Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bray Wanderers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 12:09am
I think he should be given 5 years before being judged!
Sponsored Links

KOH View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KOH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 12:10am
Rovers have started to get it together. Since conceding a daft last minute equalizer to limerick they have beaten Dundalk bohs galway bray (throw in longford in the EA ) lost to derry (deserved something) and lost to cork (fair enough but sending off killed it)
Bradley has had half a season with prety much a whole new first team.
At least it's enjoyable to watch, this time last year under fenlon we were like watching paint dry..
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by KOH KOH wrote:

Rovers have started to get it together. Since conceding a daft last minute equalizer to limerick they have beaten Dundalk bohs galway bray (throw in longford in the EA ) lost to derry (deserved something) and lost to cork (fair enough but sending off killed it)
Bradley has had half a season with prety much a whole new first team.
At least it's enjoyable to watch, this time last year under fenlon we were like watching paint dry..

bray were there for the taking, wheels have come off somewhat in the last two weeks. only won one in the last five, has let derry and rovers close the gap
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:50am
Only won one in 7 I think

Not sure what's happened but John Sullivan is a lot to do with it, he was finally dropped last night and then Bucko pulled up in the warm so he went right wing back, despite Douglas being on the bench

max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 5:59pm
Rumours Bray players not been paid beginning to circulate. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:27pm
Douglas not getting a game nvidic?always impressed me any time ive seen him very wholehearted lad,daft by kenny if hes leaving out that sort of player.maybe a bit of strife in the camp?
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Douglas not getting a game nvidic?always impressed me any time ive seen him very wholehearted lad,daft by kenny if hes leaving out that sort of player.maybe a bit of strife in the camp?

I'd take him at pats noticed he wasn't playing and we're struggling big time there
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:47pm
Bray linked with Owen Garvan, as are Pats and Limerick.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

He was injured and lost his place to Buckley, which was deserved, but why he didn't play yesterday after Buckley pulled up I dunno, could have cost us the match

Managers never seemed to like him at all, always giving him stick, talking to an ex player yesterday and he was saying all the players know the fans absolutely love him but they couldn't understand why and didn't think he was that good

One of my favourites, gives absolutely everything and solid at the back

Edited by nvidic - 31 May 2017 at 9:00pm
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:19pm
Could do with signing 2 centre midfielders and a right back. They've been a joy to watch at times this season though, Greene and McCabe in particular have been very impressive. They could have scored double figures against Rovers a few weeks ago, never seen a Bray team win as convincingly in my life!

They are very inconsistent though and I think the break is coming at the right time for them.

Haven't heard anything about players not getting paid.
Theres only one sport that matters..
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:54pm
Not think Bucko and Douglas are enough at rb?

Agree on CM and everything else

Players don't seem to give a toss at all lately, I've seen connolly play well twice this year
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Not think Bucko and Douglas are enough at rb?

Agree on CM and everything else

Players don't seem to give a toss at all lately, I've seen connolly play well twice this year

Not for me. Buckley much better in midfield and Hugh isn't a top 6 PD player for me. 

Connolly struggling big time compared with his form of last season. He's a streaky player tho so wouldn't be surprised to see him improve after the break.

I have been going to Bray matches for 20 years, it's never been as entertaining as this, really looking forward to the 2nd half of the season.
Theres only one sport that matters..
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 6:32pm
Connolly only had eight or so decent games last year from ones I went to, needs to apply himself more

Gonna be exciting alright, so much on the the line
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 5:23pm
Gary McCabe in Fifa (the game) Rest Of World Team of The YearClap

Tim Clancy in the weekly oneClap

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:42pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:45pm
Supreme to no one. That's them f**ked now it seems
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:52pm
No surprise there anyway.
Still a shame though
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 10:13pm
A few things here

The figures don't tally with official attendances

They doubled the season ticket price, of course sales were going to be low.

They shut down the supporters club

They drove away a lot of long standing supporters and volunteers in the ownership battle

They openly use the club as a property play

The chairman made a string of racist comments online and the next week launched am anti racism campaign

There's next to no marketing done

If you want to increase attendances you explain you need more fans to keep the investment going. Not lambast fans for not attending.

The timing is ridiculous in the middle of a big match. People were absolutely fuming at the match.
You could see phones being passed around and people shaking their head in disgust.

General concensus was its the begging of the end.

It's an insult to fans who turn up week in, week out.

There's no recent history of high attendance at Bray, to expect otherwise was foolish.

At the same time, attendance is 1,000+ at most games, which should make ends meet.

They put huge money into attacking players and not much else - stupid, all games we've lost have been through the middle, where our weakest players are.

It's a f**king ridiculous statement, absolutely nothing good can come from it.

This has been a sh*t evening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
  Share Topic