season right, bray never had crowds ever anyway. So like had he a small pot of money and when thats gone im out?? I just dont get it. Usually if you have a money man you dont suddenly realise halfway through a season fcuk im out of money. again i ask the question what was the objective at the start of the season.
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Hang on a second now i dont understand something here. Ok so the guy who put money in at the start of the season right, bray never had crowds ever anyway. So like had he a small pot of money and when thats gone im out?? I just dont get it. Usually if you have a money man you dont suddenly realise halfway through a season fcuk im out of money. again i ask the question what was the objective at the start of the season.

He was never going to make money in the first place. I don't understand it myself.
Are the owners of any League of Ireland clubs making profit?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:00pm
They were using the club as a property play

Money was there for the year but no progress on selling the ground and 50k payout to mick cooke had him pull the cash is whag I've heard
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Bray UDC told the owners during the week that there was no chance of the Carlisle Grounds being used for apartments. Hence he is pulling out.
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 2:21pm
after the property bust i thought we had seen the last of these dickhead developers taking over clubs just so they could get their hands on the land the ground is on. even an organisation as incompetent as the fai should have seen this guy coming a mile away.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:06pm
Where's the fai at in respect to this. I know they can't go bailing failing clubs out every time it happens but surely the should have some sort of a fund to help clubs in a position like this. Maybe finance them in a way that the failing club can pay back a loan in instalments further down the line when the said club starts to revive itself. I mean we were reading how much the fai have bankrolled from the last euros only a couple of days ago. Support the league JD.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 3:29pm
I doubt the rest of the league and football community who run their affairs right would want to subsidise this carry on. It's up to the Bray fans to force these guys out.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

I doubt the rest of the league and football community who run their affairs right would want to subsidise this carry on. It's up to the Bray fans to force these guys out.

We tried, was protests outside the ground, nothing came of it

Now this has broken there'll be a renewed effort. The family behind the mcgettigan bar and hotel chain tried to buy us and were swindled out of their cash, what I'd do to have them behind us
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:24pm
They also disbanded the supporters club which makes organisation trickier
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 4:39pm
If players are contracted beyond this season, do they need to be paid out? Can they force the club into administration?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 6:47pm
Only Sligo, Pats and Harps have had no risk of bankruptcy in the last ten years.

Because of this, I would think it's good that many clubs don't own their own stadiums.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

If players are contracted beyond this season, do they need to be paid out? Can they force the club into administration?

No idea but very few players we couldn't ship out to another club there so unlikely to come to that
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

No idea but very few players we couldn't ship out to another club there so unlikely to come to that
thanks for the replies. Sad state of affairs but find it incredulous that finishing out the season with the u19's after releasing all players does not have a sanction. Many of our pre season targets went to Bray for more money than we would offer

Edited by Saint Tom - 02 Jul 2017 at 8:13pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Some clubs unfortunately will never have a fan base.
While this is true , expecting fans to turn up just because they were playing well and high up the table was incredibly naive by the board. If you are to believe what the chairman said in his interview about the club not being sustainable over the poor crowds , the people running the club have being exposed as pure f**king clowns. Why didn't the club just live within its means as others do with a view to exceeding expectations some times ? LOI clubs have spent money they didn't have in the past and went to the wall or nearly did so its not as if it hasn't happened before. The aim should be to increase attendances and build on that , but as Bray fans have said , the owners done everything they could to alienate supporters including dismembering fan groups. It was all to do with the ground. Feel sorry for the few supporters they have being treated like this.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Some clubs unfortunately will never have a fan base.

While this is true , expecting fans to turn up just because they were playing well and high up the table was incredibly naive by the board. If you are to believe what the chairman said in his interview about the club not being sustainable over the poor crowds , the people running the club have being exposed as pure f**king clowns. Why didn't the club just live within its means as others do with a view to exceeding expectations some times ? LOI clubs have spent money they didn't have in the past and went to the wall or nearly did so its not as if it hasn't happened before. The aim should be to increase attendances and build on that , but as Bray fans have said , the owners done everything they could to alienate supporters including dismembering fan groups. It was all to do with the ground. Feel sorry for the few supporters they have being treated like this.

They should have known due to recent league history.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:51pm

Only Sligo, Pats and Harps have had no risk of bankruptcy in the last ten years.

Because of this, I would think it's good that many clubs don't own their own stadiums.
You forgot UCD.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You forgot UCD.
don't all the above own their grounds?
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

It was up to the FAI not to let them in the door in the first place. Absolute shambles from the most incompetent sporting organisation in the country.

Loading this on Bray fans is a joke
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
  Share Topic