You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bray Wanderers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bray Wanderers
    Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:19pm
Lots of rumours circling that wage payments have been missed. Any ITK's about to clear this up?
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 2:48pm
Few Bray threads but will leave this as the main one

Not heard anything myself and no mumblings at the game on Fri, not seen much on Twitter either, although I wouldn't be a big user.

Who have you heard it from?
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Few Bray threads but will leave this as the main one

Not heard anything myself and no mumblings at the game on Fri, not seen much on Twitter either, although I wouldn't be a big user.

Who have you heard it from?

No-one reliable just the usual gossiping and forum nonsense. Wouldn't be surprised if someone made it up for the craic but it's quite believable at the same time so said I'd ask. I'm obviously not very good at using the search function as I did try and see if there was a thread Confused
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 3:43pm
Club put Connolly out for interview yesterday and from following a few players on social media they're all up for the game tonight so I'd imagine it's just a rumour

But you never know with Bray
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 6:21pm
Randomly bumped into an ex Bray player from last season on the street there, reckons there's absolutely nothing to the rumours
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 6:26pm

Randomly bumped into an ex Bray player from last season on the street there, reckons there's absolutely nothing to the rumours

Cheers for that, good to hear. Although wouldn't mind poaching Connolly and Greene.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:33pm
The first goal tonight was out of the Athlone Town handbook.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:34pm
Second wasn't far off either
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:40pm

The standard really is bad. Dundalk's and, to a lesser extent, City's European performances have papered over the cracks.
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The standard really is bad. Dundalk's and, to a lesser extent, City's European performances have papered over the cracks.

Rovers played well against us the other night before they went down to 10.

They're a decent side.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

They're a decent side.
They have some fine players but need to remove the faults they have, I think they need to change the manager for that. They should have won by 5 or 6 tonight but they couldn't put Bray to bed, so sloppy around the box. 
Jason Kelly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 10:54pm

Originally posted by Jason Kelly Jason Kelly wrote:

They're a decent side.

They have some fine players but need to remove the faults they have, I think they need to change the manager for that. They should have won by 5 or 6 tonight but they couldn't put Bray to bed, so sloppy around the box. 

Ya. I think he's the weak link. Who else is out there and available thats proven tho. They'd be going from one punt to another

Definately some smashing players there tho
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:02pm
Limerick had something like 46 applications for their job, there are more people interested in taking a job in Ireland than ever. Every managerial appointment is a punt anyway.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:09pm
I really think Bradley is getting a raw deal tbh.

Cork and Dundalk quality and experience wise are way ahead, but to puts things into perspective Rovers are 2 points off Bray in 3rd. 

Bradley is a young manager, you can clearly see he isn't taking the safe option tactics wise or the way Rovers are at least attempting to play a decent attacking football when it is far easier to play 4-4-2 with a direct brand.

As I keep saying, judge him and Rovers when he's had a full season or even two. 

Just look at how well Cork are doing now? Caulfield was lambasted for playing a poor brand of ball, it's no surprise that Cork are now easier on the eye and how many goals they score from all over the park. He was allowed time to put his stamp on things.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:14pm

LOLLOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Cork and Dundalk quality and experience wise are way ahead, but to puts things into perspective Rovers are 2 points off Bray in 3rd. 

Bradley is a young manager, you can clearly see he isn't taking the safe option tactics wise or the way Rovers are at least attempting to play a decent attacking football when it is far easier to play 4-4-2 with a direct brand.

Just look at how well Cork are doing now? Caulfield was lambasted for playing a poor brand of ball, it's no surprise that Cork are now easier on the eye and how many goals they score from all over the park. He was allowed time to put his stamp on things.
Caulfield is a pragmatist though, he took over a team with 2 average mid-table finishes and a promotion in the previous three years. All those finishes came under a negative manager and he is evolved the style slowly over his time in charge, it isn't Brazil '70 or Pep's Barcelona now but it has certainly improved. He was allowed to put his stamp on things because the team has improved every year and has got his reward this year, being helped by Dundalk's inability to recover from losing key players. This will be Caulfield's next key test.
There is no question that the team Bradley has should be doing better, I think it will take his departure to find their natural level. With the start Dundalk have made they should be battling them, they fact they are behind a Bray side they just played off the park should say it all.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by skinnymalinx skinnymalinx wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
I know knocking out a team with several teams our budget was no great achievement, or giving a game to the eventual quarter-finalists, certainly not compared to getting done by the Finnish Athlone Town, but it wasn't something to sneer at either.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 12:05am

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Caulfield is a pragmatist though, he took over a team with 2 average mid-table finishes and a promotion in the previous three years. All those finishes came under a negative manager and he is evolved the style slowly over his time in charge, it isn't Brazil '70 or Pep's Barcelona now but it has certainly improved. He was allowed to put his stamp on things because the team has improved every year and has got his reward this year, being helped by Dundalk's inability to recover from losing key players. This will be Caulfield's next key test.
There is no question that the team Bradley has should be doing better, I think it will take his departure to find their natural level. With the start Dundalk have made they should be battling them, they fact they are behind a Bray side they just played off the park should say it all.

On the other side of the coin, you could say Rovers have turned around a 4-2 defeat by Bray exactly a month ago to playing them off the park and beating them with minimal fuss. 

I agree that this Rovers side should have a few more points, given the quality and money spent to bring in certain players "but" I believe that Bradley and this team will continue to improve and they will hit a purple patch at some point in the season where they win 4 or 5 in a row.

I reckon finishing 3rd would be seen as a decent season, that should be there target. 

Now long term that will not be good enough, but despite Dundalk obviously weakened from last season player for player they have more quality than Rovers, need I say more about Cork. 

Whether Bradser will become the next Stephen Kenny/Pat Fenlon and lift many titles it remains to be seen, but I admire that he has balls to try to implement a nice brand of football and take risks tactically. I'll definitely give him minimum the full season before judging him! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic