Ireland V Uruguay - 4th June - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland V Uruguay - 4th June - Match Thread
    Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 11:09am
Saw some mutton head walking in with a big f**k off ruckstack on his back, I was thinking what an absolute thick.

Needless to say he didn't get in.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by RoyD RoyD wrote:

The most enjoyable friendly i have been at in years. Wish we could play with half the confidence we did on Sunday.

I walked along the back of the south stand heading towards my section( west stand) and the difference in security checks was very noticeable. I presumed everyone in ground would be dealing with higher security checks. No-one got searched going into my section, while it looked like anyone heading into the south stand were getting searched head to toe. Very unfair just to single out 1 section like that imo.
If you have seen anti Celtic fan I stand next to I would say they are very right in what they do . ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 10:20am
The most enjoyable friendly i have been at in years. Wish we could play with half the confidence we did on Sunday.

I walked along the back of the south stand heading towards my section( west stand) and the difference in security checks was very noticeable. I presumed everyone in ground would be dealing with higher security checks. No-one got searched going into my section, while it looked like anyone heading into the south stand were getting searched head to toe. Very unfair just to single out 1 section like that imo.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 2:16am
Italy beat Uruguay 3-0 tonight. Uruguay had a v similar team out to the one they had on Sunday. Interesting to compare how they got on in the two games.

Shocking own goal by Giminez, then Uruguay had a goal disallowed (soft) and Italy went ahead in the last 6 minutes or so with a fortuitous goal which Eder more or less deflected in from a shot coming into the 6 yard box, followed up by a penalty by De Rossi in the 92nd minute.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:45pm
Blog on the game below for anyone who fancies a read. Few thoughts on the Austria game too.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:30pm
Drinking/singing in the concourse Clap
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 4:07pm
LOL

Was waiting for that image.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Sure at Uruguay game there was four numptys in front of me, arrived about 20 minutes late stayed for about 10 minutes all this time yelling explicit s to any player who got the ball (All within ear shot of kids) then one of them very loudly asked the others "PINTS?", to which they all left not to return until about 65 minutes complain after about 5 minutes and back for "PINTS"

I personally think this is acceptable at international friendlies, if you go it is an excuse for a piss-up and no more. People go because of the season ticket or because of the 'duo' package. If you don't want kids to hear swearing then take them to the zoo, I agree that there is no need to be abusing players. Not for the sake of it anyway!

You obviously haven't been to the flamingo lagoon of recent.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Sure at Uruguay game there was four numptys in front of me, arrived about 20 minutes late stayed for about 10 minutes all this time yelling explicit s to any player who got the ball (All within ear shot of kids) then one of them very loudly asked the others "PINTS?", to which they all left not to return until about 65 minutes complain after about 5 minutes and back for "PINTS"

I personally think this is acceptable at international friendlies, if you go it is an excuse for a piss-up and no more. People go because of the season ticket or because of the 'duo' package. If you don't want kids to hear swearing then take them to the zoo, I agree that there is no need to be abusing players. Not for the sake of it anyway!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

If Arter doesn't start it will be a f**kin travisty.

Arter was terrific v Uruguay and he was in Vienna, but hold on a sec, the Brady/Whelan/Hendrick midfield three is tried and trusted and I can totally understand if Martin stays with them.  McClean will be left side, and I'd guess it'll be either McGeady on the right and Walters up top, or Walters on right and Murphy up top.

Hendrick on the right, Arter in the middle I think.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

If Arter doesn't start it will be a f**kin travisty.

Arter was terrific v Uruguay and he was in Vienna, but hold on a sec, the Brady/Whelan/Hendrick midfield three is tried and trusted and I can totally understand if Martin stays with them.  McClean will be left side, and I'd guess it'll be either McGeady on the right and Walters up top, or Walters on right and Murphy up top.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:37pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

And fcukers staying out on the concourse for a sing song and missing the first 10-15 mins of the second half...and like on Sunday, missing a goal in the process.
This is becoming a regular occurance fckin idiots who be better off on their barstools Angry

Qualifiers it's standing at the seat for 90 mins . Friendlies I wouldn't be as pushed to rush to my seat after half time .
Sure the Wales game when the second half started and for a good few minutes after there was as many outside on the concourse fckin dancing and singing as there was in the stand, 114 i might add and seems to be the same muppetts each time
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:19pm

And fcukers staying out on the concourse for a sing song and missing the first 10-15 mins of the second half...and like on Sunday, missing a goal in the process.
This is becoming a regular occurance fckin idiots who be better off on their barstools Angry
But think of the Facebook Likes you could get! Joe.ie could pick it up - you could go viral with that type of banter 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:11pm

Qualifiers it's standing at the seat for 90 mins . Friendlies I wouldn't be as pushed to rush to my seat after half time .
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:38am

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:35am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 11:26am
Alcohol being available, where you have to camp out in the depths of the stadium, skulling a pint for fear you wish the 2nd half...that is not alcohol available in my book.

Unless you can sit at your seat sipping on your beer, then I couldn't be arsed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic