You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland V Uruguay - 4th June - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:02pm
Really don't know what way MON will line out this one, can see the starting 11 being very similar to the one sunday week. Would like to see Westwood start.
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Are the bars in the stadium open tomorrow for the poor fans?

Aye. Will be open for the Austria game as well change in the rules before the Wales games. Carlsberg obviously prodded FIFA about it.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Really don't know what way MON will line out this one, can see the starting 11 being very similar to the one sunday week. Would like to see Westwood start.
I think it will be the back 4 and keeper that starts against Austria. I would reckon that 8-9 of tomorrow'steam will start against Austria, with a couple of possibles given a chance to impress.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

New security procedures in place tomorrow

From the FAI Ireland v Uruguay FB page

Supporters travelling to Aviva Stadium are advised to arrive at least one hour ahead of kick-off to get through security and they are reminded of new security measures:

- Aviva Stadium Management are introducing a “No Bag Policy” to all events in the stadium

- It is important that supporters do not bring any bags or rucksacks to the game

- Searching procedures will be in place at all entry points and because of this it is advisable all supporters arrive a little earlier than normal

- Extra Safety & Security measures will be in place at this fixture

Handy that these measures will increase sales of food inside the stadium, isn't it...?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:59pm
How ? Are they going to physically force people to buy food

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Jun 2017 at 1:08pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:01pm
Who buys food at Ireland matches?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Who buys food at Ireland matches?
The same as at any other football match, people who have drank too much beer and suddenly realise that the must eat something high in calories, low in nutrition and tastes like a tramp's slipper.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:56pm
Would like to see this lineup today:

Westwood

Christie    Duffy     O'Shea   Ward

O'Dowda     Arter   Hourihane Horgan

Hoolahan

Walters
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 2:11pm
 I think Randolph will start, he is first-choice and needs matches. I can't see Hourihane starting either, I don't think he is anywhere near being involved against Austria, I really think this match will involve the 16-7 players who MON has in mind for next week. I would say something along the lines of:
Randolph

Christie
O'Shea
Duffy/Keogh
Ward

McGeady/McClean
Arter/O'Kane
Hendrick/Meyler
Wes
Brady

Murphy/Walters

I think Whelan will be given a rest, all the other players mentioned will be involved, player mentioned most likely to start. 
I also think McGeady may be pushed in more centrally when Wes goes off. That's my guess at it. I think MON knows his team for next week and is just looking for lads to make him change his mind.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 3:13pm
I think O'Dowda should get some more game time, i think he offers something a little different. He always shows glimpses of what he's capable of in his sub appearences. Unfortunately the other night, the position didnt suit him but he did show a little something with that dribble which lead to a good chance.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think Randolph will start, he is first-choice and needs matches. I can't see Hourihane starting either, I don't think he is anywhere near being involved against Austria, I really think this match will involve the 16-7 players who MON has in mind for next week. I would say something along the lines of:
Randolph

Christie
O'Shea
Duffy/Keogh
Ward

McGeady/McClean
Arter/O'Kane
Hendrick/Meyler
Wes
Brady

Murphy/Walters

I think Whelan will be given a rest, all the other players mentioned will be involved, player mentioned most likely to start. 
I also think McGeady may be pushed in more centrally when Wes goes off. That's my guess at it. I think MON knows his team for next week and is just looking for lads to make him change his mind.
Meyler not injured?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Randolph

Christie
O'Shea
Duffy/Keogh
Ward

McGeady/McClean
Arter/O'Kane
Hendrick/Meyler
Wes
Brady

Murphy/Walters

Meyler not injured?
He is, you are correct.

You may be correct in relation to O'Dowda too. MON seems to really like him and has been the exception to the argument I have made regarding players like Maguire and Stevens.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 4:34pm
A no bag policy, would they ever cop on.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 4:49pm
Team named: https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/871392551584116736/photo/1

Edited by musicinmouth - 04 Jun 2017 at 4:50pm
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 4:50pm
Ireland team to face Uruguay: Randolph, Duffy, Long  Christie, Ward; Whelan, Brady, Hendrick, Arter, Hayes, Walters.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 04 Jun 2017 at 4:52pm
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">Ireland team to face Uruguay: Randolph, Duffy, Long  Christie, Ward; Whelan, Brady, Hendrick, Arter, Hayes, Walters.</span><div ="_yah"="" style="-webkit--align: end; align-items: flex-end; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; white-space: nowrap;">
<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">
</span>

O'Shea/Keogh in for Long and McClean in for Hayes and that's our team next Sunday.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 4:55pm
Hayes? Christ almighty I don't see a player there at all at this level....and a few levels below to be honest
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 4:56pm
Anyone got a working stream ?? 😢😢
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic