You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : The Coaches Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Schoolboy football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 3:20pm

Pretty much sums up the FAI

Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:43pm
Absolute bottle job by the FAI once again. 
all other schoolboy clubs rowed in with the plan and sorted out link up's with LOI sides, even Joeys and Bray and there was no love lost there historically. 

I seen that the North Dublin Schoolboys League have issued a statement questioning any proposed link up as they have a link in with Bohs for past number of years. 

"Just put it up there..."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm

For those who don't want to give The Sun the clicks, I've C+Ped it here

ADMISSION ROW 

Schoolboy clubs threaten to sever link-ups with SSE Airtricity League clubs in protest at St Kevin’s Boys’ admission to U15 league

The FAI’s decision to allow Kevin’s join the new underage league on the basis of a commitment by them to try to agree a partnership with Bohemians has gone down badly

SCHOOLBOY clubs have threatened to sever their link-ups with SSE Airtricity League clubs in protest at St Kevin’s Boys’ admission to the under-15 league.

The FAI’s decision to allow Kevin’s join the new underage league on the basis of a commitment by them to try to agree a partnership with Bohemians has gone down badly with rival clubs.

Many of the leading nurseries around the country had already linked up with senior outfits having been told by the FAI this was the only way for them to remain part of the elite player pathway.

Leading Dublin clubs such as Belvedere, Cherry Orchard, Crumlin United, Home Farm and Malahide United met in the capital over the weekend.

And they have warned the FAI they may not release players to their affiliated clubs next month when the league is due to start.

Belvo, Orchard and Crumlin have a link-up with St Pat’s, Home Farm have an agreement with Drogheda United with Malahide partners with Dundalk.

The Dublin clubs have also told the Association that they will formally sever their links if St Kevin’s are allowed to compete in the new league in their own right.

Clubs in Cork and Limerick are believed to have issued similar warnings.

It is a major headache for the FAI who agreed the compromise with Kevin’s after talks between the Santry club and Bohs, St Pat’s, Shamrock Rovers and Shelbourne ended without an agreement.

Although the running costs are high for clubs which are already struggling financially, the introduction of under-19 and under-17 leagues have been largely welcomed as a step in the right direction for player development.

But it is now unclear if the introduction of the under-15 league – which in time is to be followed by one at under-13 level – can go ahead as planned

Edited by MC Hammered - 12 Jul 2017 at 4:56pm
El Puto Amo
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 7:41pm
I do believe cluster f**k is the right phrase here   This isn't going to go away. The FAI really know how to make a bollox of things clowns
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 9:02am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

The FAI really know how to make a bollox of things clowns
Yes indeed.

Everything was running smoothly with the clubs despite their opposition to the u15 league. 

They were just waiting for the FAI to fcuk up and like Dougal pressing the red button they duly obliged.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

The FAI really know how to make a bollox of things clowns
Yes indeed.

Everything was running smoothly with the clubs despite their opposition to the u15 league. 

They were just waiting for the FAI to fcuk up and like Dougal pressing the red button they duly obliged.

Dougal couldn't have made any more of a f*cking mess of this than the FAI have. It's depressing when you look at the calibre of clown we have making decisions at this level of the game. This one, sadly, will run and run.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 11:00am

From Il Duce: 
"Twenty million euros went into grass-roots football and underage football last year, so we fund the game significantly."

That's a lot of €€€, does anyone have an idea of where specifically it was spent? 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 10:00pm
Gary McKay....any truth to the rumour that a certain ex Irish international called to a players house in your neck of the woods?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 11:56am

Gary McKay....any truth to the rumour that a certain ex Irish international called to a players house in your neck of the woods?
I heard that too.

Armed with a Rovers jersey ?

Not sure how true it is.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 1:04pm

I heard that too.

Not sure how true it is.

yeah. A good source told me the same. Btw there are other birds circling,as I'm sure you are aware
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 1:20pm
Do tell....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 12:26pm

I heard that too.

Not sure how true it is.
yeah. A good source told me the same. Btw there are other birds circling,as I'm sure you are aware
Yes indeed which is why they didn't initially select the kid for the DDSL Elite squad to force him to transfer to a 'Big 6' club.

It didn't work, we got him into the squad and he's probably the best player.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:19pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:51pm
That tournament also includes Chelsea, Liverpool and Ajax.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:52pm

I heard that too.

Not sure how true it is.
Signed for Rovers.

Delighted he didn't go elsewhere.
Good path for him.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:26am
Shocking news ;
Shelbourne FC have confirmed the death of 16-year-old academy player Izzy Dezu.

Dezu collapsed during a Dublin and District Schoolboys Under-16 match against St Kevin’s Boys on Tuesday night.

Paramedics from Dublin Fire Brigade worked on Dezu at the Athletic Union League (AUL) Complex, before he was pronounced dead at Beaumont Hospital.

A statement from Shelbourne read: “We are heartbroken to have to confirm the news that our Academy U16 player, Izzy Dezu, collapsed and died during a match last night.

“The thoughts of everyone at Shelbourne FC are with his family and friends who have been devastated by his tragic loss. May he rest in peace.”

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:27am

Very sad news last night. A Shelbourne u16 player died on the pitch in a DDSL match against St Kevins Boys. That's incredibly tough for anyone involved. RIP to the young lad
El Puto Amo
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 9:40am
RIP, terrible news
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic