You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bray Wanderers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:14pm
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:24pm
And so it begins...

Eerily reminiscent of Lucifer Kilcoyne. 'We can't keep investing this much in - look at the (artificially low) attendances. Either more punters come to games or we cash out.

Edited by roverstillidie - 30 Jun 2017 at 10:25pm
Pablo Escobar View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

And so it begins...

Eerily reminiscent of Lucifer Kilcoyne. 'We can't keep investing this much in - look at the (artificially low) attendances. Either more punters come to games or we cash out.

Indeed. Soul destroying.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm
Thats pathetic. What did they expect. Put in a bit of money and what win the league and reach the chamions league group stages...its laughable. Im not sure what there objecrives were to begin with. Clowns.
Pablo Escobar View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Thats pathetic. What did they expect. Put in a bit of money and what win the league and reach the chamions league group stages...its laughable. Im not sure what there objecrives were to begin with. Clowns.

That was never their intention IMO.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:11am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

A few things here

The figures don't tally with official attendances

They doubled the season ticket price, of course sales were going to be low.

They shut down the supporters club

They drove away a lot of long standing supporters and volunteers in the ownership battle

They openly use the club as a property play

The chairman made a string of racist comments online and the next week launched am anti racism campaign

There's next to no marketing done

If you want to increase attendances you explain you need more fans to keep the investment going. Not lambast fans for not attending.

The timing is ridiculous in the middle of a big match. People were absolutely fuming at the match.
You could see phones being passed around and people shaking their head in disgust.

General concensus was its the begging of the end.

It's an insult to fans who turn up week in, week out.

There's no recent history of high attendance at Bray, to expect otherwise was foolish.

At the same time, attendance is 1,000+ at most games, which should make ends meet.

They put huge money into attacking players and not much else - stupid, all games we've lost have been through the middle, where our weakest players are.

It's a f**king ridiculous statement, absolutely nothing good can come from it.

This has been a sh*t evening.

Well at least you got to see some cracking goals!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 8:12am
The statement came out before the third goal and I'd switched off by then

When Towell scored one of the best goals of the last few years in the 8-1 I was turned around chatting to the lad behind me, I've no luck against ye!   

Edited by nvidic - 01 Jul 2017 at 8:12am
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 8:56am
Marketing from the club is awful.

Small town reality when realistically Bray Wanderers should be targeting fans from as far north as Dun Laoghaire and as far south as Carlow, Gorey etc.

It's a club on the DART line, with bus links galore and is less than 20km from Dublin City centre. There's easily 300k people in the South Dublin / North Wicklow urban area that the club should be targeting as potential fans. You could argue that Cabinteely and UCD are too close but both of those teams are in the First Division, and as far as Dublin clubs go, have the smallest fan bases and arguablly the least history.

Then again, poor marketing isn't a trait just possessed by Bray, but by much of the league.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 9:17am
The fai licensing committee approved Brays budget at the start of the season as they did Athlone so big questions to be answered there.

As for marketing and promotion the clubs are the only ones doing this bar a few posters stuck on random bus shelters and a load of inflatables hawked around the country.

Jd was on about the €20m they spend on grassroots football I'd love to know how much is being spent on the loi bar the €5k voucher for 5 year plans for 18 teams.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Abc123 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abc123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:53am
Absolutely untrue
Abc123 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abc123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:57am
Owner is losing a lot of money and is pulling out. The attendances aren't high enough for whatever reason. O'Connor spent money that isn't his like it grows on trees. What happens from now on remains to be seen but will come out soon enough I'd say. Most players will probably jump ship.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:11am
Some clubs unfortunately will never have a fan base.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:21am
Bray players been told they're free to talk to other clubs as only enough money left for next week.

The only people I feel sorry for are the bray supporters I've no sympathy for the players being stupid enough to go to bray for an extra hundred a week over clubs with a long reputation of paying players.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:23am
Feel bad for the fans but it was always gonna end in tears.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 02 Jul 2017 at 11:23am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:28am
Silence from abbotstownis deafening. Robust licensing my arse.

Will they go to the wall?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:45am
I called this at the start of the season as did many many others, the same with athlone. If sh*te talkers like me or a lot of people on this forum see it coming, how didn't Fran Gavin?
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:46am
What a horrible, horrible weekend
Abc123 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abc123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:53am
Players have been told to find new clubs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic